Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor cant catch so is useless but CHN would be a good addition!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.rlpa.com.au/statement-jayden-okunbor-and-corey-harawira-naera/

Statement – Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera

The Rugby League Players’ Association (RLPA) has released the following statement regarding the conclusion of the appeals process involving Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs players Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera.

“The RLPA welcomes the decision of the NRL Appeals Committee in respect of its members, Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera.

“The details of the appeal process should remain confidential and the decision of the Committee respected.

“An independent appeals process being available to review integrity related decisions is fundamental to ensuring players are afforded due process and a fair hearing in these matters.

“The RLPA will continue to work with both players, the NRL and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs regarding their return to training and playing commitments.”

That last part makes it seem like they are coming back.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s not correct mate
I do apoligize they were stood down from all club activities and training , but when the NRL sacked them the club supported the decision instead of supporting the two players only 23 and 24 years old clearly the punishnent was over the top and they should have stood up for them (in my opinion)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor has poor defence and cant read defensive plays
Yeah but he can Make shit loads of metres out of our own end and he can break the line. We don’t have anyone else that can do that in the whole backline other than Averillo and to a lesser extent DWZ

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't want details of one of the girls who used a fake I.D to meet up with CHN at Port Panthers Leagues Club to get out.

How this has remained under the rug is beyond me.
Paraphrasing but there was a quote saying something like

"most importantly we need to protect the well being of the young women involved"

Can't remember if it came from the club or toddy

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Paraphrasing but there was a quote saying something like

"most importantly we need to protect the well being of the young women involved"

Can't remember if it came from the club or toddy
Its still the only actual criminal element of the whole fiasco and it remains unreported. An underage girl used a fake I.D to meet up with a player in a Panthers Leagues Club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't want details of one of the girls who used a fake I.D to meet up with CHN at Port Panthers Leagues Club to get out.

How this has remained under the rug is beyond me.
CHN has been treated disgracefully. If Okonbur didn't happen he would have only copped a fine. It is like a murder and a shoplifting happened on the same day and it gets reported as the same crime

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
CHN has been treated disgracefully. If Okonbur didn't happen he would have only copped a fine
Exactly. Its apples and oranges. A friends daughter goes to school with the girl who hooked up with CHN. She's has form for this type of behaviour and aggressively pursued CHN because of his profile.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are the contracts between the club and CHN & Okunbor still in place? Given the deregistration by the NRL and I assume they have been paid since the deregistration I doubt the contracts remain in place. Reading CHN statement I doubt he is returning.
There is only one contract per player, that's the one registered with the NRL. Multiple contracts are not allowed, that's what Melbourne tried and got busted for, they had 2 contracts per player. One was registered with the NRL the other was the one the players got paid under.

The NRL was forced by the appeal result to reinstate the players contracts. That means they are contracted to us, from memory CHN for 2 years and JO for 1 year. If CHN wants to leave then he has to request and then be granted a release by us. Personally I'd be saying no, you got your dick wet and farked us at the same time, now it's time for you to pay us back for that, you're here for 2 years, start training and be prepared to play in 10 days. If he sooks it up then trade him, no farking free release, anyone that wants him has to pay, the same level player in return. We have until 3rd August, let's play some hard ball for a change.

Go Dogs

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly think this will be a turning point for Okunbor. I think if he can get back oj the field. He will be alot more determined and focused

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
More likely Lafai no way canberra would give him an early release and I don’t even think cotric will sign at all
You might be right but he must be at least thinking about it.. if he bought into the whole raiders are close to winning a comp feel good narrative all the raiders legends are feeding him then he probably would have already recommitted. He might be waiting to see who the coach is..