Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the change of heart BTW. I'm sure I read you saying there's no use signing like for like players in another thread. What's changed your opinion on Stimson as opposed to re-signing one of our contract players.
Stimson is a good signing and will be the 2nd best backrower at our club. (Martin is on the outer)

Fualalo gets replaced by To'omaga

Tualau released.

8. Tolman
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson

14. Ogden
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Sue

Now if they go and sign Britt they are off their heads

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why the fuck would we get another back rower I have never even heard of this bloke who cares if he is from Melbourne it would have been good if they said we had signed Cameron Munster all josh ado acar

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any player that Bellamy is not keen to release is a player you need to sign.

We are not building for 2020 but for 2021 and beyond when the like's of Tolman will be gone and probably another three forwards so this is a great signing....that's if you know anything about player recruitment.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the fuck would we get another back rower I have never even heard of this bloke who cares if he is from Melbourne it would have been good if they said we had signed Cameron Munster all josh ado acar
Because Jacksons days are numbered on the edge and needs to be moved to lock.

RFM is not a backrower. He is a benchie going through the middle.

Cameron Munster and Josh hadacar are not off contract.

Do you have any further requests sir?

Reaction score
The writing is on the wall for Rhyse Martin..

We will have to sign a hooker, Lichaa is off contract and it does not make sense we continue with JMK at hooker for 2020 or 2021...

Sebastian Kris would be a good buy!!
Should raid england for a back

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, apparently we have little money to spend and we go spend it on a position we didn't need too? We need backline and hooker before anything else.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, apparently we have little money to spend and we go spend it on a position we didn't need too? We need backline and hooker before anything else.
Who do you propose?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why why why why why!!!!!
The word around is that Rhys Martin and Dean Pay keep butting heads. Therefore, Martin off contract and won't be re signed & Stimpson will take his spot. The recruitment drive is all about good value, young good players. Stimpson 23 & Martin 26.

RFM has one year left on contract to do something otherwise I'm guessing he's gone too. I think RFM might end up in the middle, he's big enough.

I also believe that they are leaving the cap as free as possible for the new incoming coach who will bring with him really good young players.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Stinson is a good player and i dont mind having him.... but... the position we are in, we need to focus on our weaknesses which are the backs and hooker, and we need a player that once he joins, it will entice others to follow.

We already have 500000 forwards on.our books plus Elliot who is Pays marquee forward..

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Liddle a couple of weeks ago, kid does look good.

And we need 2 strike centres, Hoppa needs to go.

You know who looked really good last wk, Canberras fill ins Simmonson and Sebastian Kris. I reckon they a future weekly starters in any team.
Liddle would be ideal but I've lost hope of him coming here. He's back in the Tigers 17 now and looks the likely successor to Robbie Farah next year.

With Robson apparently a done deal at Cowboys there isn't much else available. Maybe Karl Lawton?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Liddle would be ideal but I've lost hope of him coming here. He's back in the Tigers 17 now and looks the likely successor to Robbie Farah next year.

With Robson apparently a done deal at Cowboys there isn't much else available. Maybe Karl Lawton?
Lawton looks like he'll break down soonwr or later and probably become a bench utility. How about Roach from over the ditch? This is so depressing..

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough is enough with flicking players to other clubs at our expense.

Elliott needs to be flicked to reserve grade and left there.

Pay needs to be flicked back to the Nations capital.

Its brainless flicking any players now, when the majority of them are off contract next year, unless another club forks out the entire contracted amount for the said player.

We have 8 players off contract this year- Olive, Katoa, Harper, Brown, Lichaa, Martin, Fualalo and Tualau. Take your pick on who to flick and replace them with what we need and hopefully is available
I’ve tried to be realistic given our limited funds. Tell me if I’m dreaming. Feel free to list your signings...

Off contract

Olive - replace with Sosai Feki
Katoa- re-sign to Development contract
Harper - replace with Brenko Lee or Brad Parker
Brown - replace with Scott Drinkwater
Lichaa - replace with Jayden Brailey
Martin - re-sign
Fualalo - re-sign
Tualau - replaced with Joe Stimpson
Sadler - replace with Christian Welch

Dean Britt - sign him to development contract

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lawton looks like he'll break down soonwr or later and probably become a bench utility. How about Roach from over the ditch? This is so depressing..
Roache is another I'd die to have here but I can't see the Warriors letting him go. Similar situation to Liddle - I see him being the successor to Luke from 2020 onwards. Absolute gun

Options are thin, and we don't have the cash to raid a quality under-contract player. I think we missed a trick not signing up Mitch Rein last year. He would've been a great short term solution to get us through til the end of 2020.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not bad, but Not really excited about this, I mean we need key players and a Couple of key signings.. so meh from meh..!!!

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like this signing . Think the club has a bigger picture in there sights. Maybe????

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve tried to be realistic given our limited funds. Tell me if I’m dreaming. Feel free to list your signings...

Off contract

Olive - replace with Sosai Feki
Katoa- re-sign to Development contract
Harper - replace with Brenko Lee or Brad Parker
Brown - replace with Scott Drinkwater
Lichaa - replace with Jayden Brailey
Martin - re-sign
Fualalo - re-sign
Tualau - replaced with Joe Stimpson
Sadler - replace with Christian Welch

Dean Britt - sign him to development contract
Of those 8 players off-contract i would only re-sign Katoa.
Martin replaced by Stimson
Fualao replaced by Roumanos in top 30
Brown & Lichaa replaced by Jayden Brailey

Money leftover from Olive, Harper, Tualau i would use to chase a top line outside back.

Whatever else is missing to make up the top 29, promote whatever juniors we have.

They have to leave 1 spot available till June next year

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who do you propose?
I'm not discrediting the signing as he may turn out good for us. Unfortunately there isn't much on the market but contracts don't mean much now days.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watkins would have been a gun 3-4 years ago... he missed the bus the loser.
Had a bad run of injuries too.. at this point he's very similar to Hopoate just slightly more threatening in attack