Opinion JMK-TONIGHT'S GAME

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People judging players who've had one training session with a team thrown together.

Judge them in round 4 after a month of footy with there team mates who they've been training with since last November.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
DWZ? I assume because of the tackle? Most people praised him for playing well. Let's focus on the positives.. Dallin played well and looks fitter and faster than last year while Topine didn't look overawed and had some nice moments.
I agree but for some people to bag the shit out of people, call them retarded and then deny some posts and delete other posts before claiming they didn’t bag anyone is pathetic

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree but for some people to bag the shit out of people, call them retarded and then deny some posts and delete other posts before claiming they didn’t bag anyone is pathetic
No doubt, shit like wishing for injuries or personal attacks are unacceptable.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The game opened up and looked better as fatigue set in and the ref stopped ruining it with needless offside 6 agains.

I thought he favoured the Mawrrrries but the Indigenous didn't help themselves with some dumb plays and a few lazy gamebreaker players.

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would support those who called Dwz tackle on report stupid. Don’t know why the would delete it. Was clear for anyone to see and fair call.

The thing he was placed on report for was literally trying to smash someone cms off the ground and copped him high. Complete brain fart. Not needed and was never ending any other way.

You could see the moment he got up he knew he shouldn’t of done it.

Unfortunately Dwz is prone to these brain farts.

That said I also praised an overall good game For him. Looked fit and never has lacked for effort. Hands didn’t let him down. Did get caught out once defending though think manu was in field from play before so was a bit unlucky there.

Smith was bog average. Wouldn’t make the bench for us based on that. Again disappointing as last all star he killed it before injury.

Jmk was one of the worst on field.
Easily outplayed by Luke.

Topine looked very willing and fit. Defensively he held his own, though with ball In hand you could see the body needs some time to get bigger and it will come he’s a kid. Also only very limited minutes. He is promising though that’s for sure.

There was several players off the Mark. Some still looked for big years. Very impressed with a few and some regular quality players did their thing.

None of our really stood out. Dwz was the best of the lot by a long way though again topine didn’t get enough minutes to have a huge impact.

Worst on field for me would of been peachy. Horrible.

Kerr, tanau brown, wighton, riki, fisher Harris (besides the brain explosion at the end) packer, tapine all played well. Some very very well.

Andrea Fifita looks much better too. D Fifita was a bit quiet but had some good impact. Latrell ditto. Walker and Johnston too.

Kerr, brown, packer all played very well.

You expect fisher and wighton too.

Riki has some serious potential.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take on the game;
Chris Smith - didn't stand out
JMK - I thought he looked better with Benji & leiu as his halves and gave them good service. Did some great cleaning up scramble defense & played decent minutes. Given we have him & Katoa I would prefer JMK because is fitter and the better defender (in my opinion)
Topine - Lacks size but looks like a dude that wants to play 1st grade. If that bloke doesnt pull off that full body shot on him he scores. Defended well.
DWZ - still a rocks & diamonds player to me. Given we lost 7 games last year by less than 6 points I would prefer a player that doesnt have brain snaps.

Reactions: J_B

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Benji literally gave jmk a serve about his service . Not sure how his service is considered good.

He did have a nice cover tackle I would agree there. He is also clearly a fit man. No doubt there.

Sadly he wouldn’t make the 17 in any other squad and shouldn’t here.

I agree re the rest. As much as I like Dwz and his absolutely all heart runs he just has so many moments that make you scratch your head. He’s like Inu with that ability to make you clap then be like really? Lol.

I’m hoping he settles as the season goes on and understand his emotions and desire for his heritage no doubt fire him up more than he usually is and clearly he doesn’t lack there. If his hands and brain can be at 75% his skill, heart, fitness make him class. Just it’s many years in first grade now and still hasn’t found that happy place besides the one year at the back for us. Still have hope as it’s not skill or ability that lets him down.

Topine spot on. C smith agree.

Malla

Reaction score
JMK did really well from hooker. Still heaps to improve from attack but his defence was impressive. Looked really fit too which is probably a nice glimpse at the impact of the training the boys have done this off season compared to other years.

Reactions: J_B

Malla

Reaction score
Benji literally gave jmk a serve about his service . Not sure how his service is considered good.

He did have a nice cover tackle I would agree there. He is also clearly a fit man. No doubt there.

Sadly he wouldn’t make the 17 in any other squad and shouldn’t here.

I agree re the rest. As much as I like Dwz and his absolutely all heart runs he just has so many moments that make you scratch your head. He’s like Inu with that ability to make you clap then be like really? Lol.

I’m hoping he settles as the season goes on and understand his emotions and desire for his heritage no doubt fire him up more than he usually is and clearly he doesn’t lack there. If his hands and brain can be at 75% his skill, heart, fitness make him class. Just it’s many years in first grade now and still hasn’t found that happy place besides the one year at the back for us. Still have hope as it’s not skill or ability that lets him down.

Topine spot on. C smith agree.
100% his attack left a bit to be desired but his defence was really good.

Malla

Reaction score
My take on the game;
Chris Smith - didn't stand out
JMK - I thought he looked better with Benji & leiu as his halves and gave them good service. Did some great cleaning up scramble defense & played decent minutes. Given we have him & Katoa I would prefer JMK because is fitter and the better defender (in my opinion)
Topine - Lacks size but looks like a dude that wants to play 1st grade. If that bloke doesnt pull off that full body shot on him he scores. Defended well.
DWZ - still a rocks & diamonds player to me. Given we lost 7 games last year by less than 6 points I would prefer a player that doesnt have brain snaps.
Pretty spot on with your assessment mate.
I know people are bagging JMK a bit but he looked ok I thought. Great from defence and looked very fit.
I was really impressed with Topine. Never played first grade up against seasoned vets and he held his own. And yeah same shit from DWZ, honesty he might not finish the year with us tbh. Can see him being moved. Just a waste of money

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK still picks the ball up and holds the ball momentarily before passing - pretty much every time. It’s the worst part of his game, always allowing the defence to get in our face. Yes he looks fit and defends pretty well, but I don’t see much difference. Only one game though with limited prep, so hopefully he can still improve.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People judging players who've had one training session with a team thrown together.

Judge them in round 4 after a month of footy with there team mates who they've been training with since last November.
Spot on.. preseason exhbition matches with slapped together teams are hardly a great yard stick for players performance..

The game In general was a rather poor quality affair tbh, as are most early season games..