Opinion Jarome Hughes

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just common sense and logic. You should try using some.
Your common sense and logic is to start high and aim low? No wonder 90% of TK think you’re one dumb fuck along with the people who like /love your posts

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your common sense and logic is to start high and aim low? No wonder 90% of TK think you’re one dumb fuck along with the people who like /love your posts
"Offer him 800k and we have a good chance imo. Start lower, negotiate, etc." I literally included this for the inept people and you still said it, LOL!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Our only hope is Cam Smith retiring after the Storm win the GF this year.

That's what I would do if in his shoes.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sold in him been around a bloody long time now and unless there’s been injuries he hasn’t been able cement a first grade spot or even a position, has been used as a stop gap in the backs and halves

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sold in him been around a bloody long time now and unless there’s been injuries he hasn’t been able cement a first grade spot or even a position, has been used as a stop gap in the backs and halves
Hughes has cemented his spot in the team over the last two years (almost started every game). He was moved around (from fullback to halfback) to find a position for Papenhuyzen at the end of last year. He is much more of a stop gap and has developed nicely.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Offer him 800k and we have a good chance imo. Start lower, negotiate, etc." I literally included this for the inept people and you still said it, LOL!
How does that mean START HIGH, AIM LOW???
I literally included this for the inept people and you still don’t comprehend. Don’t you have some figures to pull out of your ass as you always do?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I swear you can alway know what teams have played each day And who played well because you can log into the kennel and see random threads like;
'Brendan Elliott'
'Jorge Tafua'
'Aj Brimson'
"Keegan Hipgrave'

it's more reliable Than logging onto a newspaper to know that Manly played the titans and the Above mentioned players played well, and some kenneller, with name that almost always ends with 'dog'puts out the above with the message 'why don't we think about signing this player?'

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
gee
typical
one good game and the cheque book is out

who's in favour next week

ffs
One good game?
he’s been tearing up opposition for the last 2 seasons consistently and is only getting better unlike the morons we have (Wakeham, Lewis, Averilo) who not only are inconsistent but have made little to no progression.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One good game? LOLLLLL guys been consistently killing it for the last two seasons ...
He's good in the Storm system surrounded by Smith, Munster and Pap. Put him in our team and he'd be terrible. He doesn't elevate players.

Also that comment was in July when it was true.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can’t we just concentrate on who we can realistically get for next year!? Ffs
Who cares if we get him or not... Fact is he's all class and some people said he was shit lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
are there actually people who still try to claim Hughes hasn’t developed into a great player? He was very good last year and has been even better this year.
He wasn't goood last year yo
Remember pre season (or was it corona breaks?) all the Media talk was whether Cam Smith would Moche to halfback yo 'solve their halfback problem' because Jarule Hughes had not kicked on?
Remember all the tabloids saying Melbourne lost their gloss because they had a halfback problem after Cooper conk!?
Hughes played well last night and maybe he played well in the months prior, I don't know yo, BUT you can't tell me with all the media heat that he was killing it th last two seasons.
I ain't playin.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He wasn't goood last year yo
Remember pre season (or was it corona breaks?) all the Media talk was whether Cam Smith would Moche to halfback yo 'solve their halfback problem' because Jarule Hughes had not kicked on?
Remember all the tabloids saying Melbourne lost their gloss because they had a halfback problem after Cooper conk!?
Hughes played well last night and maybe he played well in the months prior, I don't know yo, BUT you can't tell me with all the media heat that he was killing it th last two seasons.
I ain't playin.
The media are notoriously harsh markets and cooper Cronk left huge boots to fill. He was very good in patches last year, but lacked a little consistency. This year he has been consistently good and often one of Melbourne’s best. He’s developing into a top quality player and he’s still relatively young. A bit of a late bloomer, but he’s been fantastic this year and has stood out more than Munster in quite a few games.