Rumour Jayden Sullivan

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Faaark no!
Too much of a wanker to wear the blue n white.
We nearly won a comp with the grub of all grubs Ben Barba . Never had an issue with him wearing our blue white cause he could play .
I m not interested in no dickhead policy signing of players, I just want winners who can play .

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think
so if this is true, who are we releasing to make for him? Flannigan wont go to play reserve grade. By the way, Sullivan is massively over rated, if he was any good he would stay and fight his spot instead of being a spoilt brat soft cock like Sloan
its asking for trouble signing a young unproven halfback.....and if has has signed a contract until 2025 than ffs honour it and stop sooking for a release...players always asking for a release pisses me off

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i think
its asking for trouble signing a young unproven halfback.....and if has has signed a contract until 2025 than ffs honour it and stop sooking for a release...players always asking for a release pisses me off
Agree

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sullivan situation (Danny Weidler)

The move to get Jayden Sullivan out of the Dragons may come back to assurances the club gave to Sullivan and his family during negotiations which took place on a Zoom call. When his deal was being done the message was clear – Ben Hunt would not be at the club beyond 2023. The club obviously didn’t have faith in Hunt, who then produced his best season and earned a new deal. This has the potential to get messy.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s asked for a second release now.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St George Illawarra’s woes continue with one of the club’s brightest prospects asking to be released from his contract.

Via Telegraph Sport Michael Carayannis

St George Illawarra half Jayden Sullivan has again requested a formal release from the final three years of his Dragons contract.

It is understood Sullivan’s management wrote to St George Illawarra bosses on Friday afternoon wanting an immediate exit.

It is the second time this month Sullivan has officially asked to leave the club. Canterbury are circling Sullivan despite the 21-year-old being contracted to the Dragons until the end of 2025.

Sullivan formally asked for a release to leave the Dragons earlier this month – a day after skipper Ben Hunt inked a rich two year-extension.

The Dragons instantly rejected the request and were aware Sullivan would want an early exit if the club retained Hunt. It is understood Sullivan’s management has told the club that Sullivan is having mental health problems as a result of uncertainty surrounding his future. He also wants a crack at starting at halfback.

His path at the Dragons is blocked by Hunt whose new deal keeps him at the club until the end of the 2025 season.

The final two years of Sullivan’s contract is worth about $1 million.

Sullivan was largely used as a bench utility this year and filled in at hooker. He has no intention of playing dummy half after starting just one game at halfback this season.

St George Illawarra boss Ryan Webb wrote to Dragons members in recent days confirming that Sullivan and fellow rising star Tyrell Sloan wanted out of the club.

“It is unfortunate that we have had formal release requests from two of our young players in Tyrell Sloan and Jayden Sullivan,” Webb wrote.

“From a club perspective, we do not want to release either of these young men as the club has put years of resources towards the development of them both and see them as playing large roles in our future.

“At the crux of this they are both seeking more consistent first grade exposure while, as a football club, we must balance player development with the need to win and these two aims don’t always perfectly align.”

New Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo addressed the Sullivan rumours in his first press conference as Wednesday.

“I haven’t met Jayden,” Ciraldo said.

“I know there was some chat before I signed. Rosters are going to change over time. We will make decisions in the best interests of the club.”

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
St George Illawarra’s woes continue with one of the club’s brightest prospects asking to be released from his contract.

Via Telegraph Sport Michael Carayannis

St George Illawarra half Jayden Sullivan has again requested a formal release from the final three years of his Dragons contract.

It is understood Sullivan’s management wrote to St George Illawarra bosses on Friday afternoon wanting an immediate exit.

It is the second time this month Sullivan has officially asked to leave the club. Canterbury are circling Sullivan despite the 21-year-old being contracted to the Dragons until the end of 2025.

Sullivan formally asked for a release to leave the Dragons earlier this month – a day after skipper Ben Hunt inked a rich two year-extension.

The Dragons instantly rejected the request and were aware Sullivan would want an early exit if the club retained Hunt. It is understood Sullivan’s management has told the club that Sullivan is having mental health problems as a result of uncertainty surrounding his future. He also wants a crack at starting at halfback.

His path at the Dragons is blocked by Hunt whose new deal keeps him at the club until the end of the 2025 season.

The final two years of Sullivan’s contract is worth about $1 million.

Sullivan was largely used as a bench utility this year and filled in at hooker. He has no intention of playing dummy half after starting just one game at halfback this season.

St George Illawarra boss Ryan Webb wrote to Dragons members in recent days confirming that Sullivan and fellow rising star Tyrell Sloan wanted out of the club.

“It is unfortunate that we have had formal release requests from two of our young players in Tyrell Sloan and Jayden Sullivan,” Webb wrote.

“From a club perspective, we do not want to release either of these young men as the club has put years of resources towards the development of them both and see them as playing large roles in our future.

“At the crux of this they are both seeking more consistent first grade exposure while, as a football club, we must balance player development with the need to win and these two aims don’t always perfectly align.”

New Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo addressed the Sullivan rumours in his first press conference as Wednesday.

“I haven’t met Jayden,” Ciraldo said.

“I know there was some chat before I signed. Rosters are going to change over time. We will make decisions in the best interests of the club.”
500k a year? What the actual fuck is wrong with the Dragons? LOL. Also pulling the mental health card because he isn't starting halfback ahead of a QLD and Australian rep :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't like all these players asking for releases or clubs threatening reserve grade if they don't go elsewhere. It is WAY past time the NRL said that both parties need to stick to the contract terms except in exceptional circumstances. Why are so many people coming down with mental health problems if they don't get what they want?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don't like all these players asking for releases or clubs threatening reserve grade if they don't go elsewhere. It is WAY past time the NRL said that both parties need to stick to the contract terms except in exceptional circumstances. Why are so many people coming down with mental health problems if they don't get what they want?
is this not exceptional? He signed a contract based on written and verbal terms. One of the major terms has since changed.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
is this not exceptional? He signed a contract based on written and verbal terms. One of the major terms has since changed.
Especially if that was a negotiation tactic to get him to sign than if Dragons move in a different direction, nothing wrong with Sullivan wanting to move in a different direction too