John Bateman

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ANy club wanting to sign him and in negotiations now will want it on the low down. No doubt it'd be a part of their talks that he doesn't tell the world about it or make waves to avoid other clubs sniffing too much around. And I'd imagine he'd get a healthy bonus for keeping it hush hush.

All my opinion obviously :grinning:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The salary cap looks like it will be substantially reduced in 2021.
The payments to players will also have to be reduced. So $800K
may not be an option for these players.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem for us is he is probably worth about 100k more than he’s on. Doubt he’d come to a struggling club for that much. Thompson may be an appeal but we don’t win when it comes to big purchases, we just watch other clubs bleed us, REGARDLESS of who’s in administration. I don’t have faith in any since Peter Moore - fact.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He may not of asked for a release yet,but pretty certain his manager is trying to get him higher bidders
Gotta agree on that. Too much smoke now to think there isn't something to it. At the very least he's pressuring the Raiders to come back with an improved offer.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem for us is he is probably worth about 100k more than he’s on. Doubt he’d come to a struggling club for that much. Thompson may be an appeal but we don’t win when it comes to big purchases, we just watch other clubs bleed us, REGARDLESS of who’s in administration. I don’t have faith in any since Peter Moore - fact.
Except for the fact we dont have many super stars so probably can pay slight overs to land him ,def not $800k but guys like him and jacko and the type of hard edge competitors that you can build a team around

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Thompson
9?
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Bateman
13. Elliott

That's a good fast aggressive forward pack.
Except for the fact we dont have many super stars so probably can pay slight overs to land him ,def not $800k but guys like him and jacko and the type of hard edge competitors that you can build a team around

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Thompson
9?
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Bateman
13. Elliott

That's a good fast aggressive forward pack.
Certainly could do worse would definitely want some big bodies on the bench having britt and Stimson off the bench just doesn’t have enough bite towards the back ends of halves that’s why I would’ve loved someone like tetevano this offseason

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if he will end up at the Dogs but you don't hire Isaac Moses as you manager if you are happy with your current contract.

Despite his tweet yesterday there's something going on there.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly could do worse would definitely want some big bodies on the bench having britt and Stimson off the bench just doesn’t have enough bite towards the back ends of halves that’s why I would’ve loved someone like tetevano this offseason
Or we could start Toomanga and start one of Thompson or Napa off the bench to at least have some punch come off the bench.