SportingNews/Lurker Joe Stimson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stimson is actually a very good player I don’t know why the negativity? People weren’t exactly happy about CHN either and he’s been one of our best
Wouldn't call him very good, he's okay and that's just within the Storms system..CHN was only an issue because our backrow wasn't exactly lacking talent when compared to the rest of the squad

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the minority who think Stimson is actually quite solid. Obviously we need a hooker and outside backs more urgently though.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the club is targeting the positions. We need backs and a hooker.
How do you know we aren’t targeting those position? The players we want may just not be interested in signing with us?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a rumour. We’re being linked to every player right now.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are chasing one of Melbourne's finest young forwards for an immediate transfer.

Storm bench forward Joe Stimson is being lured by Dean Pay to Canterbury before June 30.

It will be interesting to see if the Storm release Stimson given Christian Welch is now gone for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...p-melbourne-storm/50i54sh1u4vq11tyfvjm7twkp/1

Just what we need, another slow edge forward or small middle forward.
Stoked....I think it moved, another dean pay signing of the clay priest kind.....we are so fucked

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if Stimson is half the price and allows us to sign a star? Chances are low we sign anybody decent with Pay at the helm though
Wouldnt you just sign that star and skip stimson in the process?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Is he the one with the weird upright (yes I know we all run upright) running style?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Concern I have is the overall picture.

When looking to recruit someone whether it be in league, sports in general, or the wider business world, that person needs to match your vision, values, and strategy.

At the present time I simply don't understand what our approach is to playing, our vision of how we want to be playing, what our values are as a club etc. etc. How can we sell our club to a new player when week in and week out we're playing inconsistent, bland football that literally has no structure and no vision?

OK, we're going to buy this player. Cool. But what are we basing this on? What are we as a team working towards?

I've been a BIG supporter of Pay but as the weeks roll I'm not closer to understanding what the fuck we're trying to be.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't call him very good, he's okay and that's just within the Storms system..CHN was only an issue because our backrow wasn't exactly lacking talent when compared to the rest of the squad
Exactly... dude isn't worth shit if Kenny Bromwich is starting over him

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Concern I have is the overall picture.

When looking to recruit someone whether it be in league, sports in general, or the wider business world, that person needs to match your vision, values, and strategy.

At the present time I simply don't understand what our approach is to playing, our vision of how we want to be playing, what our values are as a club etc. etc. How can we sell our club to a new player when week in and week out we're playing inconsistent, bland football that literally has no structure and no vision?

OK, we're going to buy this player. Cool. But what are we basing this on? What are we as a team working towards?

I've been a BIG supporter of Pay but as the weeks roll I'm not closer to understanding what the fuck we're trying to be.
I know what Pays recruitment strategy is. Cleanskin whiteboys from the bush... the more the better lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This goes back to my point as to why Pay has any say over signings right now? If he's a stop gap coach who is simply holding the job for someone else until we get serious cap space as some say, then why is he allowed to spend some of that cap space or let players go that another coach might have a use for?

Again, I think Stimson is solid but don't understand why we're replacing one second rower with another in a sideways move and why Pay has such a say over the make up of the squad when he'll be lucky to see out the year the way we're going.

We should be after Brandon Smith or Harry Grant instead as we desperately need a hooker.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is a recruitment commitee, these decisions wouldnot be soley on Pay .. this is the thing that concerns me the most.

No disprect to Stimson, but we are in deperate need of strike players.. we need players that can create something out of nothing

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been a supporter of this board. But if they allow this type of signing which is not much better than what we have then they've lost the plot. As someone else said I'd hate to see us in rebuild 2.0 in a few years.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever thought that it’s a money move? RFM maybe on more money and is obviously not living up to the contract as he’s always injured and Stimson would be close to minimum wage.

RFM is not a player to build around