Jedi Survivor Discussion thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just knocked off the Ninth Sister in Jedi Survivor ..she’s pretty decent for a first boss.. Hint blocking her strike is almost as valuable as as hitting her with your own..

ps..take time to look around at the ‘scenery’ the underworld of Coruscant is superb..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just knocked off the Ninth Sister in Jedi Survivor ..she’s pretty decent for a first boss.. Hint blocking her strike is almost as valuable as as hitting her with your own..

ps..take time to look around at the ‘scenery’ the underworld of Coruscant is superb..
I like the way they handled combat in this. They took a lot from Sekiro with the hits and blocks lowering stamina so you can get some huge damage in. They also use a similar grapling hook to Sekiro. Fortunately it's a lot easier than Sekiro.

It makes sense though as the first game took many ideas from other FromSoft games.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the way they handled combat in this. They took a lot from Sekiro with the hits and blocks lowering stamina so you can get some huge damage in. They also use a similar grapling hook to Sekiro. Fortunately it's a lot easier than Sekiro.

It makes sense though as the first game took many ideas from other FromSoft games.
Never played Sekiro..sounds good! Hack because I haven’t bothered to customise my Quadstick yet for Jedi, there are certain moves I can’t use..in particular the ones that need buttons pushed simultaneously.. However, I still can kick ass with standard moves, which is great!

Just on a note on how good the Xbox is for accessibility..you can actually have your other controller seen as a ‘co-pilot’ which links two controllers together as one.. As such if I have problems in pressing two buttons I could get someone else to press a button, or, with my limited movement, press a button in conjunction with me using the quadstick..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never played Sekiro..sounds good! Hack because I haven’t bothered to customise my Quadstick yet for Jedi, there are certain moves I can’t use..in particular the ones that need buttons pushed simultaneously.. However, I still can kick ass with standard moves, which is great!

Just on a note on how good the Xbox is for accessibility..you can actually have your other controller seen as a ‘co-pilot’ which links two controllers together as one.. As such if I have problems in pressing two buttons I could get someone else to press a button, or, with my limited movement, press a button in conjunction with me using the quadstick..
This is Sekiro. Ridiculously difficult, but amazing.

Side note, if you haven't played it yet, you should try Control. It's basically Jedi without lightsabers, but with a weird arse Twin Peaks style story.

Sekiro and Control were competing for the Game of the Year awards in 2019. Sekiro won the big one, but Control won many others

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is Sekiro. Ridiculously difficult, but amazing.

Side note, if you haven't played it yet, you should try Control. It's basically Jedi without lightsabers, but with a weird arse Twin Peaks style story.

Sekiro and Control were competing for the Game of the Year awards in 2019. Sekiro won the big one, but Control won many others

Whooo thanks Hacky I see similarities with fighting techniques, the ‘“tree” in Sekiro.. looks amazing..sheesh! I’d definitely have to make a script to modify its controls.. fantastic world!

Control.. The Hiss freaky.. and telekinesis is always a winner.. Jedi vibes with this..like Dead Space..Great stuff..

Very interested.. Sekiro being the standout.
Hey did you ever play Commandos? In particular the first sequel Men of Courage? I loved it.. there is a game now out called War Mongrels on Xbox, very similar..thinking of getting it..check the trailer out..

ps. Thanks for pointing me to those games

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whooo thanks Hacky I see similarities with fighting techniques, the ‘“tree” in Sekiro.. looks amazing..sheesh! I’d definitely have to make a script to modify its controls.. fantastic world!

Control.. The Hiss freaky.. and telekinesis is always a winner.. Jedi vibes with this..like Dead Space..Great stuff..

Very interested.. Sekiro being the standout.
Hey did you ever play Commandos? In particular the first sequel Men of Courage? I loved it.. there is a game now out called War Mongrels on Xbox, very similar..thinking of getting it..check the trailer out..

ps. Thanks for pointing me to those games
Loved Commandos. Never heard of War Mongrels but it looks great. Will definitely have to check it out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I will give you one warning. Sekiro is made by From Software. Famous for their Souls games. I have finished every one of their souls games, and Platinumed most. Their games are considered some of the hardest games of all time.

The Soulsbourne era FromSoft games include:

Demon's Souls (the original PS3 game and PS5 remaster)
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne (possibly my favourite game of all time)
Elden Ring (probably my equal favourite game of all time)
Sekiro

Personally, I thought Sekiro was the hardest game they have released. All the other games have things you can do to adapt the game to your playstyle and make it easier. Sekiro is just brutal. Learn to have ninja reflexes or fail.

It took me forever to finish it. When I did, I decided to go for the Platinum. I made it to the later bosses and gave up, because they are just ridiculously hard on normal mode. On New Game plus they are near impossible.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey @Hacky McAxe did you check War Mongrels?
Not yet. Very little gaming time right now so any free time is either quickly doing post-game stuff in Jedi Survivor, or playing a bit of Tears of the Kingdom. But I also have Dead Space remake and Resident Evil 4 remake waiting for me, along with about 30 other games. Plan to fit War Mongrels in there somewhere. Hopefully soon.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not yet. Very little gaming time right now so any free time is either quickly doing post-game stuff in Jedi Survivor, or playing a bit of Tears of the Kingdom. But I also have Dead Space remake and Resident Evil 4 remake waiting for me, along with about 30 other games. Plan to fit War Mongrels in there somewhere. Hopefully soon.
Nice..I’ve had my fill of zombies.. Resident Evil 2 did it for me..such an outstanding remake I just can’t take on anymore of those decaying bastards..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice..I’ve had my fill of zombies.. Resident Evil 2 did it for me..such an outstanding remake I just can’t take on anymore of those decaying bastards..
Yep. They are overdone. But Dead Space and Resi 4 are two of the greatest games of all time. And the remakes are even better than the original. Hard to pass up.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. They are overdone. But Dead Space and Resi 4 are two of the greatest games of all time. And the remakes are even better than the original. Hard to pass up.
I loved the original Dead Space and Resident 4.. just outstanding games.. Truth is Hacky I’ve lost my nerve..Re 2 crunched me..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It has a few performance issues here and there, but overall a great game. It gets better as you go on. And it has one of the greatest sequences I have seen in a game.
Hacky I think I just played the sequence.. so i don’t wreck it for everyone..it’s with Merrin? It was absolutely phenomenal..

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just started. Whats the best stance? Any early game skills tip?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Comes down to personal preference. I preferred single Saber stance most of my playthrough, but the darth maul stance is great for fighting many enemies at once, and the dual Saber stance is great for certain situations where you need speed.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t just attack with your lightsaber..blocking enemies blows is just as vital as it ‘stuns’ and weakens them too.. When they stunned you can hit them and cause good damage..

As for stances I like the Double-Blade Darth Maul style for its ability to interact with a number of enemies and at speed.. I also like the Crossguard Kylo Ren style..great for defence just slow in attack..but when it hits it packs a punch..

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once I put down my copy of Tears of the Kingdom - I will be playing this for sure.

Really enjoyed the first - although, for an RPG, it was one I cared little for when it came to "replay" value. That's a huge one for me when it comes to quality games... would I invest more time into this by playing again ie - God of War, GOW: Ragnarok, FF series, other Zelda games.

The ending of the original was boss AF tho

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgot to add. If you go single lightsaber stance, spec into the jump attack. It does way too much damage.