Opinion Joe Ofahengaue ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're pretty desperate for middles (more so than the f..king Eels). Tigers player of the year in 2022

EELS LINKED TO TIGER IN SHOCK MID-SEASON SWITCH

The Eels and the Cowboys have reportedly shown interest in Tigers forward Joe Ofahengaue, with Parramatta keen to sign the 27-year-old as soon as possible.

The Daily Telegraph’s Michael Carayannis reported that the Eels have made a play for the Tigers’ 2022 player of the year.

“Discussions have progressed this week but Ofahengaue is yet to decide if he wants to leave the Tigers early. Ofahengaue still has two years remaining on his current deal,” Carayannis said.

A former Queensland Origin representative, Ofahengaue has also attracted interest from the Cowboys.

Ofahengaue has had an up-and-down 2023 campaign. He was dropped to reserve grade earlier in the season but has since worked his way back into the Tigers NRL side, coming off the bench in the last four games.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A forward who can’t get a run at the tigers is exactly what we need
Unlike us the Tigers have too many middles but he was great for them last year. Would be better than playing Okunbor there but it would probably mean Patolo doesnt see FG barring more injuries

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s got the shits because Klemmer’s there and is the alpha. He can come over and be our alpha. That might wake TPJ the fuck up.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He is $600K next season and thus why you need to be desperate to grab him. He isn't playing like a 600K player.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Eels are very wary their premiership window is drawing to a close and so they are chasing success this year hard.

I think he goes to the Eels or sticks it out at Tigs.

Dogs def need more committed, no-nonsense forwards, I’m not sure Ofa is that guy, but we def need an injection of middles, exposed big time this year given the injury crisis.

Im almost positive we will see someone come in before the June trade deadline - who is the question.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Joining Eels on a 3 year deal effective immediately. He’s extremely average. His stats were good last year because he touched the ball about 100 times a game

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I think he could find some form and be a decent forward we need far better. We really need that alpha forward.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
More to the point, who are we getting from the eels? They are filling their roster and we are empty?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we never able to pull off ANY mid season signings? Desperate for middles and we come up with the shit sandwich again. Sick of this bullshit.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't rate him more than anyone we already have.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why are we never able to pull off ANY mid season signings? Desperate for middles and we come up with the shit sandwich again. Sick of this bullshit.
I have faith in Gus. Will see.

Our recruitment last few seasons of landing quality has been pretty good. Burton, fox, kikau, Mahoney? All quality.

Critta and xerri signed.

Spotted or lucked out with kiraz, king, Preston.

I have faith Gus and CC are aware our pack is needing some big additions but also aware our two highest paid forwards kikau and Thompson are missing and basically have played 2 games between them.

I just hope we are going for a real quality forward and maybe hunt to help be that Maloney role for us with burton and KO.

I’d rather that than 3-4 joes.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have faith in Gus. Will see.

Our recruitment last few seasons of landing quality has been pretty good. Burton, fox, kikau, Mahoney? All quality.

Critta and xerri signed.

Spotted or lucked out with kiraz, king, Preston.

I have faith Gus and CC are aware our pack is needing some big additions but also aware our two highest paid forwards kikau and Thompson are missing and basically have played 2 games between them.

I just hope we are going for a real quality forward and maybe hunt to help be that Maloney role for us with burton and KO.

I’d rather that than 3-4 joes.
Quality long term recruitment is vital but you can't just keep writing off season after season. The club is in crisis with injury so sign players to fill the void NOW. Other clubs seem to manage this but not this shitfight of a place. The fans deserve better than having every season written off by round 10 year after year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Quality long term recruitment is vital but you can't just keep writing off season after season. The club is in crisis with injury so sign players to fill the void NOW. Other clubs seem to manage this but not this shitfight of a place. The fans deserve better than having every season written off by round 10 year after year.
Agree but I’d also prefer to land a alpha we need than seasons of Joe o

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time I've heard his name all year. Yeh must be killing it at Tigers. Good signing Parra pfftt!!!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Shows how desperate the forwards situation is. 3 year deal for Joe O is huge and probably on good money. He was terrible in 21, was good last year, but is too similar to Twal and so hasn't really got a run this year. Just shows there really are no forwards out there... Parra willing to sign him for 3 years for overs seems crazy when they have Jr and RCG, and hopgood so signed to play bench/back up. Also means RCG is probably out for a long time. Shows they know if someone goes down there is just nothing coming through. IMO not the player we need not enough of an upgrade on Edwards, Morrin etc. Also what is the go with Nathan Brown still hasn't played a game for the rorters.