Official Jnr Paulo extended till 2026

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Parramatta Eels are happy to announce that we have re-signed front-row forward Junior Paulo on a four-year contract extension until the end of the 2026 season.

Making his NSW Origin debut in 2020, Junior has made his mark as one of the NRL’s best front rowers.

Mark O’Neill, Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football said, “Junior is not just a skilful front rower, he is an asset to the Club both on and off the field. His selection into the NSW Origin team is a testament to his ability and the hard work he puts into his game.”

As a Parramatta Eels junior, he made his NRL debut for the Parramatta Eels in 2013 and is now approaching 200 NRL games.

A popular player amongst teammates, staff and fans, Junior also dedicates his time helping to inspire the next generation through his role as the Club’s ambassador for PCYC.

The Club is delighted that Junior, Mele and their children will continue to be part of our Blue and Gold family.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is good that it is settled - the noise reduction will be welcome.

In 23 we can field a pack that includes TPJ, Thompson and Kikau and possible Vaughan.

When you add a gun hooker in Mahoney, the experience Jackson and young bucks like Patolo and possibly Turahui we have a top 4 set of forwards

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Would’ve been nice to have him but it is what it is.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would of been nice to have him but I'm glad we're not paying top dollar for a forward his age, while also paying freight for Thompson at another club.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends
I think Paulo is one of the best props in the game based on last years form.
However he will probably only keep this up for another 2 years max.
To sign him until 2026 in huge coin is pretty fucking stupid
Definitely 1 of the best props but given his asking price and how much cap we have used on forwards already. I don't think it would have been good for the balance of the team

Malla

Reaction score
Definitely 1 of the best props but given his asking price and how much cap we have used on forwards already. I don't think it would have been good for the balance of the team
No way, only have to look at players that parra have lost this season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He thanks all the other club who showed interest for helping him get eels to pay what he wanted. Also I think there would have been riots at Parramatta if they had also let him go

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think Thommo with TPJ and Vaughn and RFM gives us enough diversity.