Job Interview Advice

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you're looking elsewhere your probably not entirely happy at your current job.
Be honest with your boss " look mate your a bit of a **** so im looking for greener pastures and someone less cunty .if you want to tone your cuntness down and slip me a few extra bills on pay day then ill fuck this other interview off. If you don't you just proved me right ......**** "
Post of the thread!

Needs more ***** tbh

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My CV is currently stretched out to 5 pages. That's because of all those stupid contract jobs I've done over the years. Luckily most jobs I apply for ask for a current cv "no more than 5 pages" so I just make the cut.
2 pages bro. ***** don't wanna read more than 2 pages.

Just list your best jobs and add at the end more details can be supplied if need be. I dont list references, i provide them at the initial interview.

Not to brag but I've got every job I have applied for.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best of luck Habibeh whatever happens.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
^^ Yeah good luck mate hope you smash it..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
2 pages bro. ***** don't wanna read more than 2 pages.

Just list your best jobs and add at the end more details can be supplied if need be. I dont list references, i provide them at the initial interview.

Not to brag but I've got every job I have applied for.
So what I do is list my employment history down the first couple of pages (nuffy jobs and early career jobs are not on it anymore), then the last few pages are more about selling my self and detailing my skills. The website I apply on has a separate section for referees so the job advertiser can go in at anytime and retrieve them. Usually though they'll only access them after an interview.

I had good luck at interviews once, I would get every one I applied for, but last year I stuffed up big time in one - I just couldn't get the words out. I'm not too fussed about it though because I wouldn't have the job I'm in now which pays more.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You may find they take you on in a perma role.

Just be honest. Explain that you need job security and would like to be reviewed for a perma role.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks boys. I'm starting to reconsider and thinking of just being honest with my employers because they're good people and a fun team. Who knows, we'll see what happens.
I've been honest too just in case it backfires.

Believe me if You are worth anything to them or they recognise your work they will bump you up or even give you a raise.

Be confident my bro, not arrogant, but confident. Know your self and get what you're worth.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
"When we are honest, there is nothing to hide, and nothing to hide behind".
- No fucking idea, maybe I just made it up.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well the situation has taken a weird sort of turn guys. In the email, they said to me that I will be getting an online assessment to do. Guess where that email was supposed to be coming from? A recruitment centre in Melbourne. Yesterday, Melbourne was shutdown at 3:00pm due to the storms. I'm supposed to complete this task by CoB Monday. Now I have no chance of doing it as today and tomorrow they're obviously closed, and Monday I got work - and that's provided they actually send it to me on Monday morning :(

I emailed the HR recruiter for this job and told her of this though... but come on... the timing could not have been worse.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well the situation has taken a weird sort of turn guys. In the email, they said to me that I will be getting an online assessment to do. Guess where that email was supposed to be coming from? A recruitment centre in Melbourne. Yesterday, Melbourne was shutdown at 3:00pm due to the storms. I'm supposed to complete this task by CoB Monday. Now I have no chance of doing it as today and tomorrow they're obviously closed, and Monday I got work - and that's provided they actually send it to me on Monday morning :(

I emailed the HR recruiter for this job and told her of this though... but come on... the timing could not have been worse.
It's life telling you it's not to be.

Honestly I'm a massive believer that everything happens for a reason... and this one wasn't to be.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been honest too just in case it backfires.

Believe me if You are worth anything to them or they recognise your work they will bump you up or even give you a raise.

Be confident my bro, not arrogant, but confident. Know your self and get what you're worth.
This is so true! One thing employers hate is losing good employees, the hassle of rehiring and hoping the next person has the right attributes makes them nervous! Honesty is the best policy, especially in your situation as a contractor, your always going to be looking for job security, and most employers will understand this!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am always honest with the new employer
You usually find they are accomodating if you have a current employer and won't mind if you are under dressed or after your work hours

They have short listed you cause they think highly of you
They won't miss an opportunity for the right person over dress or time frame

Not in my experience anyway

Wahesh

Reaction score
This is so true! One thing employers hate is losing good employees, the hassle of rehiring and hoping the next person has the right attributes makes them nervous! Honesty is the best policy, especially in your situation as a contractor, your always going to be looking for job security, and most employers will understand this!
I hope so mate, I really hope they can make something happen in order to keep me on.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Honestly I'm a massive believer that everything happens for a reason... and this one wasn't to be.
Mate the stars are all aligning for this one. The reason I emailed the HR lady was because, well... I rang her, it went to voicemail, and she advised that she works part time. I'm getting cut off from all angles possible here lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be honest about your situation. If you enjoy the job you are working and like the people there but want stability let management know that your preference is to continue there. But also tell them that working on temporary contracts is stressful and that you need to apply for permanent jobs if this isn't going to become permanent. Ask them if they can arrange to check and see how well you've filled the job and how you fit in with the staff there and if possible re-assess whether you are worth putting on full time. It may not happen but it won't hurt to ask and if they're reasonable it shouldn't jeapardise your current contract.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
do the opposite of what you would normally do

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Bigger and better thing habibeh!