Official James Maloney leaves Panthers - Signs with Catalans.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Last I checked you don't write a team that's won 7 games in a row off in July...
I write off whoever I truly think can't win the title. No team outside the top 4 this year has a chance.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I write off whoever I truly think can't win the title. No team outside the top 4 this year has a chance.
OMG you have completely confused the crap out of yourself!

1. I said "Imagine" Panthers win this year.
2. You write off the Panthers, considering they're currently on a 7 game winning streak.
3. You then remind me that you can't win a title in July, yet you sure as hell can write them off in July!
4. You say no team can win it outside the top 4... YET IT'S IN YOUR OWN WORDS ONLY JULY!!!!!!

LOOLOL

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
OMG you have completely confused the crap out of yourself!

1. I said "Imagine" Panthers win this year.
2. You write off the Panthers, considering they're currently on a 7 game winning streak.
3. You then remind me that you can't win a title in July, yet you sure as hell can write them off in July!
4. You say no team can win it outside the top 4... YET IT'S IN YOUR OWN WORDS ONLY JULY!!!!!!

LOOLOL
No I didn't confuse myself. If you think any team outside the top 4 can win the title this year then you're delusional. I don't care if the Panthers go into the finals on a 14 win streak, they ain't winning the title.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I didn't confuse myself. If you think any team outside the top 4 can win the title this year then you're delusional. I don't care if the Panthers go into the finals on a 14 win streak, they ain't winning the title.
HELLLOOO! You literally said it's only July 3 times! Who's to say they won't be in the top 4 come September!? Sheesh!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
HELLLOOO! You literally said it's only July 3 times! Who's to say they won't be in the top 4 come September!? Sheesh!
I'm not talking about them finishing in the top 4 in September. I'm talking about the current top 4 teams. None of the teams currently outside the top 4 can win the comp. Their rosters aren't good enough. Penrith's fullback, hooker and centres aren't good enough to win a comp.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a character should never of left the Sharks for that dumb swap, pity never played for Canterbury.
Good competitor.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see anyone but Melbourne, The Roosters or Souths winning it all.

Maloney has had a phenomenal career. I agree, he doesn't get the credit he deserves for being such a winner.

I'm surprised he chose Catalans over some of the bigger clubs but I'm sure he'll have them competing for a title soon and he'll dominate over there.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess Luke Keary has a sick grin on his face now. After the Cody Walker fiasco, Keary simply walks into the Blues #6 next year!
Keary was set to start game 1 this year but got injured (bad concussion). Walker was second choice. It does narrow down Fittlers halves choices next year but.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Keary was set to start game 1 this year but got injured (bad concussion). Walker was second choice. It does narrow down Fittlers halves choices next year but.
Mitchell Pearce, Nathan Cleary, Adam Reynolds, Luke Keary, Wade Graham and Jack Wighton. It'll be 2 of them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Signed with Catalans Dragons.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/925/maloney-signs-for-catalans
Catalans Dragons have announced the signing of Australian playmaker James Maloney from the 2020 season.
The Penrith Panthers halfback has signed a 3 years contract and becomes the first marquee player of the club since the introduction of the rule.

James Maloney said: “I’m really excited about the opportunity to join the Catalans Dragons. I have a really good relationship with Steve McNamara and look forward to playing under him and enjoying a lot of success at the club.”
“Having watched the team win the Challenge cup last year, I find it extremely motivating and would love to add other trophies to the cabinet during my time here.”
“I’m excited to bring my wife Jess and four kids over to learn all about the French culture and the experience that comes with it.”

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brilliant for him surely? Live in France for a bit, outside any spotlight. Low expectations. Good coin.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Easy to come back after 2 losses and say that.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Easy to come back after 2 losses and say that.
I guess it’s easy to say what u said after 7 straight wins
Don’t mean to get in on the 2 of you arguing, but put the shoe on other foot also

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess it’s easy to say what u said after 7 straight wins
Don’t mean to get in on the 2 of you arguing, but put the shoe on other foot also
You might wanna re-read what I said. I was saying don't discount the Panthers, not that they were definite winners or losers.

My argument wasn't even about whether the Panthers had a shot or not, it was that you cant discount a team that's won 7 in a row.

As shit as the Panthers have been the last 2 weeks, I still stand by what I said. They still can't be discounted.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget manly are not in top 4 and they way the beat Melbourne last week , they would be a chance to win it and are outside the 4 so team outside can definitely win it