Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exiled Knights star Jesse Ramien breaks silence on shock exit and feud rumours

Exiled Newcastle star Jesse Ramien has spoken publicly for the first time since being unceremoniously shown the door by the Knights mid-season.
The Hunter club dropped a rugby league bombshell a fortnight ago when coach Nathan Brown told the 22-year-old centre he didn’t have to return to the club following training on a Wednesday.

Ramien was axed following the team’s Round 18 loss to the Roosters, and days later was told to find a new club as soon as possible.

It was rumoured he had fallen out with Brown and possibly members of the playing group.

But breaking his silence on NITV’s rugby league program Over The Black Dot, Ramien denied there was any ill feeling towards anyone involved with Newcastle.

“At the end of the day it didn’t work out," Ramien said.

“Their style of play and my style of play didn’t click as much as we would have liked it to.

“It’s a great club, not a bad thing to say about the club and I got on great with all the boys there.

“These things happen in footy I guess and it’s time to move on.

“I really enjoyed my time there. When I left the bush I pretty much grew up in Newy.”

Ramien and his management are now weighing up his options for the 2020 NRL season.

North Queensland, Canterbury, and Cronulla are all said to be interested in his services for next season.

Ramien wouldn’t give too much away but did drop a hint on his future.

“It’s going to be pretty tough, my next decision. It’s a big one, I’m at an important part of my career,” he said.

“I’m just looking for somewhere I can do what I do best. I like to get the ball early, somewhere that has halves who like to do that.

“I think there’s a few teams out there that play that style of footy and that’s something I can see myself being a part of.

“It’s always a confidence builder when clubs are wanting you. I probably haven’t had the best year, but to feel wanted is definitely a confidence booster.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2c4514fa26579066c97f71a9a7e294a3

Well that rules the Bulldogs out then!
He's definitely holding out for the Sharks.

Malla

Reaction score
Well that rules the Bulldogs out then!
He's definitely holding out for the Sharks.
There is no way in the world Sharks will happen. Half their salary cap is tied up between Woods, Fifita, Johnson, Moylan and Dugan. They would have to shed at least 2-3 of those in order to be cap compliant, then make more cuts to find the money to offer Ramien a sizable deal. Based on the article I think Cowboys might be the go.

Wouldn't rule us out just yet, but I highly doubt it now.

Malla

Reaction score
The more he talks the less I like him.
Was thinking the same thing. Who is he to talk about wanting more ball lol the bloke has achieved nothing. I think Knights may have made the right call to fuck him off.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing. Who is he to talk about wanting more ball lol the bloke has achieved nothing. I think Knights may have made the right call to fuck him off.
Looking that way isn't it. I have visions of a team of seagulls with all players calling "more ball, more ball", just like Finding Nemo, "More, more, more". We might be better giving this guy the flick I'm starting to think.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There is no way in the world Sharks will happen. Half their salary cap is tied up between Woods, Fifita, Johnson, Moylan and Dugan. They would have to shed at least 2-3 of those in order to be cap compliant, then make more cuts to find the money to offer Ramien a sizable deal. Based on the article I think Cowboys might be the go.

Wouldn't rule us out just yet, but I highly doubt it now.
Plus cowboys are holding out hope for Holmes it's been reported so the bloke may not have as many options open to him as he's acting. I say give him a very short deadline now or give it a miss.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget this clown. Wrong attitude. Seems to be very all about himself

Throw whatever coin at Oates and Korisau for next season then go for a Mitchell, Staggs, Fifita, cotric 2020.

Who knows, we might only be shopping for 1 centre if averillo keeps on his development trajectory

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand all the talk is to get the best deal possible but the fact is he is 22, unwanted at his current club, has shown some promise yet is not a star. Hope the club plays tough with this one, who knows his options might be a whole lot slimmer than his manager is telling him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I understand all the talk is to get the best deal possible but the fact is he is 22, unwanted at his current club, has shown some promise yet is not a star. Hope the club plays tough with this one, who knows his options might be a whole lot slimmer than his manager is telling him.
Well when you start picking apart the supposed club's interested his "in demand" status seems to not stack up so much does it.

Us: Desperate, interested.
Sharks: Already over the Cap for next year.
Cowboys: Holding out for Holmes if reports are true.

Add a daughter living Central Coast or whatever....

Tell him he's dreaming, drop the offer and give him until Friday to decide lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree mate. I’d like to think that if we are angling the ‘family club’ spiel, we can offer something additional for him to help outside of the cap
What a great idea with a bit of help support and (counseling) always helps, it certainly sends out the message that we are the real family club

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We desperately need a centre but I'm not sure about this guy.

Very self centered, when was the last time a club told a player they're not required after June 30 and ask them not to come back for the rest of the season. Newcastle must still be paying him but he's so toxic they're willing to do that to be rid of him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We desperately need a centre but I'm not sure about this guy.

Very self centered, when was the last time a club told a player they're not required after June 30 and ask them not to come back for the rest of the season. Newcastle must still be paying him but he's so toxic they're willing to do that to be rid of him.
Hasn't the temp on Kennel gone cold on this guy real quick lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasn't the temp on Kennel gone cold on this guy real quick lol
Absolutely mate, I think as you said earlier in the thread the more he talks the more he shows his true colours.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now no one wants ramien......... until, when and if the club announces him and then everyone will be jumping up and down with excitement... just a bunch of sooks this forum has become...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To right, it shows you the difference in work ethic and class compared to Josh Morris. He didn't get quality ball with us for years, but he defended well and just did his job.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Now no one wants ramien......... until, when and if the club announces him and then everyone will be jumping up and down with excitement... just a bunch of sooks this forum has become...
Exactly. And complain that we haven’t signed anyone. People want every signing to be the perfect signing. It’s not fantasy league.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Circus act..!!! We don’t need more of that crap at our club, was convinced about this.. but the more he opens his mouth the more I don’t want him at our club.!! We want positives right now and moving forward I don’t think he is it.

I guess if it’s announced, we better cross our fingers and hope he gets on board, puts his head down, and works hard..!!