John Bateman

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
English journo has said that Bateman, Thompson and gildart could all be at the bulldogs soon
Just watched Gildart's highlights, first time seeing him, he's a baller. Great pace and vision. Also has good (soft) hands. A couple of tries breaking tackles and bouncing of defenders too. A lot of space and early ball in the Super League so it's just a matter if he can transition well or not in the NRL.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
English journo has said that Bateman, Thompson and gildart could all be at the bulldogs soon
Do you have the link mate? Maybe the article is dated as Thommo is obviously already here.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah if Francis molo is getting shopped to uk we should make a play for him. Great bench forward.
The uk reporter probably means Bateman and gildart could be at the dogs with Thompson in the near future, he would know Thompson is already here obviously
Yeah I like Molo a lot. He makes a huge impact and if he's cheap he'd be a good signing.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fifita is interesting if his best offer is ~1m from the Titans, the problem I have with it is I don't want a player on overs for more than three years, I think it's counter productive if you have aspirations of winning a premiership anytime soon.
Who wants to break the news to him? Anyone here or should i.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who wants to break the news to him? Anyone here or should i.
I already know, don't worry Nasheed. I didn't mean soon soon :D .

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah if Francis molo is getting shopped to uk we should make a play for him. Great bench forward.
The uk reporter probably means Bateman and gildart could be at the dogs with Thompson in the near future, he would know Thompson is already here obviously
the problem is we have a pack of bench forwards, need intimidaetors

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
John Bateman heading home to Super League

John Bateman’s future is decided, and the news is not good for Canterbury fans as yet another star shuns recruitment moves by the cashed-up club.

Unhappy Canberra backrower John Bateman looks set to turn his back on the NRL and return to England at the end of the season.

It is understood the English Test forward will knock back strong interest from Canterbury and St George Illawarra to link with the Wigan Warriors in the Super League.

Bateman has been at the centre of an ugly dispute with the Raiders after seeking a pay upgrade on his $600,000 deal.

It is understood the Raiders had previously offered his management $750,000 for next year but that wasn’t enough.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner was unavailable for comment.

Bateman had a clause in his contract where he could renegotiate his deal each season but the way the negotiations have played out has really left a bitter taste at the Raiders.

Bateman was the Dally M backrower of the year in 2019 but hasn’t played so far this season after shoulder surgery and complications that followed.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/a1cd6b79fc13d3333adcc5490fc88d99

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
John Bateman heading home to Super League

John Bateman’s future is decided, and the news is not good for Canterbury fans as yet another star shuns recruitment moves by the cashed-up club.

Unhappy Canberra backrower John Bateman looks set to turn his back on the NRL and return to England at the end of the season.

It is understood the English Test forward will knock back strong interest from Canterbury and St George Illawarra to link with the Wigan Warriors in the Super League.

Bateman has been at the centre of an ugly dispute with the Raiders after seeking a pay upgrade on his $600,000 deal.

It is understood the Raiders had previously offered his management $750,000 for next year but that wasn’t enough.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner was unavailable for comment.

Bateman had a clause in his contract where he could renegotiate his deal each season but the way the negotiations have played out has really left a bitter taste at the Raiders.

Bateman was the Dally M backrower of the year in 2019 but hasn’t played so far this season after shoulder surgery and complications that followed.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/a1cd6b79fc13d3333adcc5490fc88d99
Well another down... Really hope the Cotric news resigning in Canberra is not true

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well another down... Really hope the Cotric news resigning in Canberra is not true
It’s not looking good. The club is going to have to pull a rabbit out of its hat to get some quality players now. I can’t see it happening.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bateman's and a damn good player but we dont know how his body would've responded after his injuries.

I think this is a blessing in disguise for us.

We do need to sort out our coaching situation though. We can't just be in coaching limbo when we supposedly have $3M to spend.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the sense this combined football board and leagues club board meeting this week is going to be massive....... something needs to happen

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not looking good. The club is going to have to pull a rabbit out of its hat to get some quality players now. I can’t see it happening.
If the board want to survive they need to get creative. They have always said 2021 is the year we turn it around and I’m happy to wait but the chances of change are slimming

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bateman's and a damn good player but we dont know how his body would've responded after his injuries.

I think this is a blessing in disguise for us.

We do need to sort out our coaching situation though. We can't just be in coaching limbo when we supposedly have $3M to spend.
I really don’t get Bateman. He’s signed for less to go back home but he left Canberra to get more money... Something doesn’t add up