Rumour Jaydn SaU anybody?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard a lil snippet but unsure bout truth behind it. But I like the idea!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I advocated for him last season, most said no... but now we have unearthed Preston we don't need him.

The reason I most wanted Sua at the time is that our edges looked weak other than Kikau.

As Sua actually gets involved taking hard carries making over 100m on avg. it would have been beneficial for our lacklustre middle third.

So yeah unless hes willing to turn into a middle forward, he would offer no benefit to us at all really.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Possibly. I was keen on him before he signed with the Dragons

Outside Kikau and Preston, our backrow options are RFM, Waddell, Topine and we already released Davey

The way I look at it is would he be an improvement on what we have got...yes

If we could get him as a straight replacement for Waddell, absolutely

I think RFM and Topine are still on contract next year but if Gus could somehow shuffle them out , Sua would definitely give us a harder edge in the backrow

Kikau, Preston and Sua as our backrow options suddenly looks alot stronger

Yes we need props as a priority, but if this was a straight replacement for one of our current backrowers and didn't effect our prop recruitment, then I'd take him

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would definitely take Sua, wonder how Preston would go at 13.

Reactions: ATT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would definitely take Sua, wonder how Preston would go at 13.
I'd like to see Preston at 13. But if that were to happen, we'd need a front rower like AFB to compensate.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes add some starch to our forward pack. If at write price though

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great defender, but we need Middles - I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re making a strong play for JWH, Born leader, intimidator, experienced and will lead a forward pack through his aggression. I’ve heard he’s an animal of a trainer too so he’d hold others accountable.

Quite Sure Gus would also have eyes on players like Hame Sele, Wiremu Greig, Emre Guler etc.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The pack would need some shuffling, maybe Su’a at 13 and then RFM goes to the bench and into the Prop rotation? While we have a heap of back rowers already and need more upfront, sometimes you can only get the best available at the time and work with that.

Last edited:

Evil

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Great defender, but we need Middles - I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re making a strong play for JWH, Born leader, intimidator, experienced and will lead a forward pack through his aggression. I’ve heard he’s an animal of a trainer too so he’d hold others accountable.
JWH would ensure we never lost our title of most penalised team

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JWH would ensure we never lost our title of most penalised team
Right now, we have the title of “fairy’s”… not sure what’s better, either way, we either run and tackle with some purpose consistently or we get blokes in who can.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly. I was keen on him before he signed with the Dragons

Outside Kikau and Preston, our backrow options are RFM, Waddell, Topine and we already released Davey

The way I look at it is would he be an improvement on what we have got...yes

If we could get him as a straight replacement for Waddell, absolutely

I think RFM and Topine are still on contract next year but if Gus could somehow shuffle them out , Sua would definitely give us a harder edge in the backrow

Kikau, Preston and Sua as our backrow options suddenly looks alot stronger

Yes we need props as a priority, but if this was a straight replacement for one of our current backrowers and didn't effect our prop recruitment, then I'd take him
He won’t be a straight swap for Waddell though. It’s reported Su’a is on 600k, Waddell would likely be on half of that

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He won’t be a straight swap for Waddell though. It’s reported Su’a is on 600k, Waddell would likely be on half of that
Ahh ok, didn't realise Sua was on that much

Still, if Gus can somehow move on a few of our plodders to bring in a quality player and maybe promote a young forward it could be done

Anyway i am sure Gus and CC are well aware of our shortcomings and hopefully have plans in place

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good player but we're stacked for backrowers. Plus he's apparently on too much coin so no go

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tough player. Was a big fan of his. Him and the south’s plays that a can’t spell him name are high up on my list as players I like to watch. But like others have said halfback and props are our glaring weakness. Not that second row is an out and out strength Preston and kiks are great but we fall off dramatically with Waddell and okunbor :p

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough player. Was a big fan of his. Him and the south’s plays that a can’t spell him name are high up on my list as players I like to watch. But like others have said halfback and props are our glaring weakness. Not that second row is an out and out strength Preston and kiks are great but we fall off dramatically with Waddell and okunbor :p
Most teams second rowers play 80 minutes, so I'd say the same is true for almost every nrl squad.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh ok, didn't realise Sua was on that much

Still, if Gus can somehow move on a few of our plodders to bring in a quality player and maybe promote a young forward it could be done

Anyway i am sure Gus and CC are well aware of our shortcomings and hopefully have plans in place
Yeah when dragons got him he was an origin player. Gone a bit downhill since he joined them, but for the right price I’d definitely have him over Waddell

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone saying we are staked with back rowers lol our top 4 backrowers at the club are Kiks, Preston, Waddell and Okunbur. We are not staked