News Jayden Okunbor is fighting to repay the faith of Bulldogs fans (NBN News)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers for sharing. Im a massive fan of his. He made a dumb mistake, but if he can put that behind him and then get back on the field this year, hopefully his best days are ahead of him. He could develop into a real weapon for us if he hasnt lost too much, if any speed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn’t a fan early on and was dirty on him for Port Mac but unlike CHN he took it on the chin and let his footy do the talking which was showing at the back end of last year. With improved handling hopefully his size/strength creates some decent finishes, especially with better players inside him. Good luck JO.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Good stuff from Okka. Just manned up & took ownership of his actions & is putting the work in looking to repay the faith. His hands improved last year but once he can learn how to get down low at the try line & learns the art of finshing he will be absolutely lethal in attack.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon that mop on his head hinders his ability.. he should cut it off if he wants to get serious about league..

I think he has a lot of potential, just needs some consistency..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It can sometimes take up to 12 months after returning to the field for someone to start playing their best footy after a ACL so I think this year could be a write off for Jayden. At least he should be able to hit the ground running in 22 if he’s still around.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ditto i also hope he comes back strong and stays healthy, should go well in the 2nd half of this season i reckon.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He made a massive difference in the limited games he played last year. Great yards out of our red zone and huge threat in the air.

Addo Carr left wing next year. Okonbur right wing

DWZ an expensive backup

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He owes us hes got a long way yet to repay the faith

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Too bad hes injured I think he’s due to come good especially in a decent side. Could be a centre option

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can't see Okunbor playing any position but winger. I also don't think he'll feature much next year unless we were to move DWZ on. I think ideally we re-sign him for at least 2 years if he's playing well when he returns from injury and if DWZ continues how he has been and Okunbor still looks the goods that wing spot is all his in 2023.