Jessica Watson: Aussie hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly makes her an Australian Hero?

Just finished watching her on ch9 and the PM and Premier would not stop repeating 'Australian Hero'.

IMO, she is far from one.

A Hero is a selfless act of conscience, because its the right thing to do, regardless of the consequences. All she did was sail around the world in a boat. She didnt even steer the whole time. She should have been at school getting an education.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe if she was disabled what she has done would have given other disabled people inspiration. But she isn't.

Nurses, life gaurds, police, fire fighters, ambos, doctors are heroes

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not a hero, but inspirational. to go that long without proper food... farrrrr out.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's probably an inspiration, and has gained alot of confidence which will assist her for the rest of her life, however she is not a hero. Too much attention for something that does not contribute to benefit society.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Ain't a hero. Didn't help anyone aside from herself.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Will probably be awarded the next Young Australian of the Year

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no way. i am more of a hero every time i remove a baby from its meth head mother.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I respect her, what did you do when you were sixteen? It was an adventure of mass proportion which required a massive work effort, the people love her, good on her.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has she bettered the world in any way? Has she contributed to society or to humanity as a whole? The answer is no. She was overly ambitious and risked her life for an arrogant endeavour that is as pointless as it is idiotic.

X

XxFoVoSxX

lol bob, you're a douche...
i was in a hospital bed when i was 16 if you wanted to know...

just sayin'

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so glad I rarely ever watch TV anymore.
there was nothing else to do at work after i'd cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. needed something to make me look like i was working lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
there was nothing else to do at work after i'd cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. needed something to make me look like i was working lol
LOL that's one of the only times I ever watch TV.

Either that or the sports channels.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
She, herself... was saying that she isnt a hero.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
She,s not a hero, she hasnt saved the world but she was brave and achieved a great feat, its like saying you did the Paris Dakar on a KTM and got a finisher medal. I can bet none of you have one.

X

X factor

She is my hero, she muct have smashed the world masturbation record on that little boat of hers :o

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
unless she battled pirates out there she is not a hero, and so glad it's over and hopefulyl won't ever have to hear her name ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.