Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Joe Ofahengaue

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck no. Don’t sign shit because there’s nothing better “available”. Fucking go after some quality you useless *****. Fucking waddle, ofahengaue? Do you want another 5 years of bottom feeding?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuck no. Don’t sign shit because there’s nothing better “available”. Fucking go after some quality you useless c***. Fucking waddle, ofahengaue? Do you want another 5 years of bottom feeding?
It's almost 2021. If we wanted to sign the best case scenarios we would of been in the transfer market last November (maybe we'll learn for 2022). This is unfortunately what happens and it's out of our hands. It's now a sellers market, not buyers. Not sure how people didn't know this was a possibility last November and the longer we didn't sign anyone the more worrying something like this would become. To be fair the club blew a shiz tone of money on one prop already. Too bad it doesn't look like it was the right one. I can't wait to see who we sign at hooker, if anyone.

Malla

Reaction score
I hope the people dissing Ofahengaue as an option also don't rate Thompson very highly either (Ofahengaue would be on half the amount). Unless you're worried about discipline and handling errors Ofagenhaue is a better prop/lock than Thompson in the attacking areas/stats. That's going off a big sample size from Ofahengaue and a small sample size from Thompson (if you're making an argument for Thompson it's off hope). Sorry to say it. I'd much prefer Welch but after that from what's "available" we're not going to get much better, if better, than Ofahengaue this transfer window.
This is why it would be a good signing.

He is a quality front rower, even tho this year has been sub-par, but with Broncos footing some of his salary it would be a low cost/high return investment imo. Why the fuck not? We can't get any worse lol.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bradyk this is why I was saying it all off season and again early this year. Where is all the flogs who said oh it’s early who Else has signed where for 2021?

Fucking Muppets. As bad as the muppets running the club. That said knights got
Klemmer contracted. Raiders got scott... eels got rcg Etc etc. what do we do? Sign the flops left no one wants?

Awesome work. Great initiative. Deserve the spoon and again and again and again

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bradyk this is why I was saying it all off season and again early this year. Where is all the flogs who said oh it’s early who Else has signed where for 2021?

Fucking Muppets. As bad as the muppets running the club. That said knights got
Klemmer contracted. Raiders got scott... eels got rcg Etc etc. what do we do? Sign the flops left no one wants?

Awesome work. Great initiative. Deserve the spoon and again and again and again
We signed a current international, a current origin player and a great major sponsor. Try to be a little positive in life. Signings are coming, probably not what you want to hear though as that’s not negative or something you can cry about

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Shouldn’t you be gone with pay? Free rides over. Scram.

Point completely stands despite your attempted deflection!

Muppets saying who had signed where when we where calling for it last year and earlier this year...

Now look.... same shit fight and same drama. Oh with a spoon added to our cabinet! Well done! Successful admin!

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He is a good former origin player, but I think he plays his best footy on an edge and we have more than enough of those. Would much rather Asiata from the cows as he is either off contract or seems to be available if you believe the papers, a ball playing lock is a must and he could even fill in at 5/8 if Lewis is having a stinker. I can see him being a good get for the tigers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is a good former origin player, but I think he plays his best footy on an edge and we have more than enough of those. Would much rather Asiata from the cows as he is either off contract or seems to be available if you believe the papers, a ball playing lock is a must and he could even fill in at 5/8 if Lewis is having a stinker. I can see him being a good get for the tigers.
More than enough? We don't have a single good edge forward right now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
RFM has been great on an edge and Doorey has looked good too. If Waddell is signed he'd play on an edge plus hopefully Topine can be in the mix.
RFM is not good enough to play their fulltime, Doorey looks okay but obviously still young and is yet to put in a solid 80 minutes, Waddel lol. We don't have a quality edge forward we can rely on right now and Elliott is probably our best option their in this moment.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM has been great on an edge and Doorey has looked good too. If Waddell is signed he'd play on an edge plus hopefully Topine can be in the mix.
RFM is just a battering ram. Needs to play in the middle. Can count on my hand the amount of times he has passed the ball. If you want a battering ram edge rower, yo u need skillful halves. He was great through the middle

