Jarryd Hayne rumoured to quit Titans NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JARRYD Hayne is on the verge of quitting the Titans, The Daily Telegraph reports.
The newspaper reported on Thursday that the superstar fullback is exploring his options elsewhere after a tumultuous 12 months on the Gold Coast.

It’s reported that his manager Wayne Beavis is looking for opportunities in Sydney, with Hayne keen to move closer to family.

On a deal worth in excess of $1 million a season, the Titans insist he is expected back for pre-season training in January after his World Cup commitments.

Hayne will consider all his options including rugby union.

The wish to leave the club is a personal choice, opposed to relating to any issue with the Titans or new coach Garth Brennan.

Hayne is currently in camp with the Fijian squad and will line up at five-eighth against Wales on Sunday.

The 29-year-old joined the Titans in late 2016 after returning from a stint with San Francisco in the NFL and a dalliance with rugby sevens.

Last year Hayne triggered an option in his favour for an additional season at the Titans which contracts him to the club until the end of 2018.

It was only a few short months ago that his feud with former coach Neil Henry caused a stir at the club.

It was a fight Hayne won with Henry sacked despite still having a season to run on his deal.

Hayne denied having a feud with the coach but admitted that their relationship was strained and that they went weeks without talking before Henry was ultimately axed.

More to come …

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/869af53dec608429d42cde2cd8049ff4

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
well it's a good thing they got rid of henry

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This will set off a few player movements imo.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be a good fit at the roosters, i'm sure they still have another million free with their salary cap situation.
if the roosters are even mentioned in the same breath as this i'll lose my shit. Still baffles me how teams other than newcastle have money to splurge on players like cronk and im sure hayne at this stage of the year. Were they planning on going into next year 700k or so under the cap?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
if the roosters are even mentioned in the same breath as this i'll lose my shit. Still baffles me how teams other than newcastle have money to splurge on players like cronk and im sure hayne at this stage of the year. Were they planning on going into next year 700k or so under the cap?
well the roosters only need to offload some unknown player from their squad and it's fuckin magic, another million gets added to their salary cap.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember when i used to see him in Parra Westfields in the food court years ago, he'd sit there and eat and wait for the young girls to come and talk to him.

the guys head is massive, he needs to chill out a bit

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rumour is he is going to Newcastle it is a done deal $3m for 3 years! However No Source? Prefer Garlic & BBQ Sauce!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He should go back to Parra and take Semi's money.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He such massive drama and disruption on your team I dont think he is worth 500k.

The Titans got him fresh out of the NFL so they sold out their first few games and got a good return. I doubt whatever Sydney team picks him up will sell out their first few games with Hayne in there. He has lost his sparkle and comes across as a bit of a selfish primadonna.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Titans should be happy!!!
He played like a busted arse last season.
Eating up $1.2 of their cap.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you'd have to think he'd be a certainty to go back to parra. Their roster isn't exactly star studded so i'd say they could afford him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Will end up at the Roosters, probably on $200k with a $1 million TPA from Hillsong Church (who, being a charity, will class it as a donation and not pay tax on it).

They'll release Connor Watson and free up $128 million from their cap.

Parra won't want him back... he was very much on the nose there when he left, with many glad to see him gone (source from support staff member at parra at the time).

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rumour is he is going to Newcastle it is a done deal $3m for 3 years! However No Source? Prefer Garlic & BBQ Sauce!
Wouldn't surprise given his Partner is on the central coast.

However at $1m per season I think he is overpriced.
He is nowhere near the player he was.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to see Hayne at the chooks.. just cause I'd love to see a an actual mega team stomp out the comp.

Cronk/Hayne/Pearce (9)/tobasco

Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.