No Source Jimmy the Junk?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodgy as fuck if the NRL allow this without it impacting their salary cap. It's beyond a joke when some clubs are burdened for years by poor decisions, while the select few can just offload a player without consequences. I don't know what will give me the final push to stop supporting league for good. Whether it's something like this or the NRL giving a free pass to dodgy shit like cover ups for elite players screwing up. It makes it difficult to think this league is worth being emotionally invested in.
It’s easier just to release the player than to share the details around why he was sacked. Souths are already skating on thin ice with the burgess saga and likely working with the NRL to sweep it under the carpet. Any other indiscretions will draw attention back to the burgess issue as well. We can hate it as much as we want but probably the best way to manage it on their part

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For shiz.
But here's a question I have.
Let's say Newcastle ask for a character reference from Souths. Do they tell the truth?
If they lie and it comes out later than Jimmy is doing petrol or something, could their be any ramification if Newcastle purchased him in good faith he wasn't doing any mischief then it came out his liver be rotten from drug use or something.

to me that could blow up.
Every club in the league would know his history.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is BS
Souths should be made to suffer in their cap for this rubbish move.
We couldn’t even get compensation for fk’n Foran last year. They can shred Burgess Inglis and now this bloke and will probably be rewarded with a JAC for it.
Ridiculous!!

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Life of an orginal gangster. Been the case all my life. In and out of detention. Grounded all the time.
And still haven't learnt......... Stupid is as stupid does. Life of a wannabe gangster genius (self proclaimed).
Neck up ya golliwog!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Life of an orginal gangster. Been the case all my life. In and out of detention. Grounded all the time.
thats what you need the oil for #dumbcunt

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sths surely have some dirt on him seriously this club the master of sweeping shit under the carpet

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TIGERS
James Roberts contract: Wests Tigers meet with former South Sydney Rabbitohs star

James Roberts has met with the Wests Tigers in a bid to restart his stalled NRL career, on the same day the club suffered a blow in its chase of Josh Addo-Carr.

Wests Tigers have held a secret meeting with wayward NRL star James Roberts.
Tigers boss Justin Pascoe, head of football Adam Hartigan and Roberts met at an inner west cafe on Thursday morning.

Roberts was joined by his manager Warwick Wright.

The meeting occurred before the Tigers were officially told of Josh Addo-Carr’s plans to remain in Melbourne.

Earlier this month, South Sydney released Roberts from the final year of his contract on compassionate grounds.

Roberts, 27, hasn’t played since suffering a pectoral injury earlier in the season.

He also checked himself into a mental health facility this year to help with personal issues reportedly related to anxiety and depression.

It is understood Newcastle and Canterbury are two clubs not entertaining signing the former NSW Origin representative.

The Tigers have been active in the player transfer market, suffering another blow as the NSW Origin winger Addo-Carr decided to remain at Melbourne next season.

Despite actively seeking a release from the final year of his Storm deal to return home to Sydney on compassionate grounds, and signing a heads of agreement to join the Tigers if he were to leave the Storm in 2021, Melbourne officials informed the Tigers on Thursday that Addo-Carr’s request to switch clubs would not be granted.

The Tigers could be set to lose forward Josh Aloiai, who has emerged as a potential replacement for representative prop Addin Fonua-Blake at Manly.

Aloiai, who celebrated his 25th birthday on Wednesday, is off-contract at the end of 2021 but is now free to negotiate with rival clubs for 2022.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers boss Justin Pascoe (back) and head of football Adam Hartigan (left).
Fair, they are fkn desperate.

Also didnt realise Josh Aloiai is only 25. Surely a handy pick up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair, they are fkn desperate.

Also didnt realise Josh Aloiai is only 25. Surely a handy pick up.
A decent signing for Manly. Des will get more out of him than McGuire imo. I think he was a little out of favour at the Tigers for a while (going from starting to bench, maybe that was last year). They have signed Tamou and Utoikamanu so maybe he's not needed. I think he's a similar level signing to Hetherington.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A decent signing for Manly. Des will get more out of him than McGuire imo. I think he was a little out of favour at the Tigers for a while (going from starting to bench, maybe that was last year). They have signed Tamou and Utoikamanu so maybe he's not needed. I think he's a similar level signing to Hetherington.
Under Des, Aloiai will have one job and one job only. Fourth tackle hit-up.