News Jeremy Marshall-King Bulldog hits open market with writing on wall for Belmore future

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The good news is that we only have 15 more games of JMK. The bad news is that we still have 15 more games of JMK..
Did he get suspended for that leg trip? Would be a blessing

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Proven himself to be an NRL quality hooker? FMD.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So if we are keeping BBO as our back up hooker next year why not start him for the remainder of the year and give him game time experience?
What do I know, right?
BBO is the most likely 14 for next year, so playing 1/2 in NSW Cup is appropriate. Mahony plays pretty much 80 mins, so a designated hooker off the bench isn't required.

Always a Bulldog

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the dolphins are interested after they missed Grant, Mahoney, B Smith and about 5 other hookers ???

Huge show of confidence in JMK. I think it’s out of him and Steve Walters for their starting hooker next year. Walters slightly in front at this stage but his gout issue could see that change

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Zach-Docker Clay should get some opportunities later in the season.
Yeh was going to mention him, how old is he B? And playing varying roles in Flegg? Decent sized kid?
I'm in for that develop his game, give us a change of direction and not much to lose with the season r.i.p, reasoning i query BBO is the theory he's near front of the queue for 7..have little idea how that pans out but it should be plan A for him at this stage.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh was going to mention him, how old is he B? And playing varying roles in Flegg? Decent sized kid?
I'm in for that develop his game, give us a change of direction and not much to lose with the season r.i.p, reasoning i query BBO is the theory he's near front of the queue for 7..have little idea how that pans out but it should be plan A for him at this stage.
ZDC is actually 27.. His defence looked decent in Reserves. He can play multiple roles though..

Yeah BBO should focus on the halves in Reserves. He has no long term future at hooker whereas he could play a role in the halves next year if he develops well in Reserves. But playing him 8-15 minutes a game off the bench doesn't do him much good.. Luckily this week he could still pkay Reserves.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who's our back up hooker if Mahoney is injured? Topine?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZDC is actually 27.. His defence looked decent in Reserves. He can play multiple roles though..

Yeah BBO should focus on the halves in Reserves. He has no long term future at hooker whereas he could play a role in the halves next year if he develops well in Reserves. But playing him 8-15 minutes a game off the bench doesn't do him much good.. Luckily this week he could still pkay Reserves.
He is 27 and barely played any first grade. I think that says enough

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah in this system that Barrett wants, I reckon lock would be perfect for him, being the distributor instead of Jackson, then have someone at dummy half that can give quicker service, would actually solve 2 problems we have
it would NOT solve two problems, you will still have no lock.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah in this system that Barrett wants, I reckon lock would be perfect for him, being the distributor instead of Jackson, then have someone at dummy half that can give quicker service, would actually solve 2 problems we have
To play lock he would need to put on few more KGs

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how a player of his caliber will reach 100 first grade games. League needs to start culling teams, not adding. Nowhere near enough talent
100% Correct but this is the world of P V'Landys.

He doesn't care about the quality of the game all he is concerned about is making more money through more gate takings and merchandise from clubs.

This is why the ARL were challenged by Super League 25 years ago as Quayle and Arthurson thought it was a great idea to have more teams in the then ARL and had FOUR separate consortiums to choose from. Who did they decide on? All FOUR and it make a mockery of the game with 20 teams in the competition from the beginning of 1995 when the Auckland Warriors, Queensland Cowboys, Queensland Crushers and Western Reds joined the competition.

Something had to be done as the competition became a complete JOKE with teams that hadn't won a game by Round 3 or 4 virtually gone for the season.

V'landy is the man who has thrown tradition out the window in Horse Racing and is making up new races every year worth 10 to 15 Million dollars. Where does that money come from?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yikes didn't know he was 27 confused where he was playing too oops, yep now recall reading Marley's posts about his play in reggies.No harm trying him out if worthy/gives better service but generally we're sandwiches short of a picnic..obviously Mahoney can't get here quick enough, these long wait times as discussed before are fucked.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is 27 and barely played any first grade. I think that says enough
He's worth a look halfway through the year to see what he can do. He's a cheap, short term option. Might as well see how he goes in FG as we can't do much worse than JMK this year.