1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Jarryd Hayne accused of rape

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by CaptainJackson, Dec 20, 2017.

1. CaptainJackson

CaptainJackson Kennel Addict Gilded

Surely the gym has to be accountable? You'd think it's their responsibility to check that their contractors have all the necessary requirements to work at their premises

2. Dognacious

Dognacious Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Hayne does have form for rape but, look at what he did to the Titans in 2017

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dawgfather

Dawgfather Immortal

Is anyone else confused about this girls allegations?

Supposedly she was saving herself for marriage and Hayne took her virginity, yet her allegations against the other two 49’ers players are well documented. So how could she still have been a virgin when this allegedly happened with Hayne?

Are we supposed to believe that this girl is the Virgin Mary and an innocent victim and was just ‘unlucky’ enough to have such an awful thing happen to her three times? And not just 3 isolated instances, but each time with a member of the same football team???

It would seem odd to me, that a Christian girl, who is supposedly saving herself for marriage, is going out frequently with NFL players and getting drunk to the point of becoming unconscious. It seems her lawyers are trying to present her as a helpless victim, but is that really the case?

This isn’t intended to be read as me calling her a liar. It’s just some of the inferences from her allegations seem quite hard to believe based on the allegations put forward so far.

4. Dawgfather

Dawgfather Immortal

Also, it was reported that one of the other 49’ers players paid her $100k to settle another legal matter.

Her lawyers claim this isn’t about money, she just wants Hayne found responsible.

But is this believable when she has a history of taking money to settle legal matters?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trafford10

Trafford10 Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

Can posters here stop with the victim blaming please!!!

Also you have your facts horribly wrong, she is not the same women! The other women and the other 49s players frequented the same bar.

You can read her sratement of claim which has been lodged with the California court, it is online.

Do so and come back with a comment as to what you think a jury will do with this case?

6. Trafford10

Not the same women ffs!!!!!!!!

7. Dawgfather

Dawgfather Immortal

My bad, I must have read something wrong. I did read the statement of claim already.

Also, calling her a victim, is an assumption on your part. On what basis is she a victim? How do you know that Hayne isn’t the victim in all of this?

I’m not saying she’s a bad person, but I think you’re assuming far too much.

I’m simply asking questions (although I’ll get my facts straight before I ask any more).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dawgfather

Dawgfather Immortal

Must have misread. Can you point me to a link that summarises all this?

9. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence

Even if he's innocent its a shame the accusation has soured someones name when maybe the situation should never of been allowed to snowball.

10. Dawgfather

Dawgfather Immortal

I think it’s an interesting debate in terms of the level of evidence required before police press charges etc.

Clearly in this case the police don’t think there was enough evidence for a criminal trial jury to find him guilty.

Now that it’s gone to a civil trial the question is whether this chick is just a nut job (plenty of women have lied to put men away for rape), or whether she is genuinely telling the truth.

Does anyone know if this would be allowed in Aus? I.e. if the DPP won’t press criminal charges, can someone go to the civil courts for an allegation of rape?

11. Rockford

Rockford Forum Regular Gilded

Statement of Claim attached...

Attached Files:

12. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Enthusiast

Don't know about all the other stuff but you are confused about the 3 allegations. They involved 3 different women over a period of years.

13. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

He's holding a press conference this afternoon.

14. Trafford10

Ok so the best case scenario for Hayne is that he scammed on a drunk chick, got her back to.his place and had sex with her while she was out of it, that is the best case for him.

According to her without her consent. Unless of course she is lying.

However reading her statement of claim. Two days after that night she contacted Hayne through a friend to find out what had happened that night (i.e. trying to put the pieces togerher as her memory was affected by alcohol) and Hayne told her via this friend "nothing happened between them". So why would he start off by lying?

As I said in a previous post I have had much experience in taking victim statements. Hers rings completely true to me.

That Hayne lied in the very first instance?? That will not play out well for him if this gets to a jury.

15. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal Gilded

America is such a scummy place, this shouldn't even be an issue.

16. dogluva

dogluva Immortal

On Fox Sports now. Just caught tail end of the bit surrounding the allegations; now he is talking football.

17. dogluva

dogluva Immortal

18. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

He may genuinely feel in his conscience that he has done nothing wrong (ie: it was consensual and that's that), but that doesn't necessarily mean he did the right thing.

19. dogluva

dogluva Immortal

True.

20. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

Having just read those documents above I don't know how they could legally proceed with any strength. The nuts and guts (No pun intended) of it will come down to his word against hers wouldn't it? Due to it being said by her friend that she "Had never seen her so intoxicated" must throw doubt into her ability to accurate remember information and the events? Unless there is any other evidence I don't know how they could penalise Hayne in this case.

• Like Like x 1