Rumour Jayden Okunbor News

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm as bad as you seem to be suggesting, logic would dictate that putting me in the "shop window" would only make it harder to get rid of me. I think that's nonsense, man. If Gus thought BBO was ready, he'd be in the team.

And no, nothing wrong with playing an 18 year old at halfback if they are ready, but halfbacks seldom are at that age. We don't really need a great kicking game out of Flanno with Burton doing almost all of our kicking, but the few kicks he put in on the weekend were mostly alright. His running game is not non existent, he has been taking the line on more this year and that is benefiting his passing game, which is good - clearly his biggest strength.

He quite simply isn't as bad as so many of you suggest, and he's our halfback at least until the end of the year. Very possibly in 2023 too. As long as people keep blasting him with over the top criticism, I'll keep blowing his trumpet.

You'd think after ll the disappointment we've had in recent years, people could just enjoy the past two wins and stop being negative for a bit.
Your spot on - he is currently playing his role well - the team is winning and has improved attack wise since he came in . Unfortunately the judge , jury and executioners on the kennel will never pardon him no matter how well the team goes with him staring the ship

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus doesn't miss much, and he knows the value of a salary cap quid. He won't be rushing to unload either of them if he has to pay any of the freight.

Also, they have both improved during Potter's stewardship, I get the impression Flanno is beginning to feel he belongs in the team, and this is reflecting in his play. Allan apparently didn't miss many meals during his time out - Julius Caesar would have approved of him! But he is starting to slim down as he gets back to match fitness.
Still runs like a slug - how many more kgs does he have to loose to be at an acceptable 1st grade speed?

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still runs like a slug - how many more kgs does he have to loose to be at an acceptable 1st grade speed?
That's a bit harsh. He's a big frame , big bones body type. He wouldn't look like a greyhound (or run like one), if he had just come back from building the Burma Railway. But he can still do a job for us.

Reactions: CCC

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy has no lateral movement when transiting in defence and constantly drops the ball. He rarely uses his size to his advantage.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brenko Lee was even shit for us. Overrated in my book.
I rate him. Was pissed off we let him go. He then ends up in Melb after a stint at Titans and wins a comp. Has taken a while to overcome injury and fitness at Broncos, but now that he's in the team and proven himself to kevvie, he should be able to stay there unless Staggs or Farnworth return

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be surprised if Okenturd can find a team in super league who would want him.