Job Interview Advice

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well the email came through guys. I need to do the assessment in 3 parts.

45 mins
20 mins
45 mins.

Seriously that's 2 hours of my day :(

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the email came through guys. I need to do the assessment in 3 parts.

45 mins
20 mins
45 mins.

Seriously that's 2 hours of my day :(
I had a similar interview a while back. I thought, "Great, this is going to take at least 2 hours". Turns out there was a 2-3 hour break between each assessment and they didn't know how long the break would be so I could only sit there quietly waiting. Arrived for the interview at 8am, had the final assessment at 5pm by which time I didn't even want the job anymore.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I had a similar interview a while back. I thought, "Great, this is going to take at least 2 hours". Turns out there was a 2-3 hour break between each assessment and they didn't know how long the break would be so I could only sit there quietly waiting. Arrived for the interview at 8am, had the final assessment at 5pm by which time I didn't even want the job anymore.
To be honest something like that would turn me off because it reflects poorly on the company, but this is all online assessments so we do them at our own pace.

I can't do them at work because it requires admin rights to install the latest flash :tonguewink: I sent the HR person an email asking them if there's a time limit otherwise I'll do it tonight at home.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest something like that would turn me off because it reflects poorly on the company, but this is all online assessments so we do them at our own pace.

I can't do them at work because it requires admin rights to install the latest flash :tonguewink: I sent the HR person an email asking them if there's a time limit otherwise I'll do it tonight at home.
The recruitment company is still using flash?

I don't know if I could deal with a company with such a horrible security policy. Flash is so broken and easily hack-able that the company admitted it and stated that it's unfix-able.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The recruitment company is still using flash?

I don't know if I could deal with a company with such a horrible security policy. Flash is so broken and easily hack-able that the company admitted it and stated that it's unfix-able.
It's one of those assessments that has videos with it. I honestly cbf for this thing anymore. All this trouble for a half-assed application that I submitted on the last day applications were open that I nearly forget about all for a job I'm probably not going to get anyway.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's the best train of thought...

Applications like that are deliberately lengthy, drawn out, and irritating, just for the sake of their HR ticking some boxes.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well that was a waste of time. Stupid questions too. So the second half was a multiple choice of sorts. It had 3 statements. You had to pick one you strongly agree with, and one you strongly disagree with, and leave one blank. THERE WERE ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR OF THE FUDGKING QUESTIONS TO ANSWER FOR FARK SAKE!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well that was a waste of time. Stupid questions too. So the second half was a multiple choice of sorts. It had 3 statements. You had to pick one you strongly agree with, and one you strongly disagree with, and leave one blank. THERE WERE ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR OF THE FUDGKING QUESTIONS TO ANSWER FOR FARK SAKE!!!
LMFAO ... it's a psychometric test, to figure out what attributes you display as a worker and if they are conducive to the role they have open.

Wahesh

Reaction score
LMFAO ... it's a psychometric test, to figure out what attributes you display as a worker and if they are conducive to the role they have open.
A big waste of time too. There were some would corner you, I'll give them that. It's hard to pick a good answer because you want to seem like a hard worker but also out going and sociable - which kind of makes it hard to be consistent. It was a CEB/SHL test.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, they're just figuring out how much of a liar he is:

"Do you enjoy your job?"

"Yes"

"Bullshit"

Wahesh

Reaction score
There was one answer I recall "I like to keep busy" <-- FMD... talk about a tough one. Do they mean "look" busy, or actually "be" busy.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A big waste of time too. There were some would corner you, I'll give them that. It's hard to pick a good answer because you want to seem like a hard worker but also out going and sociable - which kind of makes it hard to be consistent. It was a CEB/SHL test.
Lol fuck me what shit do they go on with in the office world, fuck we just get a run of a day or 2 maybe a week to see if we are any good .no quiz no test just hands on . I don't think id last an hour in an office, it may not reflect on here much. but and i know it may come as a shock but ive been known to swear a bit.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol fuck me what shit do they go on with in the office world, fuck we just get a run of a day or 2 maybe a week to see if we are any good .no quiz no test just hands on . I don't think id last an hour in an office, it may not reflect on here much. but and i know it may come as a shock but ive been known to swear a bit.
Bullshit... you swear a bit?