Jim Carrey cleared of involvement in exs death - time to sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WOW!!! I've said all along her side of the family were setting him up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2018/02/01/jim-carrey-cleared-involvement-ex-girlfriends-death/

Jim Carrey has been cleared over involvement in the death of his ex-girlfriend Cathriona White, and will not face court.

The actor has been embroiled in a bitter lawsuit after White's husband and mother sued him, saying the Hollywood star was responsible for her death by drug overdose in 2015.

White was an Irish make-up artist who dated Carrey intermittedly between 2012 and 2015. She died, aged 30, at her home in Los Angeles after taking a cocktail of prescription drugs.

Almost exactly a year after her death, White's estranged husband Mark Burton and her mother Brigid Sweetman filed a suit for violation of the Drug Dealer Liability Act and wrongful death, claiming Carrey had supplied White with the drugs that killed her.

Carrey swiftly countersued. The filing also addressed an earlier case of extortion, in which White threatened to "go to the press" claiming that Carrey had infected her with herpes, unless he paid her millions of dollars. Carrey, his lawyer wrote, "succumbed to the demands and privately resolved the issue with Cat and her lawyer," although White's claims were false.

White's medical record and STD test results were recently found to be forged: White had changed the details of a friend's clean 2011 test to suggest she had been infected only after beginning a relationship with Carrey.

A spokesperson for Carrey confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the suit had been dismissed on January 25, saying that Carrey had no comment to make beyond “Jim is looking forward to moving on with his life now”.

:( Gotta feel sorry for Jim Carrey, and you'd expect him to sue quite a number of media outlets who hung him out to dry and have potentially destroyed his career/reputation forever.

I always said from day dot that he was being set up. Seems I was right.

NOW... imagine had Carrey comitted suicide as a result of all this? Who would be held responsible!!!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
they wouldnt be talking about his suicide as the left owns the media, it will be all about yeah but she was bashed, but she was abused, but domestic violence all of which carrey arent guilty of but shes got the automatic win just fro being a female lol.

its sort of like the johnny depp amber herd saga lol fucken hilarious.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hadn't heard any of this. At the end of the day it hasn't changed my opinion that he's pretty annoying in almost every movie I've seen him in.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hadn't heard any of this. At the end of the day it hasn't changed my opinion that he's pretty annoying in almost every movie I've seen him in.
You are aware he's a comedian right, he's mean to be annoying (in a funny way).

Wahesh

Reaction score
By the way, this woman committed suicide. Suicide is voluntarily taking your own life. You can't force someone to voluntarily commit suicide. Her family were looking for someone to blame. Carrey was NOT that someone.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fun with Dick and Jane was on the Tele a few nights ago. Good fun.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so that's why Jim Carrey looked so weak and old when I saw him recently.

I was wondering if he had a disease or something.

now it makes sense

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jim Carrey is by far the best comedian Hollywood ever produced, yes funnier than Eddie Murphy.

*waits for truck loads questionable ratings*

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I lost respect for Carrey when he jumped on the "vaccines cause Autism" bandwagon. This is still pretty messed up though and he doesn't deserve it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jim Carrey is by far the best comedian Hollywood ever produced, yes funnier than Eddie Murphy.

*waits for truck loads questionable ratings*
For a few years he was the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

Of all his movies I think I could watch Me Myself and Irene over and over.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

That's a great movie. I still find the Ace Ventura movies as funny now as the first time I saw them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, some of his greatest movies are his serious movies. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show are both brilliant.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My funniest Carrey movies are:

- The Mask (probably his funniest ever)
- Bruce Almighty (a close 2nd)
- Liar Liar (a closer 3rd)

He's also funny as The Riddler in Batman Forever, and also good had some funny moments in both Ace Venture movies. The ones that spring to mind are the darts in his thighs (his reaction) and then cops one in the butt, and also the scene where he thinks he had sex with a man (which wasn't the case, but his reactions was priceless).

Skip to 0:40 ;)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

That's a great movie. I still find the Ace Ventura movies as funny now as the first time I saw them.
Jim Carrey has/ had a unique style with his rubbery face even though he tried to copy Jerry Lewis , Jim excelled Jerry. His facial expressions made him even more funnier. Jim was the sort of comedian whom you would just look at and laughed even he wont say a word.

Mask, Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber they are all comedy gold.

Why we are talking about Jim Carrey as if he has died. lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My funniest Carrey movies are:

- The Mask (probably his funniest ever)
- Bruce Almighty (a close 2nd)
- Liar Liar (a closer 3rd)

He's also funny as The Riddler in Batman Forever, and also good had some funny moments in both Ace Venture movies. The ones that spring to mind are the darts in his thighs (his reaction) and then cops one in the butt, and also the scene where he thinks he had sex with a man (which wasn't the case, but his reactions was priceless).

Skip to 0:40 ;)

Was it sex? I think it was just 'cause he kissed her then found out she was a man. And she was a man too.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Was it sex? I think it was just 'cause he kissed her then found out she was a man. And she was a man too.
No no I'm sure there was a sex scene (you don't see anything) where all the animals are in the room watching them :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jim Carrey has/ had a unique style with his rubbery face even though he tried to copy Jerry Lewis , Jim excelled Jerry. His facial expressions made him even more funnier. Jim was the sort of comedian whom you would just look at and laughed even he wont say a word.

Mask, Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber they are all comedy gold.

Why we are talking about Jim Carrey as if he has died. lol
'cause he hasn't made a good movie in around 10 years.

Well, Kickass 2 was an exception. It wasn't a great movie but his character was excellent. Then he had to ruin it by coming out after shooting the movie and boycotting the movie because violence is wrong.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No no I'm sure there was a sex scene (you don't see anything) where all the animals are in the room watching them :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Nah, you're thinking of something else. I know the scene you're talking about but can't remember where from. Maybe it was Ace Ventura 2 or another sex scene with someone else, or maybe Naked Gun.

The scene where he figures out that Finkle (man) is Einhorn (woman), he remembers kissing her then remembers that her gun was sticking into his hip, then realises it wasn't a gun.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this is one of the best scenes ever. no matter how many times you look at it, it makes you laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.