Opinion Jarome Hughes

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Total Try assists don't mean shit. You can get 4 in 1 game, 3 in another and then not do anything for 5 games.

Hughes is not an upgrade over Foran/Hopoate/Averillo.
Try assists mean alot actually especially for sides that can't score points like us. But thats why I added that storm have played all top 8 sides bar Cronulla and listed examples where other players had inflated totals due to shit opposition. Again your allowed to not like him and not think he's what our team needs. But arguing saying he's average/shit when he's clearly not is silly.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Try assists mean alot actually especially for sides that can't score points like us. But thats why I added that storm have played all top 8 sides bar Cronulla and listed examples where other players had inflated totals due to shit opposition. Again your allowed to not like him and not think he's what our team needs. But arguing saying he's average/shit when he's clearly not is silly.
It's easy to get try assists when you play for Melbourne. He wouldn't have half of those if he played for the Bulldogs.

I didn't say I didn't like him or that he's shit. Now you're making stuff up. I just said he isn't going to make us contenders. Averillo must have either 1 or 6. If you want to argue that Hughes is a better option then Foran then fine but I don't think he would make a difference to our team. We need a hooker and a proper organizer.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's easy to get try assists when you play for Melbourne. He wouldn't have half of those if he played for the Bulldogs.

I didn't say I didn't like him or that he's shit. Now you're making stuff up. I just said he isn't going to make us contenders. Averillo must have either 1 or 6. If you want to argue that Hughes is a better option then Foran then fine but I don't think he would make a difference to our team. We need a hooker and a proper organizer.
Forans a 6 and a broken one at that. I see Hughes as a fullback. Of course he wouldn't turn our side around immediately and be a big threat as he is at the storm as they are a well drilled unit and we are pure shit... But you have to start somewhere, weve tried lining up the elite talent and there all near locked up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a good and versatile player but the club is probably looking at bringing back Steven Hughes instead.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
B Smith is a gun what's our chances of snagging him?
Realistically very low.

If Cameron Smith plays on he's still in the Storms plans and Harry Grant is a free agent.

If Cameron Smith retires and Harry Grant comes back the number 9 is up for grabs. I think he's signed on with the storm until end 22.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Realistically very low.

If Cameron Smith plays on he's still in the Storms plans and Harry Grant is a free agent.

If Cameron Smith retires and Harry Grant comes back the number 9 is up for grabs. I think he's signed on with the storm until end 22.
Big money (he'd be sacrificing 300-400k a year) and a guarantee to play in his preferred role which he has stated he wants to play (and was told was his position when C. Smith retires, also no guarantee when C. Smith will retire). I'm not sure if that's realistically very low.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Offer him 800k and we have a good chance imo. Start lower, negotiate, etc.
You should send your CV to Steve Price. Start high, aim low and you’ll get it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You should send your CV to Steve Price. Start high, aim low and you’ll get it
Just common sense and logic. You should try using some.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically very low.

Harry Grant said hes going back to Melbourne no matter what tho. He said Melbourne "have his word" and he wants to repay them for giving him an NRL opportunity. Brandon Smith is good but Harry Grant clearly edges him as the starting 9. With the way the storm are playing theres no way Cam Smith retires imo, hes been asked in interviews whether hes playing on and he response is usually "if we keep winning, I'll play". Brandon Smith is the odd man out no matter how this plays out.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Harry Grant said hes going back to Melbourne no matter what tho. He said Melbourne "have his word" and he wants to repay them for giving him an NRL opportunity. Brandon Smith is good but Harry Grant clearly edges him as the starting 9. With the way the storm are playing theres no way Cam Smith retires imo, hes been asked in interviews whether hes playing on and he response is usually "if we keep winning, I'll play". Brandon Smith is the odd man out no matter how this plays out.
Fingers crossed, for the right money Brandon is a great prospect and certainly better than anything we have.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wait and see how things play out at the Storm over the off-season in regards to C. Smith, B. Smith and Grant. Make a big $ play for both of them and see who jumps first. I'd be happy with either and they would both be excellent additions to the team. These are the types of players that make other players better.

Malla

Reaction score
No thanks.

He is in one of the best systems in the NRL and still finds a way to be shit. As soon as he leaves that Melb system he will be even shitter. He's an OK fullback. Pretty shit house half back, aside from last night.

If there's a player out of last nights game we should try get I would rather Lachlan Lam