News Jayden Okunbor is fighting to repay the faith of Bulldogs fans (NBN News)

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simples, flick a few like meaney dwz okonbur etc
1. Allen
2. Foxy
3. Staggs
4. Averillo
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
That would be the best dogs backline i can ever remember

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Never impressed me if I'm honest and don't usually bother to comment on him. Most times I sit here and wonder what everyone's on about.

Like a lot of Dogs players of the last 4 years or so, very lucky to have played FG. Wouldn't make the team of any top 10 -12 clubs in the NRL at a minimum. Happy for him to prove me wrong though.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the school girls scandal has made Jayden realise what he almost lost career wise. The saying “You don’t know what you have got until its gone” Imo will see Jayden very appreciative for his second chance and come back playing some of his best footy yet! That’s if all goes well with his injury.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
I think the school girls scandal has made Jayden realise what he almost lost career wise. The saying “You don’t know what you have got until its gone” Imo will see Jayden very appreciative for his second chance and come back playing some of his best footy yet! That’s if all goes well with his injury.
It might be a scandal to some but love is not a scandal to God

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I like the fact Jayden Okunbor manned up and accepted his error in judgement unlike the other stooge CHN who's option was some lame excuse taking the cowards way by dodging his Bulldogs team mates for a move to another club.

Jayden has the chance to write his own redemption story when he returns from injury but definitely showed glimpses on the back end of the season

It appears to be working hard in his recovery which tells me he takes nothing for granted and will make the best when the opportunity presents itself on his return wherever TBaz thinks he will be best utilised.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't care anymore. Hopa, Okunbor can say whatever. I understand they have to churn out this shit because theyre obligated to in their contracts but
Okunbur interview when he wont be seen for the 1st half of the season? who cares.
Positions wont be handed out like they have been in previous years so blokes are gonna have to earn their spots now or they're goinskis.
Just glad we've finally arrived at a place where you'll be selected/re-signed on form.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flirtatious situations regarding any adult and a minor is a scandal. The fact that Jayden is in the public eye and is a role model to many people especially kids had to be dealt with harsh consequences! I am gob smacked by your statement “love is not a scandal to god” wt-?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isnt anywhere near as bad as people in here are making him out to be on field, Most players with the same amount of experience get caught out defensively/make errors, Averillo has achieved less and people are happy to turn a blind eye to how soft he was/ how bad he was in defense last season.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a tricky one because he has potential but he needs to improve quite a bit to nail down a FG spot. He needs to cut out the stupid mistakes (we already have DWZ for that), fix his defence and most importantly harden the fuck up and not be scared of the contact.

Blokes like Oko and TRex are so annoying to watch because they have big frames but they run like schoolgirls. I can understand why Meaney is scared of contact, because he's built like a twig, but there is no excuse for Oko to be scared. He also needs to be more decisive in his runs because whenever he's in the clear he hesitates for a split second and almost stops in his tracks (especially in front of the try line). He bombed a couple of tries during his short career because of it.

We need to see how he performs before offering him a contract. In saying that he did look good in the 3 games he played last year so hopefully he has improved because he could be a weapon for us

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had all the physical attributes but was poor at the basics. Then he got himself in trouble and then he did his ACL. I don’t expect him to play much more first grade in an improved side unless he goes back to trying to be a second rower.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flirtatious situations regarding any adult and a minor is a scandal. The fact that Jayden is in the public eye and is a role model to many people especially kids had to be dealt with harsh consequences! I am gob smacked by your statement “love is not a scandal to god” wt-?
The guys a troll or a fcuk wit
Don’t bother
Bored Kent
Let him be

Malla

Reaction score
Good luck to him.
He went about it the right way. Made a mistake, got dealt the consequences and put his head down and worked hard to get back on track. Unlike the other flog CHN who chose to run away the issue without taking accountability and responsibility for his actions. Tried to play the sob story to the media, painted us as the bad people. Anyway now look at him, just a piece of shit that will be lucky to play another 50 games in first grade. Glad he left us, did us a favour.

On Okunbor, If he keeps working hard, a wing spot is his for the taking. Our best 17 definitely has him on the wing, especially the way he played when he returned last year before the injury.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Whats the legal age for sex? How old was she?

If it was with a minor would he not be in jail?

So he back playing NRL so once again the mobs comments are incorrect! I suggest you people be careful of what you say because if it was a crime he'd be locked up not playing NRL

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I appreciate your honesty and opinion mate
I just don’t rate him at all
Coming through the junior system watched him heaps and has always promised a lot and delivered little
Hope he can prove me wrong and kill it
I hope so too mate. I’ve always felt he doesn’t realise how big and powerful he is and has trouble finding the try like, often getting held up because he doesn’t get low enough.
This year should be make or break for him at the club

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He could be a good bench player, covers backline or in short stints in the forwards

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s rubbish
Feet for hands
Weak shirt grabber tackler
Always out of position
Surplus to needs

I’d keep cotric and foxxx as wingers moving forward
Don’t disagree. Who would you have then as centres from next year on?