Other News Source Jayden Sullivan

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

If you are going to diss the bloke, at least make an attempt to make your trash talk somewhat believable.

I'll repeat - best passing game at the club, and it ain't even close.
Haha. You're still living in the past from one half of his first game. Can you post some of the highlights of his brilliant passing from his last 30 plus games please?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha. You're still living in the past from one half of his first game. Can you post some of the highlights of his brilliant passing from his last 30 plus games please?
I don’t make the YouTube vids, I just share them. But the ‘gun produced plenty of highlights in 2022…. I’m sure the next season highlights package is coming.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I can tell you're trying to be funny.... but come on, bro....read my response to @Robbothedestroyer and try to reply to it with some semblance of logic. I dare you.

All our players looked below their best under Barrett (even Burton looked average before he was given the flick). I already showed signs of improvement after the club parted ways with him. Does it not stand to reason that I could improve further in the off season if given the right coaching and mentorship.

There is no sense in panic releasing players, any more than there is sense in panic buying.

Jayden Sullivan certainly isn't going to turn us into a premiership force....at least not next year, possibly not ever. And the dude seems to have an attitude issue and sense of entitlement.

Logical reply. Come on, buddy. Just give it a shot.
Let's get one thing straight, I don't "try to be funny", I speak fluent sarcasm so funny comes natural to me. I am glad that you challenged me for a reply so don't go all Karen on me if the answer upsets you. You are our No7, scrum half/ first receiver, good now we have established that, are you even aware of the role of a traditional rugby league halfback. Being the first receiver you are the linchpin of the teams attack, you are the one that begins an attacking raid by directing the ball to the players that you see are in a good position to exploit the oppositions defence. Throughout the game it's your job to read the play and detect any weaknesses in the defence and plan our attack. This is a skill that's not taught you either have the gift or you don't. A new coach will only bring you up to speed on his game plan he can't "teach" you how to be a half. So it's up to you. Show us what your made of or graciously accept the fact you are not up to the task because up to this point you haven't convinced anybody that you are the real deal. I doubt the real Kyle Flanagan will ever read this anyway.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's get one thing straight, I don't "try to be funny", I speak fluent sarcasm so funny comes natural to me. I am glad that you challenged me for a reply so don't go all Karen on me if the answer upsets you. You are our No7, scrum half/ first receiver, good now we have established that, are you even aware of the role of a traditional rugby league halfback. Being the first receiver you are the linchpin of the teams attack, you are the one that begins an attacking raid by directing the ball to the players that you see are in a good position to exploit the oppositions defence. Throughout the game it's your job to read the play and detect any weaknesses in the defence and plan our attack. This is a skill that's not taught you either have the gift or you don't. A new coach will only bring you up to speed on his game plan he can't "teach" you how to be a half. So it's up to you. Show us what your made of or graciously accept the fact you are not up to the task because up to this point you haven't convinced anybody that you are the real deal. I doubt the real Kyle Flanagan will ever read this anyway.
Keep your posts coming ODF!

You always have me In stitches

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I’m asking for is that chance. Some people might be surprised…
Don't take notice of the haters Gun, I've heard there is a swap deal with DCE as Womenly is struggling with the cash,
I am assuming you already know :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol fair enough. I actually quite like your sarcasm. But come on, bro. I’m the one being a Karen? I’m not the one doing all this pearl clutching over Flano and blaming him for everything tgst is wrong with the team - including many problems which preceded his arrival. That’s what many of the people on here are doing.

You are not really describing the way most halfbacks play these days. The game has changed. Usually the halfback controls one side and the five eighth controls the other. Burton has struggled to control the side this year too, because he had Barrett over complicating things for the first half of the season, and was playing behind a badly beaten forward pack for the whole season.

Flano may not have it…. But he was a highly rated junior and all players need the right mentorship to help them build confidence and shine in first grade, whether they have “it”
or not. Like most sports, league is a game of confidence, and the more his confidence has grown, the better Flano has played. It’s not unreasonable to suggest Barrett’s convoluted game plan and Robinson’s lack of patience have hindered the kid’s development. And Flano is not the only young half who has been dropped by Robinson. I don’t think Robinson is a great coach. He’s the type who nerds a blank cheque book snd team full of superstars to shine.

