Rumour James Maloney

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There really isnt many decent 7s around, none off contract anyway. Might a better idea to find the best 9 we can for 22 like Hodgson and make do with wakeham at 7, or take a punt on ash taylor at 7 with jmk/ cook for 9

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm more than certain that there will be more halves available once the dust settles on the season. Plenty of clubs will be playing monopoly including us. Happens every year.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alan Langer is still looking fit and runs that bottle like the legend that he is.

I heard Gould was after him...................

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think we are a genuine change to win the grand final next year? Seeing we got that sorted out. Do you think having Averillo to partner Burton in the halves will put him in better stead for the next 3-5 years or having some experience around him like Pearce/Maloney around him?

So tired of the negativity around here especially when the big picture is being missed. Look at what Cronk did at Storm/Roosters, Maloney did for Panthers. Who the hell have we go to help Burton and co
As I said I wouldn't mind Maloney for 1 year

Cronk and Maloney were all class and more importantly they were winners so of course they would be an asset to Burton. Pearce, on the other hand, is neither of those things, especially based on his current form. I wouldn't put him in the same category as Cronk and Maloney so he is a huge gamble (not to mention his off field shit)

No doubt the big picture is important...that's why Gus is looking at Pearce and Maloney as experienced 7's but the other names being tossed up like Brooks, Reynolds, Frawley are just awful options and would be a step backwards.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gould is a smart operator he will never tell us what they are really doing in the background.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know why we didn't sign Sezer. Would have been cheap too.

Maloney would leak tries in defense - always has. Imagine how many he'd leak under the new rules and at his age

Just sign Benji FFS. He'd be more up to it than Maloney and way cheaper than Pearce

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Don't know why we didn't sign Sezer. Would have been cheap too.

Maloney would leak tries in defense - always has. Imagine how many he'd leak under the new rules and at his age

Just sign Benji FFS. He'd be more up to it than Maloney and way cheaper than Pearce
Benji seems a good fit for 1 year even if it's off the bench.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maloney in, but as coach/mentor, not player. Get him doing everything from video with the halves, to involvement in team on team training sessions (halves focused), to running the water out on the field during games.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro OP throwing darts or what ? Haha

Pearce, Taupau who was the other one Korisau? Yeah