Status
Not open for further replies.

JL

Waterboy
Reaction score
Melbourne lets Feeney go
By Karl deKroo
July 12, 2006

MELBOURNE Storm lock Jamie Feeney could be forced out of the NRL next season.

The club has told Feeney it will not exercise an option on his contract for next season.

Trapped behind Queensland lock Dallas Johnson, Feeney, 28, has managed just seven first-grade games this season.

The former Bulldogs star said a lack of first-grade exposure was killing his chances of a new deal.

"My manager is looking around, but I'm not sure what the future holds," Feeney said last night.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
come here! let those youngins lookin for big chances go.. feeny will be around for another 5 yrs at least

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love for Feeney to come back home, but I don't know where he would fit into our top 17 each week. He is a strong versatile player with over 100 games of first grade experience and his football career has suffered in Melbourne.

I don't know where he would fit in our backrow ahead of Ryan, Williams, Maitua, Grimaldi, Mason & our promising youngsters with N. Armit, Conn & Kouparitsas

H

Haztrick

Yes!! Hopefully Feeney comes back to us.. Man, I hope so..

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
There is no place in first grade, but maybe a good option for our Premier League side to nurture all the youngens.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
nooooo stay away!

D

D0ggyStylz

I don't want Feeney back. Watch the 2004 GF and you'll see that Feeney is the only player that doesn't want to be there and is not happy about the win.

B

Ben Godberts

disagree hutch looked like he was on another planet that night

D

D0ggyStylz

Yeah but Feeney more so. He looked so dirty that he wasn't in the team.

Dennis Scott on the other hand was over the moon!

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
Yeah I have to say I don't want Feeney back. We have plenty of forwards atm and plenty juniors who have promising futures as well.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id love to have him back , but I dont think we need him for the money he'd want. He'd be a good pick up for Souths though. He's a good player that served us well.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he would be a fringe first grader at best, i think he will go to souths to be honest,

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
he'd be a good player for the titans actually.. i want feeney and nate to go there (of course i want nate to stay but chances are pretty low)

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be on the bench at the most imo. Good for depth if we lose Myles..

Christabella

Reaction score
The best thing for Feeney would actually be a stint in England. He has shown on the occassions he has cracked first gade that the still has plenty to offer and with a young family the Super League could provide the most in terms of finances.

RMGs

[RkO]
Reaction score
there wouldnt be a place for him in the squad as US mentioned...
im sure roosters would want him though..they will sign anyone!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good PL player!

Average First Grade player!

If he comes cheap I would take him back for depth incase of injury - But very Cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.