Jayden Okunbor fighting for career

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BULLDOGS BAD-BOY FIGHTING FOR CAREER
Remember Jayden Okunbor, the speedy Bulldogs outside back?

The 24-year-old has been plagued by knee injuries over the past 12 months and hasn't stepped onto the field yet this season.

But the local junior, who was stood down early last year then reinstated months later after an unsavoury off-field incident, is set to return to the field within the next fortnight.

The pressure will be on Okunbor - he is unsigned for next year, so he needs to show something in the second half of the season to land a new deal.

The tall winger has the ability but the Dogs will closely monitor how he performs coming back from his knee issues.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
nah fuck that B, one or two in reggies then he can replace Tui who we definitely aren't keeping..no loss on a wing there even if he is slightly underdone.Give him a bit more time to prove himself OR re-sign him anyway on low $$ for next year and take it slow with him coming back.
Reckon he is worth keeping, might be a bit more resilient too now as a possible back row option IF he has toughened up show some of our cats like Elliott Doorey Waddle and co. how to hit it up hard.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nah fuck that B, one or two in reggies then he can replace Tui who we definitely aren't keeping..no loss on a wing there even if he is slightly underdone.Give him a bit more time to prove himself OR re-sign him anyway on low $$ for next year and take it slow with him coming back.
Reckon he is worth keeping, might be a bit more resilient too now as a possible back row option IF he has toughened up show some of our cats like Elliott Doorey Waddle and co. how to hit it up hard.
I'd like to see him get as many games as possible to get a good look at him too but we don't want the kid re-injuring his knee or rushing back too soon. It depends on how he plays in Reserves and how his knee holds up I guess.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the type of injury he had usually affect lateral movement - he cant afford to lose any lateral mobility - was already an issue for him

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh i just think for the right money he is worth keeping.

Agree B dont want to rush him thats for sure, id hate to see the bloke not hold up.
I'd like to see him given another deal i think he offers something positive to the squad in one or two other positions potentially as the wings look taken

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t see him costing too much or having alot of other offers on the table. For depth it would be worth signing for another 12mths and maybe club option for a 2nd year. See how he bounces back from this knee injury and how his form goes over the next 6-12mths.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Hoping he bounces back alright. Would love to see him starting by the end of the year. Avo kicking for him would be great.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it's a choice between a raw okunbor and a seasoned Tui Katoa.. I'll still pick Jayden even after a 24 month lay off
exactly it's unknown if Oky has real x factor but he might..the other fella does not period.