Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM gone to Dragons immediate switch.

Although I wouldve preferred to trade Elliot, we all know it wasnt going to happen under Pay's watch.
BUT, it would free up a spot in our top 30 for a mid season signing......
RFM gone, wold make my day!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although Im not excited about the news of another back rower signing...

But with Mariner leaving and Martin too, it was a signing I think needed to be made...
He’s better then both and he’s also better then Elliot and Chris Smith.

Time will tell...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM gone, wold make my day!
Nah RFM is a gun he just needs time!! 4 years isn’t enough time!!

The bloke dropped his nuts as soon as he was back in 1st grade

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our club is so pathetic in recruitment
Look at Melbourne...
Belamey is very good only because he gets the important things right.
It's all about the spine...He keeps that in the best order and always has backups in lower grades.
And to a point...Everything else falls in place.
All it takes is A bloody good vision and sadly we have lost that :rage:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM is solid with the islander crew at the club. If he goes, we lose half the first grade team with him.

Martin I don't believe is leaving either.

Social media rubbish again.
If we loose half the current first grade team then that’s a good thing, cause they’re all fucken pathetic

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for the compliment, called me genius twice. And go easy on your blood pressure.

Good that you're happy with the signing. Would probably rather keep Martin, just my opinion.
Remember Francis tolaou,came from the storm with big wraps on him,what's he done?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember Francis tolaou,came from the storm with big wraps on him,what's he done?
Tualau hadn't even played a game for the Storm. Not saying this guy is any good because I honestly havnt watched him play, but he was good enough for Bellamy to play him in a GF.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at Melbourne...
It's all about the spine...He keeps that in the best order and always has backups in lower grades.

Who the hell do you expect to sign with a limited cap , rubbish coach in positions you have to pay premiums for ??

Snap out of it ..

Your comparing apples with grapes at the moment cause we have never had the calibre of players the storm have had for young player to learn from

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Started off great. One of the players us fans were bagging Hasler about for stuffing him around with dropping and lack of game time.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look at Melbourne...
Probably a poor comparison. Bellamy has been there for a bloody long time and had better players at his disposal. I'd like to see how long he would take to reconstruct our team. We also lost a bunch of our reserve grade after they won the state championship, which made it inevitable. So even our depth is poor this year. Not completely letting Pay off the hook, but hes got nothing to play with. I am curious why chn would ever be dropped. I also wonder if Pay would have dropped him for disaplinary reasons if we were just in the top 8 currently and needed to win to stay there (vs only a ridiculous run of wins would get us in the 8 from here).

Might it be an idea to swap Pay and our reserves coach next year? Pay could still be coaching at the club learning his trade, but our reserves coach has had more recent coaching success.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next sign a centre and winger to pair up with Smith and hoppa

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We would have a number of positions we would be looking to get players in for, but they may not all come along in the order we wish they would though. I doubt we will get them all in priority order. On the recruitment side of things, we need more time to determine if we are going in the right direction with that. How we do by this time next year will be more telling.

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Any stock from the Storm is a good signing imo...brings experience,talent and has played in a Grand final team! That says a lot more than Rhyse Martin

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who the hell do you expect to sign with a limited cap , rubbish coach in positions you have to pay premiums for ??

Snap out of it ..

Your comparing apples with grapes at the moment cause we have never had the calibre of players the storm have had for young player to learn from
How many apples and grapes do you think we have paid for him ?
Do you think he came for a minimum wage ?
Do you remember our moto...Bred not bought ?
Do you remember 2012, minor premiers in all grades then Hasler & Cleal got full control of us ?

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another second rower! We have 13 in a 30 man squad already. Perhaps Pay only knows about playing 2nd row. That must be it. Now I understand. I wonder who the next second row signing will be?