Jayden Okunbor

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What does Crichton have to do with any if this? If anything he supports my belief that we don't don't need to be spending that sort of money on backs.
I'm using Crichton as an example cause most clubs at the top are paying good money for their backs. Our backs have been absolute shit for years. I'm sick of the slugs we signed previously. Yes, it's all good to bring your juniors through but if the ones you have are shit, you need to go shopping for better ones. The only junior that I know is worth keeping from backs at this point is Alamoti but he is only "potential" at this stage. We need strike weapons now. Do you want to keep watching Hoppa for the next 5yrs?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm using Crichton as an example cause most clubs at the top are paying good money for their backs. Our backs have been absolute shit for years. I'm sick of the slugs we signed previously. Yes, it's all good to bring your juniors through but if the ones you have are shit, you need to go shopping for better ones. The only junior that I know is worth keeping from backs at this point is Alamoti but he is only "potential" at this stage. We need strike weapons now. Do you want to keep watching Hoppa for the next 5yrs?
Crichton is bad business, why use him as an example? You don't need to spending millions of $$$ to not have shit outside backs lol.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Okenbur has deactivated his social Media accounts because of threats and racist messages he was getting after the Titans game.

People need to calm tf down. There’s constructive criticism and then there’s unacceptable behaviour.
Thats totally fkd up. I cant stand his performances but thats over the top. Probably kids.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton is bad business, why use him as an example? You don't need to spending millions of $$$ to not have shit outside backs lol.
Used Crichton cause we were after him when he was on the market but Penrith wanted him and paid top dollar. So, it's not us only that is paying big money for backs....and guess where Penrith are on the table and where are we.
I'm always of the belief...you get what you pay for! You pay bananas and you get monkeys.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Used Crichton cause we were after him when he was on the market but Penrith wanted him and paid top dollar. So, it's not us only that is paying big money for backs....and guess where Penrith are on the table and where are we.
I'm always of the belief...you get what you pay for! You pay bananas and you get monkeys.
What about Storm? They're not spending this sort of coin. Facts are that forward pack and spine are far more important than outside backs, fortunately we've had Vaughan and TPJ pop up on the market to help rebuild our forward pack. I don't even think JAC will play on the wing anyway..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Weak character is revealed when people can't handle stuff that upsets them without lashing out with lies and attempts at being offensive.
Previously and on numerous occasions I expressed disappointment in the way some people on TK behave.
Regardless if we agree or disagree on issues or with others disrespect shouldn't be the answer !!!
You've got to feel sorry for this kind.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well i did see Gus say last nite there is no quick fix to narrowing the gap between the top 6 and the numerous capcatchers...
Yes there is, It's called massive TPAs :grinning:
Just ask the Rorters :frowning:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There isn't really a fix at all under these new rules, the game in its current state is broken and there just isn't really a contest between attack and defence anymore.
A quick fix of going from wooden spoon to top 6 over a pre season, can be achieved. Needs a bit of luck but with good recruitment n coaching it can happen. There will be players currently in junior comps ready to step up next year, with covid it is more difficult for them but they are there. Bbo hasn't played any NSW cup

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has there been a more uncerwardanted footballer in the history of the game.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK got 2nd in NRL's list of most watched tries for 2021. Regardless of whatever else is said about him (and there is a lot), this is one heck of an entry for any highlights reel.

My favourite part isn't included, it was when Mrs Badge (the touchey) told him afterwards that she saw it, yup, definitely a try live.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OK got 2nd in NRL's list of most watched tries for 2021. Regardless of whatever else is said about him (and there is a lot), this is one heck of an entry for any highlights reel.

My favourite part isn't included, it was when Mrs Badge (the touchey) told him afterwards that she saw it, yup, definitely a try live.
That was an epic put down thats for sure!!!
Im certainly a part of the minority, bit i still think he has massive potential. I hope he can reach it somehow.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he can change his running style,by lowering his centre of gravity a little before the line, it will stop tacklers getting under the ball and driving him back.
Having a full pre season will be the key. He will have an enormous year, Burton's pin point kicks to a waiting Okunbor will be a try scoring bonanza!!

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t really have preseason this year think he needs to get down and dirty have a go this year, he will be tested with kick returns, genuine pace and support play next season.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get down lower Eric Grothe style!.Should go well was rusty as hell/hesitant on return and made decent improvement by years end, a very good back up hope he kills it too..and hope there are no more weak ***** trolling this bloke on socials ever again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He's like a budget version of Origi. Looks like he's going to fall asleep on the field and then pulls something out of his arse lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a great highlight but he's nothing more than a Reserve Grade player. He has a lot of flaws in his game that haven't been corrected in three years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get down lower Eric Grothe style!.Should go well was rusty as hell/hesitant on return and made decent improvement by years end, a very good back up hope he kills it too..and hope there are no more weak ***** trolling this bloke on socials ever again.
Needs a tough mentor in his ear every training session. Could be anything if he got some aggression.

Peter Mortimer get Louie up here to teach OK how to run over opposition and bully his way to the line.