Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would you want to come back to the club that turned its back on you?

There's every chance there's been communication made to the players behind closed doors from the club, but from the outside looking in they left them hanging.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the club really helps both of these guys out. It's not about helping with only their footballing ability. But also the need to understand that they're young men who let their immaturity get the better of them. I'm sure they've both learnt a valuable lesson. Help them out and get good value out of them. Club and players need each other.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would you want to come back to the club that turned its back on you?

There's every chance there's been communication made to the players behind closed doors from the club, but from the outside looking in they left them hanging.

Have we been paying them all this time?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok seriously if there’s one player I want back it’s chn... board needs to come out and tell us he is still with us or atleast an update. If he isn’t anymore then that should be the end of the board period

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
the board will let them go! standard
dontget your hopes up

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Some bloody sensible measures.

Club should have been on top of this from the start. Bunch of amateurs who let it get out of their control with no feasible remediation.

The players were always going to be able to have such harsh penalties as loss of career and income reversed IMO.

Dumb players of course.... but our Club look like babes in the woods again :(
How exactly is this the clubs fault when the NRL deregistered the players? I really want to know what people like you think the club could have even done in this situation. They had no power here.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok seriously if there’s one player I want back it’s chn... board needs to come out and tell us he is still with us or atleast an update. If he isn’t anymore then that should be the end of the board period
It's been 5 minutes. Give them a day or two.

Also I think they are firm for the year anyway. They won't be matchfit and you need to be fitter in today's game than last year as well.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How exactly is this the clubs fault when the NRL deregistered the players? I really want to know what people like you think the club could have even done in this situation. They had no power here.
keep it in house.
There was a rumour other players got the shits but I dunno if that's true.

if these were Wayne Bennett's guys it wouldn't have happened.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a tough one guys, i guess its a two edged sword.

At one end why would the dogs take them, then on the other end why would you go back to the dogs after they shafted you, very interesting.
If their contracts get reinstated.. they should come back to us unless they request releases. I wonder if they were still on our books

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are they back with us? We legit need them. I think we only have 22 to select from this week and they’re all shit except Thompson

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Main reason I don’t want knockonbur back other than he has feet for hands is that with him back reimis smiths time at centre will continue
We have 44 wingers and not 1 centre of fg note at the club
Send knockonbur to another club for a centre

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuuuck I hope we get chn and okunbor back at the bulldogs!!!
Say what yous want about okunbor but he’s probably our best winger.
Reimis doesn’t look like his heads in the games. And crighton and holland aren’t first grade material!

Thelaw

Waterboy
Reaction score
Are they 100% still part of the dogs playing group and just stood down untill further notice OR did the dogs sack them and rip up there contracts?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If their contracts get reinstated.. they should come back to us unless they request releases. I wonder if they were still on our books
If the contracts are detegistered ? Why would they be in our books? Cash in hand?
I know that's how they do in Bankstown but cmon

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
keep it in house.
There was a rumour other players got the shits but I dunno if that's true.

if these were Wayne Bennett's guys it wouldn't have happened.
Keeping it in house doesn't work when one of the girls is putting stuff on social media.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brent Read tweeted this

“Bulldogs have 3 options - they can bring them back in, they can sack them and potentially face legal action, or they can let them go elsewhere. Corey has lots of clubs interested and apparently Jayden has a couple. Gut feeling is they will choose option 3”

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1282561563396718592?s=21

Taking the moral high ground on this is so dumb now they have served their punishment and we aren’t going to recruit anyone like CHN at the minute. I guess it depends on how CHN and Okonbur feel about coming back too but the Dogs should be doing everything they can to keep them.