John Bateman

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day the raiders and knights have shown how to recruit and our recruitment isnt in the same postcode and just seem half asleep.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We do still have a salary cap don’t we ? Why pay overs for a bloke that’s good but isn’t going to lead us to a final. It’s going to take a squad effort and elite players in key positions.
I’m all for getting Bateman but if it came down to giving Bateman a couple of hundred over or the next Tedesco , Cook etc a couple of extra hundred to get them here I’d prefer the key position players.... The NRL player market changes weekly
Simple . Pay him that money because he will make us more attractive to other potential recruits. The first big fish is important, we are going to have so many roster vacancies it's not funny, don't spend it on Bateman the top 30 will be filled with Katoa like signings...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The word is to his looking at going back to England to play
Its heen mentioned.
The thing is, once he has a thought like that in his head its hard to shake it away.

Would yall accept him on a 2 year deal only at 900k?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simple . Pay him that money because he will make us more attractive to other potential recruits. The first big fish is important, we are going to have so many roster vacancies it's not funny, don't spend it on Bateman the top 30 will be filled with Katoa like signings...
True I’d prefer our Katoa signings be more players coming through our playing ranks. But that’s probably a few years away before we get some decent youth coming through

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing to remember is that we are going to have to pay overs for players now. They wont see coming to the dogs to win comps for a while itll just be for money or young inexperienced players for an opportunity.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get it done and announce it. Other players will sign with us if we are bringing in Thompson and Bateman. We have to start somewhere Thompson already signed, Bateman would be great. Resign Foran on 1 year deal. Go hard at Addo carr and Jack bird. I know people were against it but sign McCullough as well for 2 years. We need to start somewhere, aiming for the Turbo brothers was great but never going to happen. We need 4-5 new players probably. All these player signings are possible and would make us competitive straight away

1. Bird
2. Addo Carr
3. Averillo
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8.Thompson
9.McCullough
10.Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. JMK / katoa
15. RFM
16. Roumanos
17 Tooamaga

This team is capable of playing finals footy

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the above leaves us with some depth. Stimson, Britt, R. Smith, Ogden

Morris1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just get it done and announce it. Other players will sign with us if we are bringing in Thompson and Bateman. We have to start somewhere Thompson already signed, Bateman would be great. Resign Foran on 1 year deal. Go hard at Addo carr and Jack bird. I know people were against it but sign McCullough as well for 2 years. We need to start somewhere, aiming for the Turbo brothers was great but never going to happen. We need 4-5 new players probably. All these player signings are possible and would make us competitive straight away

1. Bird
2. Addo Carr
3. Averillo
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8.Thompson
9.McCullough
10.Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. JMK / katoa
15. RFM
16. Roumanos
17 Tooamaga

Bird scares me, would be good if he could stay on the park.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather throw 600k at B Smith than 800k at Bateman. Only for the sheer fact that Bateman will probably only stay for another 2yrs where as Smith could be a here for a long stint

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its heen mentioned.
The thing is, once he has a thought like that in his head its hard to shake it away.

Would yall accept him on a 2 year deal only at 900k?
If it’s for his daughter as he claims, he won’t stay, he would already be home!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Bird
2. Addo Carr
3. Averillo
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8.Thompson
9.McCullough
10.Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. JMK / katoa
15. RFM
16. Roumanos
17 Tooamaga

McCullough? He couldn’t make the run on in Brisbane and now 3rd choice at Knights and you wanna sign him? Are you kidding!

Bird could join Foran watching from the stands injured!

So many dumb choices on TK

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
McCullough? He couldn’t make the run on in Brisbane and now 3rd choice at Knights and you wanna sign him? Are you kidding!

Bird could join Foran watching from the stands injured!

So many dumb choices on TK
who do you sign then dipshit

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Off contract at years end targets, cotric Bateman addo-carr
Off contract end of 2021 targets I’d want the dogs to atleast make a play for- Mitch Pearce, ponga, drinkwater, Ryan matterson, sivo, Brent Naden, Tevita tatola, cam McInnes, luke Keary, Tedesco, josh aloai, billy Walters..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped reading when I got to the number 7 listed

1. Bird
2. Addo Carr
3. Averillo
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8.Thompson
9.McCullough
10.Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. JMK / katoa
15. RFM
16. Roumanos
17 Tooamaga

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day the raiders and knights have shown how to recruit and our recruitment isnt in the same postcode and just seem half asleep.
I reckon most on here would recruit better than the donkeys at our club.

Like what the hell is wrong with our recruitment committee?