Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cool, look forward to it nutboy

Try not to get banned again champ
Great comeback, grow up you little child. You brought me up, I didn’t ask you to. All the negative whinging on here is hard to read so I won’t lose any sleep over being banned at the moment

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great comeback, grow up you little child. All the negative whinging on here is hard to read so I won’t lose any sleep over being banned at the moment
Hey, I'm just stooping to your level.

Besides, if you hate all the negative feedback, what are you even doing here?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just stooping to your level.

Besides, if you hate all the negative feedback, what are you even doing here?
I’ve been here a very long time and not everyone uses every post to have a bitchy little dig at the club they apparently support or cowardly little references to other posters like you did here. There are still lots of great intelligent posters on here

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been here a very long time and not everyone uses every post to have bitchy little dig at the club they apparently support or cowardly little references to other posters like you did here. There are still lots of great intelligent posters on here
What it seems you like to do is have a dig and love to argue with people who disagree with you because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Then label said people whingers

That's just the way you are, and that's not a problem. Just ignore me and I'll do the same with you

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What it seems you like to do is have a dig and love to argue with people who disagree with you because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Then label said people whingers

That's just the way you are, and that's not a problem. Just ignore me and I'll do the same with you
I don’t care what you think. I have no agenda. I just have the brains to realise the situation the club is in and don’t cry in every post. You chose to bring me up and have a little dig when I’ve never had any issues with you before

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the millionth time, that's not how the Cap works, the NRL assumes the maximum possible contract value. Whether the player actually gets paid that is irrelevant.

Go Dogs
Fair enough, so assuming the NRLol take the maximum possible contract value and Foran only plays say 10 games with 5 wins, how is the difference in assumed vs actual handled?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I cant wait til we get John Bateman at over inflated price to the dogs so the board and Pay apologists can say I told you so....even though the spine is not being addressed...
The spine is good bar 1 and 9. Sometimes you can't address the spine first if your recruiting externally... You need good players that quality spine players want to play with. I'm off the opinion if you can sign a elite player you don't pass it up no matter the position. Board is meh and Pays not my favourite either

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The spine is good bar 1 and 9. Sometimes you can't address the spine first if your recruiting externally... You need good players that quality spine players want to play with. I'm off the opinion if you can sign a elite player you don't pass it up no matter the position. Board is meh and Pays not my favourite either
I really think we should try and sign centre though. Smith isn't a good option there IMO.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really think we should try and sign centre though. Smith isn't a good option there IMO.
Agree Cotric has to be the one. But I'm interested to see what we do with Averillo first. The first 4 rounds need to prioritise him and Meaney in the spine and see where we stand. If Jake struggled maybe he might wanna play centre and our targets change

Last edited:

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree Cotric has to be the one. But I'm interested to see what we do with Averillo first. The first 4 months need to prioritise him and Meaney in the spine and see where we stand. If Jake struggled maybe he might wanna play centre and our targets change
Meaney has to be given full faith in the fullback role.

Hes a natural fullback, and deserves his shot with his effort levels whilst gettin thrown onto the wing.

This im certain of.

At this stage, averillo @ centre is my choice.

And PUT REMIS BACK ON THE WING FFS.

He can be anything if he just stayed there. For the record he just doesnt have the footwork and ballplay a traditional centre has and you cant teach that.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney has to be given full faith in the fullback role.

Hes a natural fullback, and deserves his shot with his effort levels whilst gettin thrown onto the wing.

This im certain of.

At this stage, averillo @ centre is my choice.

And PUT REMIS BACK ON THE WING FFS.

He can be anything if he just stayed there. For the record he just doesnt have the footwork and ballplay a traditional centre has and you cant teach that.
Spot on

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait til we get John Bateman at over inflated price to the dogs so the board and Pay apologists can say I told you so....even though the spine is not being addressed...
Pay wants to build a team around forwards, does he even know what a spine is?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay wants to build a team around forwards, does he even know what a spine is?
Almost as if we just lost a kiwi international backrower, and his backup in Stimson. we signed dallin and Meaney in the last 18 months resigned wakeham and letting jmk develop, if we’re being totally honest we need just about every position

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Almost as if we just lost a kiwi international backrower, and his backup in Stimson. we signed dallin and Meaney in the last 18 months resigned wakeham and letting jmk develop, if we’re being totally honest we need just about every position
JMK could develop for the next 50 years and still be a shit hooker lol. Like you said we can pretty much recruit in almost every position, hopefully the club actually puts some thought into what we currently have and have coming through and bases it's decisions around that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
'They will drive me to my next club': Bateman lifts lid on contract saga with Raiders

At a meeting with John Bateman last month, Canberra Raiders boss Don Furnerjokingly volunteered to drive his superstar backrower to his next NRL club if he managed to land an offer he couldn't refuse.

