Jmk needs to go

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Marshall king always looked shit from day one.
Licha might not have been a great player,and heaps on here couldn’t stand him BUT he was always more talented then jmk.

we should have fricken upgraded on Lichaa not gone with a player who is a reserve grade utility.

I think we went backwards here.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Licha might not have been a great player,and heaps on here couldn’t stand him BUT he was always more talented then jmk.

we should have fricken upgraded on Lichaa not gone with a player who is a reserve grade utility.

Yeah nah...

Both shit, but Lichaa is bottom of the barrel.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah nah...

Both shit, but Lichaa is bottom of the barrel.
well if he is the bottom of the barrell JMK is right down there next to him.

I can’t frickin believe we didn’t sign a young good hooker

so many were on the market!!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We keep buying forwards and yet without a 9 we are cooked

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

A gun 9 is super important particularly with the new rules and their is bugger all to choose from coming off contract.

• Harry Grant would be awesome but we are fuck-all chance of getting him as we are 3rd in line behind Bellamy and Madge so why bother.
  • Jake Friend is a genuine top class hooker but I cant see the Roosters letting him go yet and after 2021 he will probably be on the way out.
I know that Jackson Hastings has his detractors (me included as I believe in a no dickhead policy) but he is just 24, has played hooker, has good acceleration, can tackle and pass and won the "Man of Steel" so can play..He wont command or get huge money here ( I reckon 450-550k ) because of his history, but it was DCE he had issues with, who wouldn't..

Turn him into the next Cooke?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings was rubbish the last time he was here and he’s never played hooker at NRL level...

Man of Steel lol wasn’t that the award even Jamie Lyon was winning

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We keep buying forwards and yet without a 9 we are cooked
We did get close to signing Korosau so the club realised we needed a number 9 for this year

Obviously I dont know how the negotiations went but the fact is that he was the only decent hooker on the market and we were in desperate need of a hooker. Successful clubs get the deal done in these circumstances.

We didnt and that has ensured another year or boring, lifeless attack

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Harry Grant is an impossible mission.

We should throw the bank at him

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully Lewis is gone for now, but JMK is another one who can't pass properly. There's always a slight pause in his releases (to balance or think or something?) and there's no real purpose in his passes, he's just a distributor to whoever calls it. No vision at all and not enough improvement in him IMO. Katoa's no better though. Has a habit of playing for himself like Nu Brown. It's hard to say it but I'd rather start Holland. At least he gives a bit of zip out of dummy half, even if we lose a bit in defence.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hastings was rubbish the last time he was here and he’s never played hooker at NRL level...

Man of Steel lol wasn’t that the award even Jamie Lyon was winning
Hastings wasn't rubbish at all but he had a bad smell about him regarding attitude and getting on with team mates, he had just turned 22 when he left. He also came off the bench and filled in at hooker a couple of times, my point is Cooke wasn't a Hooker either but also has a solid nuggety build and speed. Now he is the benchmark.

Hastings can kick, and has soft hands and a bit of football brain. Plus, its a genuine option put forward instead of simply saying everyone is shit.

Also, you didn't rate Jamie Lyon?? ok..

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Harry Grant is an impossible mission.

We should throw the bank at him
Its not impossible, but it is a Saturday Race 8 Hail Mary I think unless we throw $650K + at him to beat off the Tigers or the lure of Bellamy. If we miss him and spend all our time focused on him we might miss out somewhere else.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Disagree, Didn’t go backwards. Lichaa was far worse than JMK, I honestly have never seen a worse hooker. JMK is pretty terrible but looks like Cam Smith in comparison. But new Hooker is obviously priority.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not impossible, but it is a Saturday Race 8 Hail Mary I think unless we throw $650K + at him to beat off the Tigers or the lure of Bellamy. If we miss him and spend all our time focused on him we might miss out somewhere else.
Its been a major problem area for us since Ennis left and after many failures we need to rectify it.

Its also shown that its such a key position in the modern game.

Its the one position where we need to gladly pay overs for it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jmk improved last year but has gone backwards this year

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did get close to signing Korosau so the club realised we needed a number 9 for this year

Obviously I dont know how the negotiations went but the fact is that he was the only decent hooker on the market and we were in desperate need of a hooker. Successful clubs get the deal done in these circumstances.

We didnt and that has ensured another year or boring, lifeless attack
Would you actually call Korisau a great hooker though? We had one...we let the bloke go to Souths! Every good side has a great 9.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie Lyon was a gun what are you talking about ahahah
A gun is pushing it immensely. He was a solid club player that's it, lets call it straight, he was solid that is it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you actually call Korisau a great hooker though? We had one...we let the bloke go to Souths! Every good side has a great 9.
Api is easily a great hooker, even more so now with the rule changes. Why did you even need to ask this? Lol

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings wasn't rubbish at all but he had a bad smell about him regarding attitude and getting on with team mates, he had just turned 22 when he left. He also came off the bench and filled in at hooker a couple of times, my point is Cooke wasn't a Hooker either but also has a solid nuggety build and speed. Now he is the benchmark.

Hastings can kick, and has soft hands and a bit of football brain. Plus, its a genuine option put forward instead of simply saying everyone is shit.

Also, you didn't rate Jamie Lyon?? ok..
Hastings isn't a NRL quality 9. He's a 9 the same way Kurt Gidley was at Newcastle. He's just another JMK.

Lyon was solid, but he wasn't anything more. Was pantsed at Origin level every single time...and then he stopped playing Origin.