No Source Jimmy the Junk?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Former Origin star James Roberts is reportedly on the search for a new home after being shown the door by the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Roberts has been told that his time at Redfern will come to an end this year, despite having another year left to run on his contract.

The Newcastle Knights are understood to be a suitor for the talented 27-year-old who has failed to capture his best form in recent seasons.

After playing in all three games for Brad Fittler's NSW side in the 2018 State of Origin series, Roberts has struggled to capture the form that saw his rise to prominence.

He's still fast, despite carrying a huge amount of baggage. Any interest?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Former Origin star James Roberts is reportedly on the search for a new home after being shown the door by the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Roberts has been told that his time at Redfern will come to an end this year, despite having another year left to run on his contract.

The Newcastle Knights are understood to be a suitor for the talented 27-year-old who has failed to capture his best form in recent seasons.

After playing in all three games for Brad Fittler's NSW side in the 2018 State of Origin series, Roberts has struggled to capture the form that saw his rise to prominence.

He's still fast, despite carrying a huge amount of baggage. Any interest?
No interest from me. I hope the Dogs don't entertain the idea as we need to focus on other positions that are more important. Plus he has more baggage than a single mother with a tribe of kids to numerous fathers.

I'm sure your team will be happy to take him though but would you really want to help out Souths so they can get JAC?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No interest from me. I hope the Dogs don't entertain the idea as we need to focus on other positions that are more important. Plus he has more baggage than a single mother with a tribe of kids to numerous fathers.

I'm sure your team will be happy to take him though but would you really want to help out Souths so they can get JAC?
Nah it'd be a barge pole from us as well and we'd eat the arse out of a dead chicken before we helped lol@souffs.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Shit go from Bunnies the bloke still has a year to go. They bring him back down from Brisbane with all his baggage and once his mental health issues start up again they kick him to the curb for an upgrade. The bloke needs help and they just abandon him. Fuckin dogssss

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he can't get his head right and play good footy at Souths under Wayne and having a lot of indigenous players around him he probably never will. Way too big of a risk for any club.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole situation stinks to high hell.

Bennett was the bloke who said they were NEVER going to sign him. A month later, he was theirs. He has also defending him countless times, citing the hardships James' has endured throughout his life. Credit to the bloke - I dont know him from a bar of soap, but for Wanyo to mention something as personal as that (given his track record for "mushrooming" the media) - he must have some real demons in his closet.

Now the Rabbitohs want to turn there back on him? I am highly doubting this tbh, especially given the lengths Wayno went to bring him over. Unless there is something in it for them, why would they let this bloke go?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole situation stinks to high hell.

Bennett was the bloke who said they were NEVER going to sign him. A month later, he was theirs. He has also defending him countless times, citing the hardships James' has endured throughout his life. Credit to the bloke - I dont know him from a bar of soap, but for Wanyo to mention something as personal as that (given his track record for "mushrooming" the media) - he must have some real demons in his closet.

Now the Rabbitohs want to turn there back on him? I am highly doubting this tbh, especially given the lengths Wayno went to bring him over. Unless there is something in it for them, why would they let this bloke go?
Also said they aren’t interested in jac unfortunately waynes words cant be trusted these days

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he lasted longer than half a season with a new club. The guy spends more time partying than he does on the football field.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I got told the main reason he is getting moved on is because his off field issues. The local Koori boys I work with in the Fern told your uncle Paulie he roughed his or a women up. Plus on the drink heaps. Bennet ain't happy with the cocksucker. So in saying that it's a big fat Vito Spatafore NO. Go fuck yourself Jimmy the rat

Reedy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Too big a risk. Injury prone and off field issues.
Will have us plastered on front page of paper for some off field incident.