John Bateman

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah. I understand that. Especially considering this rumour is completely from leftfield. You never know though. We're missing a player in that position. We've got money. Who knows?
Well DWZ, CHN, Napa were all contracted elsewhere when they joined us. But of those three only DWZ got mentioned as a potential signing before we won his signature. So with our club, leaks aren't seeming to be common with signings.

So I'm not ruling it out, but I'm also not raising any expectations. If we sign Bateman it's only going to be news for me then. Until the club announces signings I consider rumours to be unreliable. Otherwise we'd be more stacked with talent than the Roosters and Melbourne combined.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bro
I know zero tackle has that as you posted but I doubt it’s 100. It may be he agreed to terms and did ’t sign. Why would sticky take him if he’s out in. 2022 and how could he realistically ask for a pay rise if he ain’t hanging around nobody would sign him..
Zero tackle isn’t the only site that said he’s put pen to paper to return to Wigan. I doubt they’d have that on their pages if it wasn’t true..
He’s looking for a pay rise just to make as much money as he can while he’s here probably

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_4295.JPG
It’s a mutual agreement that whenever he wants to return Wigan gets first crack not a contract set in stone.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Zero tackle isn’t the only site that said he’s put pen to paper to return to Wigan. I doubt they’d have that on their pages if it wasn’t true..
He’s looking for a pay rise just to make as much money as he can while he’s here probably
Yeah it’s a bit weird isn’t it. He wouldn’t have any leverage to ask for a pay rise if he was confirmed going back after next year. Might have signed something with a get get out clause.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're honestly better of keeping Reynolds at that point. If it was true it'd be a good buy for us, especially with Reynolds being a fan favourite. It has to be on that sort of money tho.
Reynolds being a fan favourite is a myth for every fan that loves him there’s one that was happy to see him go.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jesse Bromwich?
Bromwich was all but coming to us then we sent that offer and dime to Andrew Fifita

We all know how that ended

Then cap in hand back to Jesse and he and his agent told us to go get fkd

K Locke was also 90% done to replace Barba but the kiwi boys (Franky and Beast ) told Des if he comes they will refuse to play with him

Apparently a compulsive liar non trustworthy

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to believe anything these days...
I heard a rumour we are after 3 players I dare say who they are,
I can say they are of very high quality, a wing, prop and a back rower !
Time will tell !!!
What about a fukin centre

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just say...We will literally be dancing in the streets of Belmore if we get the prop !!!
I’d dance in the streets of Belmore if it was Payne Haas.... or Taumalolo if he wants to wear the 8 or 10

Last edited: