Jason Taumalolo rejects New Zealand for Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say fafita spooking coz his not a run in prop, same as the sook he had to Daley

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Tonga will put together a decent team this year I reckon they'll be the team to watch tbh

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Tonga will put together a decent team this year I reckon they'll be the team to watch tbh
good forwards, decent outside backs
halves - eh

australia are a $1.20 for a reason, noone else comes close

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently three of the Tongan boys pulled out a few hours before the announcement so the Kiwis tried to get Alex Glenn in. He was keen to play but thought he wasn't in the mix so booked a family trip.

Dog act by all of these clowns.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
good forwards, decent outside backs
halves - eh

australia are a $1.20 for a reason, noone else comes close
Exactly , all the island nations have great forwards n good backs but halves are always there weakness

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard the Tongan coach on nz radio and he only knew about JT a few days ago.

Let's say they did know about it weeks ago, it makes it even worse. They knew weeks ago and yet still trained in the wider kiwi train on sqaud? Piss poor.

Taumalolo is my favorite non Dogs player, an absolute beast, but the way he has gone about this is piss poor. I'm going to the game and I will be giving him arseholes lmao.
Reading the Saturday paper he would not answer a couple of the questions related to why,when and how he told his coach only with the comments along the lines of 'I am not saying anything about that'. Fafita though, let the cat out of the bag in one of his interviews in saying that Taumalolo had spoken to him WEEKS ago about what he was intending to do and that they made a pact to both represent.
Pretty poor form knowing that they would both have been selected for their respective national teams. Fafita in particular after his past issues that cost him representation.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So does that mean Fifita can’t play origin anymore ???
He can still be selected for NSW and Australia because he is playing for one of the lesser nations.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...r-the-international-game-20150509-ggy0ax.html

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/fo...s/news-story/e8a10d4df0bac0222239e9cf11414931

INTERNATIONAL rugby league is set to be turned on its head, with eligibility rules being overhauled to ensure players aren’t forced to choose between Origin and their heritage country.
The Rugby League International Federation’s landmark decision means players such as Anthony Milford can represent a tier-two nation like Samoa, without ruling themselves out of Origin contention or playing for the ‘Big Three’ — Australia, New Zealand and England.

Status
Not open for further replies.