That's the strength of the blessing the Englishman would leave with, as he explores the possibility of departing the nation's capital after securing written permission from the Raiders to test the market for 2021 and beyond.

Bateman wants to stay. He said as much when he asked for an upgrade and extension to his current $600,000 contract. But should a deal worth about $800,000 over the next four years present itself - whether it be from Canterbury, the Dragons or any other club - Bateman may have to take Furner up on his offer.

"People are saying 'oh, you’re being greedy'," Bateman told this column in a candid interview on Sunday.

"Tell me which person in day to day life wouldn’t think about leaving their job if they could get more money for potentially double the length of time? Of course you think about it. It doesn’t mean I want to leave, but you look into it. I’m sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping something does change at Canberra.

"When I’m 45 and struggling to stand up, or trying to put my daughter through university, no one is going to ring me and say 'you know that extra few hundred grand you were hoping to get? We’ve got it for you now'. She's my girl. That's who I wake up every day for. That's the reason I go to work, to give her the best life possible.

"I’ll stand by that, no matter what people call me. She’s my number one. I’ve travelled all the way to the other side of the world and miss her growing up, so I want to make sure my sacrifice is worth it."

Canberra have privately conceded this season is most likely Bateman's last at the Raiders. But Furner, who is under no obligation to release the 26-year-old, has no issue with the English international trying to seek more money.

"The average footballer has four years in the NRL, but you and me have 40 years in our careers," Furner said.

"I would never begrudge the bloke trying to get what he can. Rick [coach Ricky Stuart] loves the bloke, but the reality is it's going to be very very difficult to keep him. If we can keep him, we would, but our hands are tied with the roster we have and the emergence of so many of our players. I've told him if he can get a good deal that I would drive him there myself."

Bateman has a clause in his contract that allows him the chance to renegotiate each year. It doesn't allow him to talk to rival clubs, but every year he gets the chance to sit down with the Raiders and put forward his case.

That meeting was in February, five months after this columnist, working for NRL.com at the time, revealed Bateman had linked with the much-maligned Isaac Moses to begin looking into his future.

"I thought I had a pretty good year last year and Canberra said 'yeah, you went pretty well, but we don’t really have much for you in 2021'," Bateman said of his desire for an upgrade.

"In 2022 they didn’t have anything. If I extend, I want to extend four years. I want to stay here. This is where I want to be. I’ve got half of England here playing with me. It’s a home away from home. Canberra said they might be able to get me a deal for 2022 if I wait and see what happens, but to be honest with you I wanted the security in my job.

"Who says I’m going to have as good as a year I had last year in 2020 and 2021? Who says we don’t get to 2022 and they say 'right he’s no good anymore'. People don’t see that side of it."

Bateman was arguably one of the best five players in the NRL last season, winning the Dally M second-rower of the year award in his first season at the Raiders.

His manager has begun testing the waters at around $800,000 a year for four seasons.

"I asked Canberra if after we’ve spoken to other clubs, can I come back to them and show them what I’ve got," Bateman said.

"I spoke to Donny again last night, I told him I want to be in Canberra. That’s where I want to be. That’s my second family. I’ve never once asked for a release, neither has Isaac

"Isaac does what I tell him to do. I see Don more than Isaac will ever do. If I wanted to ask for a release, I could have done. I don’t want to leave. I want to extend. I’ve never once asked for a release. I told Isaac, "listen, don’t rush into anything because I’m not in any rush".

