Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The club can’t legally ‘cut them loose’ when they are both contracted and have been vilified on their appeal

It would open the club up to employment disputes issues

The players would have to voluntarily request a release and CHN would probably say fk you to this board and coach and join the chooks win a comp this year
The club is seeking advice and no doubt weighing their options. Remember that the club stood them down only. The NRL de-registered them which made their contracts null and void so now on appeal they can be re-registered, but that doesn’t mean the club is obligated to play them and if they don’t add them to the 50 person bubble they can’t play.

What I’m interested in is who back pays them to 1 April, minus RLPA agreed pay cut and fines - the NRL or the Bulldogs?

We’ll see how it turns out over the coming days. If they re-instate both that’s our 30 spots sorted prior to the 3 August deadline which is another factor.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There coming back to the bulldogs fuk yeah we need all the players we can get

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I’m interested in is who back pays them to 1 April, minus RLPA agreed pay cut and fines - the NRL or the Bulldogs?
Is it a given that they get paid during their suspensions?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look this has been done to depth already. I'm just really fucking pissed off right now at the fact that we once again look like coming away from this as the big losers. Lost our best strike player, didn't sign a replacement, didn't nail down a sponsor, now potentially losing that best strike player to a rival club, still no fucking sponsor.
I agree mate seems like we can't catch a break at the moment, hopefully things turn around soon i mean they cant get worse.

A

Alexander the Great

That’s not what happened.
When the NRL made the call did the club not notify them that their contracts with them were void and they had no legal obligation to pay them ?

If the club was really supporting them they would have hired the legal team for the appeal not leave them to do work....

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul Kent was basically demanding they be sacked and now he says the club didn’t stand by them. He’s a total fucking dropkick

I knew this is how it would all unfold
He is also claiming Barrett is a done deal.. Fucking flog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Paul Kent was basically demanding they be sacked and now he says the club didn’t stand by them. He’s a total fucking dropkick

I knew this is how it would all unfold
Always does where Bulldogs concerned. Thats why we have to think things thru and not be reactive. Always on a hiding to nothing.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club is seeking advice and no doubt weighing their options. Remember that the club stood them down only. The NRL de-registered them which made their contracts null and void so now on appeal they can be re-registered, but that doesn’t mean the club is obligated to play them and if they don’t add them to the 50 person bubble they can’t play.

We’ll see how it turns out over the coming days. If they re-instate both that’s our 30 spots sorted prior to the 3 August deadline which is another factor.
Yes. A lot of factors to be considered and not as easy a step as some on here seem to believe.

If anything, the NRL has really screwed over the Dogs in this as we simply followed their lead on it from all accounts. I'm sure were under the impression that the NRL knew what they were doing?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure you’d be stoked if a couple of your employees cost you major sponsorship dollars through sheer selfishness and stupidity.

I’m sure you’d be stoked if said actions also adversely impacted the performance of a team of colleagues that were on the cusp of a new project they’d been working towards for months.

I’m sure you’d also choose not to self-report if you had the chance to before it inevitably did the rounds on social media before inevitably hitting the headlines.

I’m sorry that you feel Price should’ve been baby sitting grown men around the clock, who knew full well what’s right and wrong conduct.
The Okunbor case has very different circumstances to CHN. CHN should never have been deregistered, fined and suspended was enough. He got that penalty because the Okunbor situation happened at the same time. You are very naive if you think that footy players do not hook up with school girls of consensual age. This has been happening for many years. I know of a high profile NRL media personality who was 'dating' someone at high school whilst they were playing

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Okunbor case has very different circumstances to CHN. CHN should never have been deregistered, fined and suspended was enough. He got that penalty because the Okunbor situation happened at the same time. You are very naive if you think that footy players do not hook up with school girls of consensual age. This has been happening for many years. I know of a high profile NRL media personality who was 'dating' someone at high school whilst they were playing
We could all go back down this path of saying whether they're guilty, and what they're potentially guilty of. It's been done to death imo.

At the end of the day we can only judge the 2 players on their impact to our club, and their team mates so bringing in any comparisons is irrevalent imo.

The decision now seems final, so we just need to live with the next steps?