1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Jmk ain't better

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by AlzzBulldog, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Novdoggie

Novdoggie Kennel Enthusiast

I love how someone posted a pic of Api in a Dogs Jersey yesterday....gold! lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Novdoggie

Novdoggie Kennel Enthusiast

I blame the halves. Good halves command the ball. I think Foran went missing at times. There was a set of six on their line where Foran never touched the ball once and turned out to be a sloppy set. Probably the set you are talking about.

3. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Jmk has improved alot however his pass selection on the line last night was shithouse

4. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS Gilded

Jmk is 23 had only played hooker mainly this year API is 26 played most his career in the 9 so jmk can only get better api will be injured by round 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snoop

Snoop Participant

It looks like we’re aiming for Danny Levi..

6. kaluah8123

kaluah8123 Forum Regular

Watch a game of footy please. He is not the problem and yes Api is an upgrade but at what cost?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Scoooby

Scoooby Kennel Addict Premium Member Gilded

Jmk isn’t the best. Nor is he too bad, Nice 4/20 he got. and he’s all we have and will be better for it next year, I’m not going to complain right now, can’t do a lot about it... I wish Jmk the best of luck next year as he is going to need it..!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dogs79

Dogs79 Waterboy

JMK has improved and I believe he will continue to improve but I can’t say that he will be a superstar No.9. Given the limited options available as a 2nd No.9, I would think a 1 year option with maybe a 2nd year (club option) is best. Options look like: Isaac Luke, Danny Levi, Ben Hampton has played a little No.9 and offers utility value, Billy Brittain is off contract although I haven’t seen much of him, Matt Parcell at Leeds is off contract,

9. Horse

Horse Kennel Addict

I'm content with JMK in the #9 next year.

He'll get even better with more experience, confidence and better players around him to feed off.

In the past 2 games he's gone the full 80 mins, made 105 tackles, and hasn't missed one.

Would love to see him run the ball a little more, and utilise his long kicking game more often.

10. Teddybear

Teddybear Forum Regular

Api reneged cause he saw how well jmk is playing.
    Sure as shit Api cannot kick 40/20s now can he.
    Lazy player who feels he will have no competition at Penrith for the hooking role which will breed complacency.
    Dodged a major bullet

11. TalDog

TalDog Kennel Enthusiast

We need an effing hooker

12. Rothanaa

Rothanaa Kennel Enthusiast Premium Member

He is average at best and only in first grade because of his brother. We need a short term solution. Issac Luke would be a great option if rotating with JMK

13. chrise186

chrise186 Forum Regular

I don't get all the hate for jmk. I think he's pretty solid and still learning. First full year as a hooker. Has speed to burn. Probably done last off season as a utility so full off season as a hooker and he will improve dramatically.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CaptainJackson

CaptainJackson Immortal Gilded

I'm putting this down as another pay failure.

Jmk has improved greatly this season in hooker. While he may not eventually be a world beater, he may have the possibility to be a solid 1st grade hooker after another season's experience in that position.

So where I think pay completely failed was when he persisted with jmk in the halves last season. After 2 games in the halves it was painstakingly obvious that jmk is not a half. Thereby wasting more of his first grade experience in a position he's not suited to

15. Dingo

Dingo Go the dogs Gilded

JMK's a stop gap solution but he's doing well for now. He's a determined little bugger who wants to succeed.

Happy for persevere with him at hooker and get some proper mentoring until we can afford someone better that actually wants to play for our club.

We've been knocked back by Api, Robson and Brailey from memory so it's not like we aren't aware that position needs filling. Us not showing interest in Levi tells us what we already know, he's not much better than an improving JMK as an investment.

I think it's smart by the club to show patience here and I'm glad we don't want to pay overs for average type players. I'm sure the right player will come up on the radar.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  16. Snoop

Snoop Participant

I agree with leaving JMK in the hooker spot. He will only improve..I think it’s important that he works on it in the pre season.

He just needs to read the game a bit better like a lot of good hookers do and really sit down and do his homework on his forwards in regards to their strengths and weaknesses especially in attack.

Especially picking out the right forwards who has an ability to cross the line when attacking the opposition try line. A lot of times this year there has been a lot of dead plays in this area, everything is timing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019