JMK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Him getting up after getting smashed was old school and I likey!
How good was it. Comes with having Benji as your older bro, the kid would be used to it. Man I hope Pay sticks with him for the rest of the year, he's going to have some shocking games but we should persist with him all year. Shown more in 80 mins than Frawley did all year last season.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our forwards do need to aim up a bit. We always had forwards who were feared, especially in defence. Maybe Pay is working them up into the Dogs of War, but we are conceding some easy metres at present.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How good was it. Comes with having Benji as your older bro, the kid would be used to it. Man I hope Pay sticks with him for the rest of the year, he's going to have some shocking games but we should persist with him all year. Shown more in 80 mins than Frawley did all year last season.
Play him as long as he deserves it, every position should be played that way. Love how he didn't over play his hand. That grubber to waste time towards the end.....very good sign. Cool head.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Our forwards do need to aim up a bit. We always had forwards who were feared, especially in defence. Maybe Pay is working them up into the Dogs of War, but we are conceding some easy metres at present.
Today was the first time they have, hopefully they like the taste.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I saw a player debut for us with so much calm and composure.

Seemed very comfortable out there just doing what was asked. Has a beautiful show and go, and it almost worked tonight.

Like Mbye he'll only get better in that position..

We might have found our answer to the halves problem.

I think Cleeland is injured
Back this weekend. Scans showed the ankle wasn't as bad as first thought.

Reactions: DT

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see him get a bit more responsibility as the weeks go by coz he has some really good skills with the ball and i feel foran will need a bit of pressure taken off him at some stage

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to see him get a bit more responsibility as the weeks go by coz he has some really good skills with the ball and i feel foran will need a bit of pressure taken off him at some stage
Yeh agreed
Needs to back himself and his skill set more to ease pressure off foz
I guess that will come with time and confidence whilst in fg
He smashed both yeo and fisher Harris twice in 2 sets by himself
His tackling in the second half was first rate
I liked when nu brown came on too
Needs more game time

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh agreed
Needs to back himself and his skill set more to ease pressure off foz
I guess that will come with time and confidence whilst in fg
He smashed both yeo and fisher Harris twice in 2 sets by himself
His tackling in the second half was first rate
I liked when nu brown came on too
Needs more game time

My sentiments too. A lot to like about him and only time will tell if he can consistently perform in the top grade. About time that something went our way with new recruits and all three of the main ones did okay tonight.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Him getting up after getting smashed was old school and I likey!
Yeah mate that was good to see him do instead of laying there like some do. Call that having some heart.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't comment earlier as I haven't seen that much of him.
Good game tonight.
Very promising, he will certainly get another chance next week.

Reactions: DT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love this kid. Tough. Does everything with simplicity and class. Puts his body on the line n is good defensively.
Him n Foz are perfect together.
I know, hence why I said maybe he can take Frawleys spot or lichaas, I guess i got it right so far in saying I saw something special!!
JMK has the spark we need an is great beside Foran..does all the small things right an never overplays his hand.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played well without being great and showed toughness,a characteristic that's a must in the modern game.The kid needs to hang back a little deeper on the 5th in order to give us another kicking option or someone else needs to step up.Our kicking was too predictable and Foran will not last if he keeps getting belted like that.It's a long season.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley has 2 tries and 3 or 4 assists in two losing games and you feel sorry for foran?
As per usual there so many people bagging the wrong players and making them scapegoats for our shit form.
Our problem lies in our forwards. We have the australian front row and they are being dominated. Throw in jackson who is totally out of form, and a bench thats not offering a lot.
If klemmer could run like a crazed fucking dog instead of a cat, and jackson didnt miss crucial mistakes, and we change up our bench or at least name players we intend to use then we will do better.
But frawley is not the problem. Your smarter then this klil. At least i hope so!
Don't leave woods out that **** is on holiday at the dogs. He got out played by tolman tonight fmd

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad to see some positivity about a player. It's been missing for the most part this year after two losses. I honestly think people came into this season with higher expectations than they admit to.

JMK had a decent game. Nothing outstanding in my opinion, but he looks very composed given the amount of experience he has. I will see how he goes over the next few weeks before I start getting overly excited about him. But the early signs are that he can handle the physicality without getting his feathers ruffled. I hope he shows an ability to add some spark to our attack as his confidence builds.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm starting to think JMK and Lewis both need another year in the gym, but many want them in the team due to their namesakes only.
I'd prepare to bring in Nu Brown as a utility or a 4th forward for better momentum throughout.
Agree about the gym for both but JMK is tougher than I gave him credit for he got fucken smashed a few times tonight and just bounced straight back up,I think it was Gillard from memory and he didn't miss

Status
Not open for further replies.