Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Joe Ofahengaue

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been putrid this year. His defensive efforts particularly on the tryline have been abysmal.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last year he always seemed to come on in the second half and seemed to do pretty well. Maybe our brainiacs have figured we need some second half players

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on our current Mgt team we'll be paying overs if NOT we'll be increasing his current contract that he has with the Broncos LOL ... but seriously I hope IF we do sign him, Barrett gets the Broncos to chip in at least 25 - 50% of his current contract otherwise I would rather chase someone else .. but if we do get a good deal for him then fingers crossed Barrett and his new coaching staff get the best out of Ofahengaue that led this guy to QLD selection a few years ago because back then he wasn't a bad player! ... UP the BULLDOGS !!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Based on our current Mgt team we'll be paying overs if NOT we'll be increasing his current contract that he has with the Broncos LOL ... but seriously I hope IF we do sign him, Barrett gets the Broncos to chip in at least 25 - 50% of his current contract otherwise I would rather chase someone else .. but if we do get a good deal for him then fingers crossed Barrett and his new coaching staff get the best out of Ofahengaue that led this guy to QLD selection a few years ago because back then he wasn't a bad player! ... UP the BULLDOGS !!!!
Bleh trust me dude we'll be paying overs for a few players, doubt Barrett will change that anytime soon with the current mob having their in house fight club!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His current deal is around 500k per year. I wouldn't want us paying more than 300k tops for him.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully we look something like this...

8 Thompson
9 B Smith
10 Joe Ofa
11 Elliott
12 RFM
13 Jackson

14 JMK
15 Ogden
16 To'omaga
17 Doorey

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any chance of getting Vaughan or Lawrie over if the Dragons go with Ofa and Kerr.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will end up at the dragqueens id say. Thats going off media reports. No one really links us to him
They were also linked with Welch, not sure what happened with that. You'd think one or the other, or neither.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Any chance of getting Vaughan or Lawrie over if the Dragons go with Ofa and Kerr.
Vaughan's still a starting prop there?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope the people dissing Ofahengaue as an option also don't rate Thompson very highly either (Ofahengaue would be on half the amount). Unless you're worried about discipline and handling errors Ofagenhaue is a better prop/lock than Thompson in the attacking areas/stats. That's going off a big sample size from Ofahengaue and a small sample size from Thompson (if you're making an argument for Thompson it's off hope). Sorry to say it. I'd much prefer Welch but after that from what's "available" we're not going to get much better, if better, than Ofahengaue this transfer window.