Opinion Joe Ofahengaue

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure why this suggestion has been hammered down? He’s short priced favourite to win the Tigers player of the year. Not saying that’s a massive achievement given their roster but he’s been very good for them. Still only 26, certainly wouldn’t say no to a 2-3 year deal if the price is right.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Becomes available for 2023 if the mutual option falls through otherwise we can sign him for 2024 he has been an "unsung hero" at the tigers this is exactly the player we need, gets through many tackles and most makes the most metres in the tigers forward pack every week. Imagine him with reed giving him good service from dummy half.

Thoughts?
You are kidding aren’t you!

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No to anymore of these signing suggestions. The next contract we need confirmed is Burton’s long term extension. I'm sure Gus is working on it but we don't want him hitting the open market
Burton isn’t a front rower. We need a prop to replace Paul Vaughan

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton isn’t a front rower. We need a prop to replace Paul Vaughan
That doesn’t matter if we can’t afford to re-sign Burton. The best scenario would be to give hik a long term deal including an upgrade for next year

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ofahengaui is a classic case of a player who tries and impresses dumb coaches with his "effort" but shouldn't be anywhere near first grade.

He is useless personified.

I often make the comment that any team with him in it, is a losing team. Was the case at Broncos, is the case at Tigers and will be in any team he plays in. I was mortified when QLD picked him. Nearly rescinded my support for them.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is his dad still playing. I’d take him

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Everyone is saying he’s shit and yes he has had some very poor form recently, but this year he’s been one of the best forwards in the comp. It’s just not debatable.
Have had him in my SuperCoach team from when Kimmorly took over Tigers, and he just performs to such a high standard week jn week out. So different even to just the start of the year.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesn’t matter if we can’t afford to re-sign Burton. The best scenario would be to give hik a long term deal including an upgrade for next year
Not disagreeing that we need to upgrade Burton, but you don’t think we need to replace Vaughan? We have a top 30 squad to fill remember ?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not disagreeing that we need to upgrade Burton, but you don’t think we need to replace Vaughan? We have a top 30 squad to fill remember ?
Whether you like the signing or not we have Sutton coming. We’ve already been through this for the last decade. We need quality spine players if we are any chance of winning the comp.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether you like the signing or not we have Sutton coming. We’ve already been through this for the last decade. We need quality spine players if we are any chance of winning the comp.
Yep 100% need to focus on the spine. We are still short a 1 and 7 and a back up 9. Spine is still a major concern.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep 100% need to focus on the spine. We are still short a 1 and 7 and a back up 9. Spine is still a major concern.
You don't think we should work with avo?
I think he has enough quality that you can work with and coach into being a quality nrl standard fullback
Especially after this season, then add some pre season training.
I remember Ben Barba started slow to nail the position

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think we should work with avo?
I think he has enough quality that you can work with and coach into being a quality nrl standard fullback
Especially after this season, then add some pre season training.
I remember Ben Barba started slow to nail the position
Yea I don’t mind Avo. He just feels like a another gamble… will he improve with an off-season at the back or not … who knows really. The Ben Barba transformation was exceptional but you don’t see that every year. If had to choose between a new 1 or 7 thou I would go the experienced 7 option. Burto needs more support with game management, kicking etc

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
If you want a forward to just make hit ups then he could be a solid player who gets you 90m to 120m a game. A team needs 2 to 3 straight hard running forwards in the middle to be successful. If it is the right price then sign him.