I do think it is a bit unreasonable to suggest we should sign a kid who is not even as good as Flano at this stage just to get rid of the latter.

Flano is almost certainly going to be our first choice halfback next year, so I think people should just stop shitcanning the bloke and wait to see what he can do in a hopefully much improved team.

Neither of our two most recent grand final halfbacks were the type of player you described above, by the way. Hodkindon was never a dynamic bell player. He was an “organiser” who was often under involved and forced to leave the organising to his forwards due to Hasler’s coaching strategy and his ailing body, and Kris Keating was pretty much just a link man.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
There isn’t a 7 in the nrl or even a up and coming 7 in the nrl that isn’t better than Flanagan. Still no need to replace Trash with trash. Lichaa with jmk. Lewis with flopagun.

Time to aim for an actual nrl quality player like we did with Mahoney.

I’m confident with Gus at the helm and the fact he’s on record saying 7 and 1 are our targets we will make sure Mahoney and burton are joined with other quality players in the spine and remove the flops in flopagun and if averilo fails to step up him to.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Gun"... you may not have noticed that in my post I said 'traditional' halfback. Yes the game has, and is still evolving but, for such a simple game the administrators keep over complicating things trying to sell the game to an audience that is not interested. That's how I see it anyway. To make Rugby League entertaining all they needed to do was remove the thuggery, the dangerous tackles and any attacking of a player above the shoulders. Where the traditional gameplay of key positions is probably lost, is by coaches trying to find loopholes to circumvent all the stupid rules being put into place.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sullivan withdraws request to exit Dragons

Jayden Sullivan has withdrawn his request for a release from St George Illawarra, with the young playmaker committing to see out his contract with the NRL club.

Still contracted until the end of 2025, Sullivan had asked to be released earlier this month following an approach to play No.7 at Canterbury.

The Dragons had long indicated they were hesitant to let the 21-year-old go, even after re-signing halfback Ben Hunt on a new two-year deal until the end of 2025.

However AAP has been told that Sullivan has now retracted his request, with a change of heart after talks with the club in recent weeks.

Sullivan made his debut for St George Illawarra in 2020, but spent most of last season coming off the bench and playing dummy-half with Hunt starring at halfback.

Hunt's new deal had prompted concerns that Sullivan's path to the No.7 jersey would be blocked, and that he should look elsewhere for that shot.

However the Dragons have told Sullivan they still see him as the long-term option, and there is no reason why can't claim the jersey sooner.

One alternative could include Hunt eventually moving to hooker, given he stars there for Queensland in State of Origin.

The news comes as a welcome relief to the Dragons, who have had their culture questioned in recent weeks.

But there is a hope within the club that they have now shown they are able to connect with their younger players.

Sullivan, Tyrell Sloan and Talatau Amone have long been seen as the future of the NRL club.

Sloan earlier this week also revealed he had withdrawn his request for a release, after he committed until the end of 2025 earlier this year but played just four games as fullback this season.

Amone meanwhile has developed into a rising star, impressing more and more at five-eighth late in 2022 and is already signed until the end of 2024.

The Dragons' culture had been called into question in recent weeks, with several body blows landed on coach Anthony Griffin from exiting players since Monday.

Griffin is off-contract at the end of 2023, with significant chunks of his football department changing over the current off-season.

However in more positive news for the club, they have also welcomed premiership-winner Ben Creagh to the board this week with director Peter Black stepping aside.
Find it surprising that would be it. Thinking this will all flare up again mid season.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find it surprising that would be it. Thinking this will all flare up again mid season.
I'm thinking it was a nice sit down meeting with stern words "you're contracted to us till 2025, and aren't going anywhere, if you deliberately fail to perform you will be stood down without pay, but remain contracted to the club."

Or something like that. Club sounds like they put him back in his place well and truly.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't it come out that they managed to douse the flames of Sullivan and Sloan wanting out, by telling them that Griffin is gone after 2023?