Jarrod Mullen ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2EBECDFE-A021-406F-BD4C-3DC959D12AE2.jpeg

Disgraced ex-Newcastle Knights star Jarrod Mullen plots NRL comeback
Jarrod Mullen looks on

Former Newcastle Knights halfback Jarrod Mullen has been tipped to make a return to rugby league after a four-year ban from the sport.
The 33-year-old had his contract torn up after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in 2017.
His ban is set to expire in January 2021 and will be able to play in the NRL if he completes community service for a criminal offence relating to the supply of cocaine.
It comes on the day Sharks young gun Bronson Xerri’s B-sample for a steroid returned a positive test.

Asked about whether Xerri, 19, could still make a comeback to the NRL, The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Kent revealed that there was proof the disgraced young Shark could return to the sport in a professional capacity.

“He can come back, he’ll be 25 by the time he comes back,” Kent said on Fox League’s NRL360.
“I think he’s looking at four years. But 25 is not too old to come back.

“We saw Sandor Earl come back after four years and just today (Phil) ‘Buzz’ Rothfield is writing in tomorrow’s paper that Jarrod Mullen is going to apply to the NRL for reinstatement.

“His term is up in January and he’ll be able to play from January onwards as long as he does his 300 hours of community service.
“It can happen for Bronson Xerri but it’s long odds to get off this charge.”

Mullen, who was found to have purchased 39grams of cocaine, when he was sentenced in February this year.
His lawyer Paul McGirr said that the former NSW Origin player regretted his mistake and wanted to put things right.

“Jarrod’s remorseful for what happened, and he wants to move on with his life and hopefully use this experience to educate other young kids,” he said.

“He was a legend of the game and still is.
“He’s made a mistake and he’s put his hand up for it.”

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good God.
Stop with the beat up, over the hill old men.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
if the implication is we should take the punt on him, i disagree. Not for this team.
My followers would have noted that im usually in favour of an educated gamble. Foran or Daryl clark for example.
But,
Mullen will have been out of the game for 5 years next season, and he will be 34.

Thats just too long, if he wants a comeback, it needs to be through Newtown, QLD Cup or something. If nothing else, purely for match fitness. The game has changed.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the board will not approve as he is not damaged enough

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
if the implication is we should take the punt on him, i disagree. Not for this team.
My followers would have noted that im usually in favour of an educated gamble. Foran or Daryl clark for example.
But,
Mullen will have been out of the game for 5 years next season, and he will be 34.

Thats just too long, if he wants a comeback, it needs to be through Newtown, QLD Cup or something. If nothing else, purely for match fitness. The game has changed.
Who's Daryl Clark?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who's Daryl Clark?
The british hooker.
hes been talked about alot on this forum, surprised you havent heard the name.

Hes considered by many as being thr best hooker in england and from england, meaning better than hodgson.

And even if he isnt, hes a more dynamic Cook like hooker, which is what we need isnt it.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I wonder whos gonna take a punt on him. Would he be an option guys? Back in the day I always felt he needed to just get outta Newcastle change of scenery he was always the scapegoat when they were goin shit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haha get fucked he's dreaming if he thinks he's playing NRL. He will get a gig in the local Newcastle comp. Wests Rosellas, Maitland Pickers, Cessnock Goannas or Souths Lions

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing he has on his side is that he's a half. The simple fact that few are available for next year is his biggest hope of returning to the game. I can't see many other things in his favour. He'd have to represent a short term gamble for any club that took him into their roster. And if he was reliant on steroids at 29, it's a steep hill to climb to get back to NRL standard at 33 without them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The drug cheat wont even get a gig in the ESL.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't just outright say he was coming to Canterbury because his old man played for us.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs will sign him up you watch, along with marshall, green,bird, dugan and scott minto

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's had a hard time of it over the last few years, the last thing he needs is to sign with us. For one he will get injured within a week!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's serious he need to aim high but low.

Canterbury cup or QLD cup. That is very high level rugby league but not NRL. But if he can get there and dominate then halfway through 21 and a half goes down for a club he might get a call up if he accepts cheap