Jock Madden

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the club takes a serious look at this guy for a number 7. Looks a genuine No 7. Watch the highlights video. He has a running game, passing game and kicking game.

21yo. Former Aust schoolboys captain. F..k Manly !

TIGERS RISK LOSING RISING STAR

The Tigers are slowly revamping their roster under newly appointed head of football Tim Sheens, but they could be set to lose a rising star.

Former Australian Schoolboys captain Jock Madden played some minutes in the trial against the Roosters, but the halfback is stuck behind Luke Brooks, Jackson Hastings and Tyrone Peachey.

Madden, 21, would reportedly entertain moving clubs on the promise of more game time.

Wests Tigers youngster Jock Madden. Picture: Supplied by Wests Tigers
Wests Tigers youngster Jock Madden. Picture: Supplied by Wests TigersSource: Supplied

The 21-year-old made three NRL appearances last year - including his debut - and the Sea Eagles are reportedly interested in his services.

Manly have little playmaking depth behind veterans Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran and could look to bring Madden across for next season.

While there has been plenty of speculation around Brooks’ future, Tigers coach Michael Maguire shot that down earlier last month.

“I might leave it at that… and let him do the talking,” Maguire said when asked about the reports Brooks had been having his best-ever pre-season.

“Everyone has an opinion around that space, but I’m really pleased with where he’s at and it’s about doing it on the field now so lets him do the talking.”

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers fans didn’t rate him last season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything from him in the NRL to want to sign him. I guess only 3 games. It's worrying he couldn't have a proper crack considering where the Tigers halves have been over the last couple of years. IF we're signing a halfback they need to be established and experienced imo.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep he could also be Flannagan 2.0 lol
Surely we have a good 7 amongst our lot for later this year and next season, hopefully!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Played pretty well tonight
We need experienced, premiership level guns, to turn this around. We should only be signing players that are a 99% chance of making a difference.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There needs to be a perma ban on all threads that are created after one player does something every week. Its ridiculous. Everytime someone new does something. Thread is made to sign them. Seriously, moderators i can program some AI to detect that shit if you want me to lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope he only looked good as our lazy ass forwards gave him way too much time and space.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether Madden is the answer or not we need to find a Decent halfback and fullback from somewhere ...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There needs to be a perma ban on all threads that are created after one player does something every week. Its ridiculous. Everytime someone new does something. Thread is made to sign them. Seriously, moderators i can program some AI to detect that shit if you want me to lol.
The thread was made in March. Lol