1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Jarryd Hayne accused of rape

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by CaptainJackson, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Trafford10

Trafford10 Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

For fuck sake, your ignorance is beyond breathtaking.

She is sueing under the California civil code.
    1. Sexual battery
    2. Battery
    3. Gender violence
    4. Emotional distress
    5. Negligence.

The Civil code is an integral party of the justice system as is the jury system. The best barometer of justice there is!!!!

Seriously your comments are just completely fucked in the head. Many people suffer injustice such as work or car injury or injury from physical violence that will never see the inside of a criminal court mainly because of the standatd of proof but they will pursue their civil rights. That's why the standard of proof is lower!!!

It disappoints me that you are a Canterbury supporter. But seriously I hope to fuck you don't have a daughter/s.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  2. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

Dude. Shut up.

You have no idea.

I'd love to know your experience with the justice system. You have nothing.

The civil system will make hayne accountable for something he shouldnt be made accountable for. He has commited no crime in the eyes of the law.

If he was found guilty in a criminal court. Go ahead, sue your brains out.

It opens the gates for corruption and false claims.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Trafford10 - Hayne can't be held liable (and therefore open to being sued) if a criminal case/judge has determined there is no proof that he did was is being alleged.

In order for compensation to be awarded, he needs to have been convicted of a crime first (therefore paving the way for a civil suit).

4. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

Simple scenario with a question.

You receive a letter in the mail. Your ex partner is sueing you for damages, she claims you raped her... the matter has been investigated by police, but no sufficient evidence exists to prosecute you under the crimes act.

Your BEST case scenario is you fight the claim and get found not guilt by civil standards. You have spent at least 15k on expenses....

Do you think that is fair?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trafford10

No that is not correct. You can certainly persue a civil case against a respondent even when that same person was a defendant in a criminal case when they wére found not guilty. O J Simpson being the classic example.

However in this particular case, it has never seen the inside of a court so not relevant.

She is making a claim under the civial code. Yes Hayne cannot be found guilty of anything, but she can certainly get an award for damages.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trafford10

Hmmmm.....what is your question really that legal costs with respect to litigation are outrageous??

If so, I totally agree with you.

But with your example if I was sued for Battery or Assult or Emotional Distress and I won and it cost me $15,000 in court costs & lawyers fees. I would not think it is fair but that is the system we have and anyone has the right to sue you.
    I would try and get a judgement of costs against the plaintiff, if I won and there was no basis for her claim.

7. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Addict

Just lol.

If you think you would get more than 20% of your costs back. Your kidding yourself..

Why should you fight a claim, that according to law, you have not been found guilty of. Your innocent!

Its double dipping at its finest. The only ones who benefit are the lawyers.

Its like saying "hey trafford, your not guilty, but fuk it, your gonna pay in some way".

I would have rather spend the money on my children than fighting a claim i am not guilty of (according to the law)...

And yes. "Victims" dont always tell the truth. Fact. Thats why, to be held accountable of a crime the standard of proof and integrity of an investigation is held so high...

If Hayne has to pay 1 cent, including legal fees. He is being held accountable for a crime he didnt commit (according to law).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. rainman

rainman Immortal

When I first saw this I thought it was about him taking 10 million dollars from the Titans

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. N4TE

N4TE DogsRhavnaParty

Nail - Head

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  10. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Kennel Addict Gilded

2017. Year of the sexual assault.

Seems everyone's memory is coming back to them from decades ago...

• Like Like x 2
  11. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

Under this current Warlock Hunt period of time, will ANY man be deemed innocent in the USA. These are dangerous times people!

12. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence

Now the alleged christian was saving herself.
    Does being a christian give you more legal rights than the next bar slut?
    They should compensate Hayne for this ludicrous fiasco.

• Like Like x 1
  13. coach

coach Kennel Addict

I think j h is a fucktard, but this is a deadset witch hunt,
    Seems like a good honest Christian girl, out on the piss in a bar with a heap of NFL stars....
    Piss of you lieing skank!

14. Gareth

Gareth Heavy Metal Mod Staff Member Gilded

How lovely.

How about you refrain on commenting on things you have no fucking idea about?

Both parties should receive the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

15. Dognacious

Dognacious Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

The loser pays in civil cases

16. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

What happens where the loser is using legal aid & doesn't have any money? Who pays then?

17. Gareth

Gareth Heavy Metal Mod Staff Member Gilded

Good question, they probably get made redundant or some shit.

A kid I know, his mother was at the gym being trained by a PT. He was too busy checking some shit on his phone rather than training his client and he ended up dropping a weight on her face whilst spotting her. It broke her nose which resulted in lots of breathing issues, operations, stress etc all of which she paid for out of pocket.

This cunt has no insurance (not even sure how that is legal) and the gym wipes their hand of it because he is considered a contractor. So a couple of years later it is still not resolved. She is suing him with one of those "no win no fee" lawyers and apparently if they lose, sure there is no fee, but then she has to pay the inept PT's bills! So much time, stress and risk over something that you would think should be open and shut. Legal system sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

Can't get legal aid for civil matters only criminal ones. A lawyer might take a case on pro bono or on a no win no cost basis but then they charge a large % if they win.

• Like Like x 1
  19. belmore_utd

belmore_utd Pro Golf Hack

#trickledownempathist

20. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Died off as quickly as it was reported.