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We signed a current international, a current origin player and a great major sponsor. Try to be a little positive in life. Signings are coming, probably not what you want to hear though as that’s not negative or something you can cry about
To be fair an origin winger and current winger to play centre and an English International from ESL who every above average rookie is outplaying at (the moment)
Again, a major sponsor is absolutely nothing. Just puts us on par with the other fifteen teams who all have a major sponsorship. In three years along with a spoon, continual bad press and some atrocious retention it’s hardly a glowing report card. Surely you can admit the current administration is a farce. We are dead last so in theory the local bum on the street with a few moronic yes men could do as good a job. There is no argument here, they’re fucken pathetic. Senile old morons.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair an origin winger and current winger to play centre and an English International from ESL who every above average rookie is outplaying at (the moment)
Again, a major sponsor is absolutely nothing. Just puts us on par with the other fifteen teams who all have a major sponsorship. In three years along with a spoon, continual bad press and some atrocious retention it’s hardly a glowing report card. Surely you can admit the current administration is a farce. We are dead last so in theory the local bum on the street with a few moronic yes men could do as good a job. There is no argument here, they’re fucken pathetic. Senile old morons.
Try and be a bit positive

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM is just a battering ram. Needs to play in the middle. Can count on my hand the amount of times he has passed the ball. If you want a battering ram edge rower, yo u need skillful halves. He was great through the middle
Agreed. RFM has probably been our best player all season who scored a couple of good tries and made a lot of good runs. I just can’t recall him setting up a try or putting the centre away from his half breaks.

Probably worried about making an error and being dropped.
If he can add that to his game he’ll be a better player

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem I see with RFM and Jackson is their speed and lateral movement. This is easily noticed in defence. Another problem for Jackson is he doesn't create anything. RFM also doesn't create for others, at least he's a handful individually. We have the option to play Elliott and Doorey (or someone else) in the second row and Jackson at lock with RFM coming off the bench and playing in the middle, either lock roation or prop. With Jackson at lock over Elliott we lose a lot in attack. RFM could also find himself on an edge at some point of the game so he's getting more minutes. RFM has been one of our best players this year so it wouldn't be fair to give him a low minute role.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem I see with RFM and Jackson is their speed and lateral movement. This is easily noticed in defence. Another problem for Jackson is he doesn't create anything. RFM also doesn't create for others, at least he's a handful individually. We have the option to play Elliott and Doorey (or someone else) in the second row and Jackson at lock with RFM coming off the bench and playing in the middle, either lock roation or prop. With Jackson at lock over Elliott we lose a lot in attack. RFM could also find himself on an edge at some point of the game so he's getting more minutes. RFM has been one of our best players this year so it wouldn't be fair to give him a low minute role.
In all honesty though someone mentioned Elliot to the edge a while back and the more I think about it the better it is. If he goes to the edge it simplifies his role and he has lateral movement over RFM and Jacko (Jacko having a very bad year defensively) Elliot can concentrate on the edge which may remove the brain explosions he has in the middle trying to create. On an edge - use his speed and foot work and nice short passing game to set up his centre. So in fact if that were the case we would actually gain something on the edge we don’t currently have. RFM would be a good lock cause he makes metres through the middle and can offload if need be. Just my opinion.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RFM is not good enough to play their fulltime, Doorey looks okay but obviously still young and is yet to put in a solid 80 minutes, Waddel lol. We don't have a quality edge forward we can rely on right now and Elliott is probably our best option their in this moment.
Obviously ideally we'd upgrade every position in the squad and have more quality on the edges but considering how they've managed the cap and how many forwards we have under contract, I can't see how they can recruit any more forwards. They'll just have to make do with what they have short term and need to prioritise a hooker, fullback and halves first.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Obviously ideally we'd upgrade every position in the squad and have more quality on the edges but considering how they've managed the cap and how many forwards we have under contract, I can't see how they can recruit any more forwards. They'll just have to make do with what they have short term and need to prioritise a hooker, fullback and halves first.
You'd think that but then you hear we've reportedly signed Waddell. Unless it's a top second rower (e.g. someone like Bateman) it's just more of what we already have unfortunately. I actually refuse to believe we've signed him until it's official, that's how against it I am.