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...ntract-saga-with-raiders-20200524-p54vy5.html

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
'They will drive me to my next club': Bateman lifts lid on contract saga with Raiders

At a meeting with John Bateman last month, Canberra Raiders boss Don Furnerjokingly volunteered to drive his superstar backrower to his next NRL club if he managed to land an offer he couldn't refuse.

That's the strength of the blessing the Englishman would leave with, as he explores the possibility of departing the nation's capital after securing written permission from the Raiders to test the market for 2021 and beyond.

Bateman wants to stay. He said as much when he asked for an upgrade and extension to his current $600,000 contract. But should a deal worth about $800,000 over the next four years present itself - whether it be from Canterbury, the Dragons or any other club - Bateman may have to take Furner up on his offer.

"People are saying 'oh, you’re being greedy'," Bateman told this column in a candid interview on Sunday.

"Tell me which person in day to day life wouldn’t think about leaving their job if they could get more money for potentially double the length of time? Of course you think about it. It doesn’t mean I want to leave, but you look into it. I’m sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping something does change at Canberra.

"When I’m 45 and struggling to stand up, or trying to put my daughter through university, no one is going to ring me and say 'you know that extra few hundred grand you were hoping to get? We’ve got it for you now'. She's my girl. That's who I wake up every day for. That's the reason I go to work, to give her the best life possible.

"I’ll stand by that, no matter what people call me. She’s my number one. I’ve travelled all the way to the other side of the world and miss her growing up, so I want to make sure my sacrifice is worth it."

Canberra have privately conceded this season is most likely Bateman's last at the Raiders. But Furner, who is under no obligation to release the 26-year-old, has no issue with the English international trying to seek more money.

"The average footballer has four years in the NRL, but you and me have 40 years in our careers," Furner said.

"I would never begrudge the bloke trying to get what he can. Rick [coach Ricky Stuart] loves the bloke, but the reality is it's going to be very very difficult to keep him. If we can keep him, we would, but our hands are tied with the roster we have and the emergence of so many of our players. I've told him if he can get a good deal that I would drive him there myself."

Bateman has a clause in his contract that allows him the chance to renegotiate each year. It doesn't allow him to talk to rival clubs, but every year he gets the chance to sit down with the Raiders and put forward his case.

That meeting was in February, five months after this columnist, working for NRL.com at the time, revealed Bateman had linked with the much-maligned Isaac Moses to begin looking into his future.

"I thought I had a pretty good year last year and Canberra said 'yeah, you went pretty well, but we don’t really have much for you in 2021'," Bateman said of his desire for an upgrade.

"In 2022 they didn’t have anything. If I extend, I want to extend four years. I want to stay here. This is where I want to be. I’ve got half of England here playing with me. It’s a home away from home. Canberra said they might be able to get me a deal for 2022 if I wait and see what happens, but to be honest with you I wanted the security in my job.

"Who says I’m going to have as good as a year I had last year in 2020 and 2021? Who says we don’t get to 2022 and they say 'right he’s no good anymore'. People don’t see that side of it."

Bateman was arguably one of the best five players in the NRL last season, winning the Dally M second-rower of the year award in his first season at the Raiders.

His manager has begun testing the waters at around $800,000 a year for four seasons.

"I asked Canberra if after we’ve spoken to other clubs, can I come back to them and show them what I’ve got," Bateman said.

"I spoke to Donny again last night, I told him I want to be in Canberra. That’s where I want to be. That’s my second family. I’ve never once asked for a release, neither has Isaac

"Isaac does what I tell him to do. I see Don more than Isaac will ever do. If I wanted to ask for a release, I could have done. I don’t want to leave. I want to extend. I’ve never once asked for a release. I told Isaac, "listen, don’t rush into anything because I’m not in any rush".

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...ntract-saga-with-raiders-20200524-p54vy5.html
He leaving lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love the honesty of Bateman telling like it is.
I'd rather have a player not make up bullshit excuses about being homesick, wanting to get a fresh start etc when it's about nothing else but more money. At least Bateman admitted that.

We absolutely have to pounce and lock him up for four years in his prime.. This is the best way to use the cap space... By continually taking advantage of other clubs cap problems.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

That's it ! Said it yesterday money and his daughter will be the deciding factor... If our board get outbidded by the dragons I'll be pissed. We talk about bulldog DNA this fucker has it in spades.

Last edited: