Jimmy the Jet

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
so its airborne and infectious, everyones still getting it even eth lockldown yet barely anyomes dying.

no point having lovkdown

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree its a bit harsh but FMD people we have known it's been airborne for 12 months, and your only now cottoning on to why they want you to wear masks and social distance to 1.5m 2 m ?
Fk it's like you don't listen.

By the way when they mean airborne they are not saying it is travelling far, only aerosol to about qm to 1.5m.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree its a bit harsh but FMD people we have known it's been airborne for 12 months, and your only now cottoning on to why they want you to wear masks and social distance to 1.5m 2 m ?
Fk it's like you don't listen.

By the way when they mean airborne they are not saying it is travelling far, only aerosol to about qm to 1.5m.
perhaps poor wording on my part but what I was meaning is in my post above. I’m pretty sure everyone knows why the masks and social distancing have been implemented.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok let me rephrase.

I didn’t realise COVID could now float through the outside air for long distances and infect people.

What do you think the chances are in percent of someone standing outside on their balcony without anyone else close getting COVID?
FUCK ALL

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is in the hotel with the families because he was at a venue where a covid positive person attended and such not with the team .
the balcony rule was because the families like the players thought they could do what they please and were passing items between floors on the balconies
hence they had to gaffer tape balcony doors and not use balconies.

‘’yes he was no risk by walking out ( and in the scheme of things a stupid matter and rule ) but they took away that option because they families breached rules by passing items and yes whilst this is a stupid rule, he still broke them ( this not a nrl rule but a government rule )

they don’t have to like the rules put in place , they can remain in Sydney and be locked down like the rest of us , just like overseas returnees can remain overseas if they don’t want to do the 14 days quarantine ( remember hotel quarantine put in place as the returnees flouted home isolation rules on return to the country )

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's only going to be a matter of time before one of the meatheads have a serious enough indiscretion to get the game kicked out of Queensland.

While it doesn't seem like a huge thing for Roberts to be on the balcony, it's a small flouting of the rules and is typical of NRL players opinions about rules. There's always a few who will push the boundaries until one of them goes too far. And given that Queensland has said they're on their last chance I'm expecting that last chance to be used soon.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's only going to be a matter of time before one of the meatheads have a serious enough indiscretion to get the game kicked out of Queensland.

While it doesn't seem like a huge thing for Roberts to be on the balcony, it's a small flouting of the rules and is typical of NRL players opinions about rules. There's always a few who will push the boundaries until one of them goes too far. And given that Queensland has said they're on their last chance I'm expecting that last chance to be used soon.
can we blame the coaches .
just reading your last line, they are coached to break and bend the games rules, so they use that mentality in life … after all the refs get blamed for penalising them

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On the surface of it, it's seems a little harsh and obscure, but when you consider he is isolating separately from the team in a quarantine hotel because he was in a hotspot and is a new arrived in the state, ( subject to same hotel quarantine rules as anyone else returning), that people have been infected in hotel quarantine by opening their doors at the same time ( not often but has occured) As well as security when they haven't followed rules set in place, the yes he should be sanctioned in some way for it.
Anyone returning and isolating in the hotels are subject to the same conditions not just him, so if its good enough for the rest then ...........

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
perhaps poor wording on my part but what I was meaning is in my post above. I’m pretty sure everyone knows why the masks and social distancing have been implemented.
A quick perusal of some comments, not just here but social media in general, would indicate that is not necessarily the case.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this guy is such a wanker, all the talent in the world but cant get his head straight,
reminds me of a certain ex doggies player Ben Barba..... waste of talent!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is in the hotel with the families because he was at a venue where a covid positive person attended and such not with the team .
the balcony rule was because the families like the players thought they could do what they please and were passing items between floors on the balconies
hence they had to gaffer tape balcony doors and not use balconies.

‘’yes he was no risk by walking out ( and in the scheme of things a stupid matter and rule ) but they took away that option because they families breached rules by passing items and yes whilst this is a stupid rule, he still broke them ( this not a nrl rule but a government rule )

they don’t have to like the rules put in place , they can remain in Sydney and be locked down like the rest of us , just like overseas returnees can remain overseas if they don’t want to do the 14 days quarantine ( remember hotel quarantine put in place as the returnees flouted home isolation rules on return to the country )
This.

There's a reason why the balcony rule was brought in.

Give them an inch and they will take a fucking mile.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did not know this was the case thought he was a "regular" in the scheme of things hence why I arced up at such a seemingly archaic rule.
Stupid is as stupid does so I guess it's necessary when it comes to nrl players and their wives/wags who probably act pretty entitled at times.

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently he only went out to hang up a towel.

When he went to get it he stayed inside the door and reached put for it.

I think it's another case of the media pushing an agenda.
They are not allowed to open the door to the balcony for any reason.