News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unlike the Napa and Elliot incidents which were sensationalized by the media, this was the club that initiated the breach of conduct proceedings.
I'm guessing that after they ran their own investigations, they could not surpress the truth. For them to alert the NRL integrity unit and with careful consideration of the players and club's welfare, speaks volumes of the nature of the breach.
The truth will come out and players might be sacked, but this is another sad and challenging moment our club must face once again. I'm devastated it's my club.
Certainly it is all “alleged” at this stage, but to be immediately stood down and made public does kinda indicate there’s something to it.

Must be absolutely horrible for their partners and families. I get the feeling Okb’s mum would be particularly devastated.

If it is true, can’t believe CHN would’ve got himself involved in something like this after seeing the crap Tyrone May went through,, yes different circumstances but it was still a sex scandal with a (then) teammate.

Hope neither of them had any desire to teach or coach kids in future, if they did initiate it at the school, they might struggle to get their working with children certificates

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great post mate you hit the nail on the head, as supporters of the club we are now once again going to cop endless shit from our friends, family and co workers, i have a six month old son and my wife and i were all geared up to take a family photo all in our doggies gear to start the season something i have been looking forward to since he was born i was going to show it off to our family and friends. We will still take the photo but its taken alot of the excitement out of it.
Thats just it isnt it. This shit sticks. Even 16 year's later you will cop shit about being rapists.
How are you meant to feel pride for your club when this shit keeps happening.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waiting to hear what Elliot and Lewis have to say on the subject lol
Lewis was asked about the scandal earlier today.
"Oh as the starting half back and long term captain of this club its very disapointing what Oko and Corey have done. Now if you'll excuse me i have to brief Dean and the staff on my expectations for training this week."
Lewis made the comments after telling Renouf Toomaga to change his weights routine and helping him correct his technique.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just hope we teach Eels a lesson, take them to ‘school’

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Breaches of codes of conduct without any illegal activities is uncommon, so there’s not a lot of precedent.
ahhemmm "Mitchel Pearce" ring a bell.

A

Alexander the Great

Some of the comments and posts on the kennel from supporters has been mind blowing. You would seriously need to question if they are actually supporters.

Demanding these players be jailed or contracts torn up and kicked from the league is just wow.

We have let the biggest grubs back into the sport. From wife bathers, to druggies the lot and you guys think this matter warrants jail time!

Pull your head in and support the players and everyone effected in this

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will sound extreme to some. But If the allegations are true. suspend both players for 12 months. This shows a strong hand. It shows the family club will not tolerate this behaviour. It also gives the club a chance to keep building towards 2021. By the time next off season comes around we get Oku and CHN back and all the heat from this incident is gone. We have more new signings and are ready to have a crack at the premiership

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This will sound extreme to some. But If the allegations are true. suspend both players for 12 months. This shows a strong hand. It shows the family club will not tolerate this behaviour. It also gives the club a chance to keep building towards 2021. By the time next off season comes around we get Oku and CHN back and all the heat from this incident is gone. We have more new signings and are ready to have a crack at the premiership
What exactly are the allegations? All I know of is taking 2 females back to their hotel rooms, nothing illegal, no complaints, just a breach of the players code of conduct.

Go Dogs

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the club needs to do a few things

1. show that anything like this is not tolerated
2. put the image of the club above that of winning football games
3. still support the players, they need to be punished severely but their well being is still important

i would sit them out of first grade for the whole year, do a bunch of community work and some probably some courses that team them more about how they should act around women, particularly vulnerable ones. maybe by mid season, you let them play some Canterbury cup and get the footy normality back into their lives

A

Alexander the Great

Not sure why we couldn't do what was done when Ben barbar punched his Mrs lights out in front of kasiano and pritchard.

They Stood him down , got him counselling to cover their own ass and pissed him off to another club.

Greenberg was in charge of our club at the time so I'm sure we could have asked him to do the same for us in this situation.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The guys should be severely punished for breaking the team rules and putting the bulldogs brand in a precarious position AND NOTHING ELSE.

Those girls get no sympathy from me, nor do they want any by the sound of it, because they were parading their achievements to their friends on a group chat.. If there's anyone to blame for the girls behaviour its their parents..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Girls are of age, they young blokes themselves.. not a great look but not illegal.
Got to understand, girls throw themselves at these blokes.
what’s the Fucken problem.. media Fucken beat up cause it’s dogs...
Let the boys play
Those blaming pay.. get a friggin life ffs
IF school girls throw themselves at the player(s) while he's running a football clinic at school it's OK for you that one / both of them then flirt, get their number, and then invite them to his/their room(s)?

Seriously dude? This was at school. Not a nightclub. They were representing the club, and the NRL. I just can't believe so many on here simply don't get it ...

A

Alexander the Great

Would you guys have the same view of this girl was at Tafe and this all played out in a Tafe institute?

Girls can be in the same class as 30 year old men just for your information

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF school girls throw themselves at the player(s) while he's running a football clinic at school it's OK for you that one / both of them then flirt, get their number, and then invite them to his/their room(s)?

Seriously dude? This was at school. Not a nightclub. They were representing the club, and the NRL. I just can't believe so many on here simply don't get it ...
exactly, there is a vulnerability there that they have taken advantage of it.

imagine being a parent of one of the girls, you shouldn't have to worry about them at school when a professional footy team is doing a clinic

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you guys have the same view of this girl was at Tafe and this all played out in a Tafe institute?

Girls can be in the same class as 30 year old men just for your information
Why stop at Tafe? What about a nursing home?